PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones

mrken
12-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Just looking to gauge the interest in a Saturday Game of Thrones.

mrken
01-11-2013, 09:28 PM
Looks like there are three people who wish to play GoT. From initial contacts we will be playing at Crit Castle on Saturdays. Going to have to wait for the Broncos to loose maybe.

mrken
03-26-2013, 03:34 PM
Well, the Broncos lost for sure, and even with nine players asking to play, nine excuses as to why they can't make that Saturday. Actually there have been so many excuses. Can sort of understand the two guys who live 15 to 20 miles away. An hour and a half to two hours on a bus one way sort of sucks. But I don't understand not replying to e-mails.

:(

mrken
05-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Saturday, Crit Castle, 1 pm, lets see how this goes.

mrken
05-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Two showed up and two or three more would like to join but I am looking for stable gamers who could make a fairly steady commitment to the group. If you like a fairly low magic medieval flavored game (I don't think there is much magic), let me know. We will meet again the 1st of June at 1pm at the Crit Castle. If you don't know where they are, find them on FB.

mrken
06-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Had three guys at the table today at Crit Castle. Went pretty good until the guys let me totally butcher the combat portion of the game. Next time I will have the book out and we will play as written. Also have some intrigue for the players to figure out. This week the combat, next week intrigue. Then they will be off to the races. The campaign will then start in earnest. One of the players would like to bring two or three other players in. If this happens, the table will be full. Have never had to wait so long to fill a table in my life. And this could be the best game of all the ones I have run. Would even like to try playing it if another player would like to run another game side by side.

mrken
06-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Had six players at the table yesterday. The three from last time and three new guys unexpectedly showed up looking for a Pathfinder game and never having played an RPG.

We spent time making characters all the way around for four of them until the final players showed up. Then we introduced the group to the intrigue portion of the game, and worked out the bugs I induced into the combat portion of the game last week.

Overall, the game went well enough. I fully expect two of the new players back next time we gather, and would not be surprised to see the third.

They are on their way to the Wall to deliver a knight who has disgraced himself and two lords. Much and more can happen in a thousand miles, then they have to get back home.

mrken
07-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Well now, the game looks as if we have a core group now. Four regulars who are able to make it every week. Wow, never expected every week, but I'll take it. Three of the guys have jobs that require an occasional weekend. We also added a side game as Brothers of the Night's Watch which I am a player. Will have to add another side game as the guy who was running it is one of those guys who has to work Saturday occasionally. Kind of nice that they all want to be regulars.

So, the group was entrusted to take a prisoner to the Wall, yeah, I know that is Joren's job, but the Lord couldn't wait to get rid of his unwanted guest. Well, the prisoner died. Harsh life up there in the North. And, they may have to deal with the father of the Anointed Knight that died. Depends. lol

mrken
07-30-2013, 05:58 PM
Ok, we have met seven times and pretty much have a core group of guys. Everyone has missed days for work or illness, but seven players, and three campaigns now. Should hold us. :) Thanks for your interest. We could have an empty chair if you wish to hang out and watch and wait.

mrken
08-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Been playing since May and the character who is the landed knight has yet to visit his holding. lol Maybe next week, they are getting close. lol But said that once before too. Cheers.

mrken
09-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Had the Black Wedding Saturday, finally. The guy has been engaged for like eight sessions. So, now he is a married man and already is wondering what happened. She has taken over his life. lol

Setting up the group for a story line that takes them to kings landing. Were Mrs. Ser will have much more to spend her husbands money on. :)

On the chance that one of the long list of people who keep popping in here would like to play, we have four pretty steady gamers and three who are fairly irregular, let me know. We are seeking a steady gamer who can meet at the Crit Castle about 1pm on Saturdays. We game pretty much every Saturday, but because the guy who plays the knight has a regular gig once a month we play a second story line. Anyway, we are looking for someone who wants to sling a sword around while riding a horse. :) Contact me here or via e-mail. Whatever works for you. You could be playing this next weekend.

mrken
09-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Hey, when I said we would like for another player to join us this coming Saturday, What I meant was, we would like for you to join us. Really. These guys enjoy the game and they need your help, and a lady would be quite welcome. There were quite a few women in the books and the series, we are not just looking for guys, but a gamer. if you got game, we want you.

mrken
10-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Ok, it looks like we might have picked up another player and a half, but, we might be loosing one. New job and different hours. Austin made a character but he will only be able to attend every other weekend. So, I would still like to pick up one more player. If you are watching this thread and it sounds even remotely like you might enjoy it, come over to Crit Castle this Saturday, about noon to create a character. We can easily fit in another person.

mrken
10-17-2013, 05:29 PM
The group has split in half, one side going early at noon, the other late, starting at eight. If the time was wrong, maybe now it will suit you better. Come join us.