PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder: Lords of the River Kingdoms

htrajan
12-27-2012, 12:58 PM
What game system are you running?

Pathfinder

How many Players are you looking for?

4-5 (have 1 already)

What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Level 1

How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Standard, as per PHB

Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

PHB only, will consider APG on a case-by-case basis

What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game?

Same as above.

By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

25 pt buy

Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

LG/NG/CG/LN/N only

Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

Fine as long as it is adaquately roleplayed before taking levels in new class.

Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

Probably 50% combat, 30% RP, 20% adventuring/puzzle-solving/crafting

Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

PHB only, will consider APG on case-by-case basis

Some background and motivation:

I am running this campaign in anticipation of the Pathfinder Online (http://www.goblinworks.com) sandbox MMO, which is slated to enter closed beta in mid-2014.

This game is basically an exploration of how gameplay will work in that setting except using tabletop rules. To that end, I want to be as true to the release conditions as possible (they plan to have only the PHB and maybe some parts of APG implemented at release).

The campaign:

You are all adventurers from various parts of Golarion who have been drawn by prospects of wealth and power to the Crusader Road area in the River Kingdoms. This is an untamed land ripe with turmoil yet home to vast riches and natural resources. As this is a sandbox game, I will not set any actual objectives for the PCs, but some loose guidelines involve setting up a chartered company, building settlements, amassing allies, and eventually constructing a kingdom to bring order to the land. You will have the ability to set up camps to harvest natural resources with the help of NPCs while defending them from impending threats. The area is also home to ruins and dungeons where you might find coin and other wealth to aid in your endeavors. Crafting will play a big a role in this setting, as you and the NPCs will basically be building settlements from scratch in the downtime. To that end, you will get 4 additional skill points at first level and 1 additional point each level for a crafting skill of your choice that you may treat as a class skill. I will go into more detail on what crafting skills are available at a later time.

Finally, there will be other groups of NPC adventurers forming their own chartered companies, both friendly and hostile, with whom you may setup diplomatic and/or trading relationships to exchange resources.

The players:

I am not in a rush to find players for this and am stressing quality over quantity. You must be able to respect my rules of PHB only (and limited use of APG). Prior experience with either 3.5 or Pathfinder is strongly preferred, and I will only consider those with no experience if I cannot fill enough slots with experienced players. Experience with Maptool is a plus but not necessary. You must be willing to use Skype.

Most importantly: I need people who are flexible on dates. I will be wrapping up my final quarter of a Master's in Financial Engineering and there will often be times where I will need to reschedule a game to another day due to project meetings, etc. I am hoping to run most games on Saturday evenings (PST), so I'm sorry if that doesn't work for you. Should game get rescheduled, it will most likely be to the following Sunday, so I need people who don't have recurring commitments on both evenings. If I need to reschedule and you already made plans for Sunday, I will not hold it against you.

If you are interested and fit the above criteria, please post here with a list of classes you'd be willing to play. All else equal, I will be more inclined to select people who are flexible on what classes they can play.

About me:

I've been playing RPGs since 2004 and GMing since 2005. I've run several campaigns in Maptool with various d20 systems as well as some alternates such as Savage Worlds. I am relatively new to sandboxing on this kind of scale but am aware of the Kingmaker modules and will be relying on those for advice on how to setup this kind of a setting realistically.

WolfmanRawr
12-29-2012, 11:55 PM
Are archetypes welcome for the base classes?

BastardKing
12-30-2012, 01:04 AM
I find it a little ironic and even counter productive that you are not allowing Chaotic Neutral as an alignment, since it is the central alignment of the nation.

The River Kingdoms are known for:
Pirates, Anarchists, Exiles, Bandits, and anyone else who cannot seem to fit in with society.

It is not an actual unified nation, but "a constantly shifting group of city-states and fiefdoms, each at war with the others both to gain more power and to prevent their own demise."

Banning Chaotic Neutral and Chaotic Evil in a campaign revolving around this land would be like banning Lawful Good in a paladin campaign. If any alignment should be banned, it should be TL and LG.

I know, I know, "But CN and all the evil alignments are always played poorly." But you yourself said you are looking for quality over quantity, and there are many people who CAN play CN, CE, TE, and LE. If you think they are the type of person who cannot roleplay evil well, and they want to, why not just tell them no, instead of restricting every player?

Simetradon
12-31-2012, 05:01 AM
Consider me interested.

AirRhino
12-31-2012, 09:39 PM
I could use a break from non stop 4E and Anima.

Would love to get back to some pathfinder.

My schedule is pretty much wide open besides Thursday nights.

You can add me on skype if you want : AirRhino87, just let me know its from the pnpforums.

htrajan
01-01-2013, 01:18 AM
Really sorry guys, forgot to set the subscribe notification method here to email. In any case, the campaign filled up on TTW before Saturday night (the first reply here). Thanks for your interest though.

scofsins
01-01-2013, 09:12 AM
what is ttw

WolfmanRawr
01-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Thetangledweb.net

shadovar
12-08-2014, 03:26 PM
open seats?