PDA

View Full Version : hi need help for idea

ak47
02-08-2013, 04:29 PM
i want to make a char for my f2f game but need help. i want to make a dancer that sings, and uses thoughs abilities do distracts enemies and buffs party members.
i know main class be bard but for prestige class is the problem (what i mean by dancing is classic exotic dancing not striping off course but moves are sexual in nature) i cant find a dancing class. so i need help with that please.
what i have so far.
for race will be half-fiend/drow or tiefling or succubus
base class bard
sex female
states will be rolled in beginning of next game in front of gm.
lvl 8
alignment ce
haven't decided on feats yet.
only books allowed is almost all wotc books but forgotten realms also aloud dragon magazine. no third party. no net stuff.
this will be 3.5
i am basing this char off of one of my fav songs will link bellow so u get idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3oOQ8XnQWU
tyvm for help

nijineko
02-10-2013, 01:08 PM
so, there is a feat in the e-psi book Cloak Dance (requires hide+perform:dance) which lets you gain concealment, and if combined with a belt of battle (MIC) would be really handy for a mid-battle disappearing trick.

combine with some movement based skill-tricks from the comp scoundrel for a really nice mix of dance and sing abilities.

i believe there are some spells which boosts bardic ability as well.

i'm thinking of a bard-dervish to be honest. the dervish gets some nice movement abilities and the ability to attack on the move, and a dervish dance ability similar to rage with duration based on ranks in perform:dance. the boosts of the dance, combined with the boosts of a singing bard could be rather nice. also, the dervish can use scimitars as light weapons (see if the dm will let you use the great scimitar likewise) which is very nice for two weapon fighting.

you will want a freedom of movement item, as well as an anti-silence item as part of your main defenses. a frequent-use ventriloquism item would allow you to offset where your voice is coming from to prevent the dm from calling shenanigans on the above cloak-dance trick and let you keep on singing even if hidden.

max out ranks in tumble as well.

there is also a barbarian bard variant, savage bard(?) iirc, that might work interestingly with the dervish idea. more combat capable than a straight bard perhaps. the singing will function as buffs and maybe you can work in that feat that allows you to sub singing for verbal components as spells or something.

look to the athasian bard if you want to add poison to the mix. ^^

nijineko
02-11-2013, 11:33 AM
another good option, and perhaps an even better synergy than dervish, would be the cloaked dancer prestige from comp scoundrel. you get three new abilities tied to your dancing, plus the ability to make a surprise strike with a light weapon. if you manage to combine this with dervish somehow, that light weapon could be a scimitar. ^^

Hey I Can Chan
07-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Just an aside. All the bardic music special abilities require the bard use either "music or poetics" or "song or poetics," so being the bard specializing in only Perform (dance) does nothing but make money or waste skill points. Which is a shame because it should be a thing. It's just not.

The Greensinger Initiate feat from Eberron, however, adds Perform to your list of druid class skills. Then she dances with wolves.

nijineko
07-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Just an aside. All the bardic music special abilities require the bard use either "music or poetics" or "song or poetics," so being the bard specializing in only Perform (dance) does nothing but make money or waste skill points. Which is a shame because it should be a thing. It's just not.

The Greensinger Initiate feat from Eberron, however, adds Perform to your list of druid class skills. Then she dances with wolves.

not quite. tie bells or similar instruments to various body parts and you are making music....

or you could just do this...:

http://acharmingtwist.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/1291548_o.gif

that drum would make a reasonable bludgeoning attack, and the symbol both bludgeoning and sonic... ^^

Thorn
09-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Mary Poppins's Burt, interesting idea.