PDA

View Full Version : New Gaming Group in Stafford

Tanin Wulf
02-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Hello fellow Virginia / DC gamers!

My wife and I just moved to the area and we are looking to start up a gaming group. We play all kinds of games and all kinds of genres. I will be hosting out of our place in Stafford, and I will be Game Mastering.

A Bit About Me: My name is Adam and I've been Gamemastering a weekly game for about the last 11 years, since high school. In that time, I've also written for the Scarred Lands (DnD 3.5) and Exalted, both White Wolf lines.

A Bit About The Game: I tend to run games that are a good mix of roleplaying and combat. Campaigns vary in length. I try to avoid houserules, whenever possible, just so all of my players and I have the same expectations and can avoid having to remember snap decisions I made (it helps to stay consistent).

My games tend to have intricate stories that you, the players help drive forward and take in new directions. I tend not to do sandbox-style games because I am not very good at them. Instead, where I shine is in coming up with great stories with help from my players, where each of them has a role in the story, each of them can drive it in a different way, and everyone has their time in the limelight.

TIME: I would like to hold the game every Saturday, from 5:30 to about 11. However, if a majority of players would like to do earlier in the day on Sunday, or around 6ish on Fridays, we can adjust the game to that time. Traditionally, we've gotten dinner just before the game, or had it delivered during the game.

The First Game: While we will be doing a lot of games, from World of Darkness to Fireborn to Exalted, the first game, and many of the games we will play, will be Dungeons & Dragons, 3.5 and 4th Edition (and probably Next, when it comes out). The first game will be a Scarred Lands (DnD 3.5).

Ignore the Genre, above. It just makes me put that in there. :)

If You're Interested In Gaming With A Small-Time Author: Let me know. PM me or respond below! I'd like to get started as soon possible. As soon as I have 2 other players (for 3 total, counting my wife), we'll get started. I will continue to take players up to a maximum of 6. :D

Tanin Wulf
02-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Many of our campaigns are tracked through Obsidian Portal. Here's the portal page for the game we will be playing: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-serpent-amphora-cycle

Taj Gunn
02-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Hello, I live nearby and would like to be in your game. I play 4e dnd, but would like to epand my horizons

Tanin Wulf
02-06-2013, 11:16 PM
Send me a PM and we can figure out a time where we can meet at a neutral location and get to know each other a bit. Make sure we'll be a good fit for player and GM. =)

Tanin Wulf
02-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Well, we've settled on Friday at 6:30 as game night. We're doing character creation this Friday, so if anyone out there is still interested, let me know.

Tanin Wulf
03-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Well, we have started up. Still have room for 2 more, so bumping this thread.

Tanin Wulf
04-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Well the group is off to a great start! We had 5 players, but due to work related problems, 2 had to drop (husband and wife).

I'm still looking for a couple more to join us (no more than 3). Taj... are you still interested? I'll send you a PM.

Angelo
07-31-2013, 06:59 PM
Is this still going? I live in Manassas and would be interested - hit me up :)

Tanin Wulf
08-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Indeed it is. In fact, two of our players come from the Manassas area to play!

If you're interested in meeting up sometime, send me a private message. We can look to meet up somewhere during the week, depending on schedules, and then see if we can get you over to meet the other players. This way we can make sure everyone's going to get along well.

Tanin Wulf
08-01-2013, 08:29 PM
For those of you interested, here is a link to our Obsidian Portal campaign for our next game: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/aevira1.