PDA

View Full Version : Things you want to kill (in character)

Ed Zachary
05-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Discuss...

Farcaster
05-30-2007, 03:25 PM
The Teletubbies, bar none. For months on end I had to listen to the Teletubbies on in the background while my son was watching them. Luckily, he's moved on to watching other stuff -- for now. But, I still have their stupid "uh-ohs" and "bye-byes" stuck in my head.

Why would anyone want to kill a kender? They're so damn fun!

Moritz
05-30-2007, 03:38 PM
What's a Kender? - Never mind, found it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kender

I never read those books.

Down with Jar-Jar!

Ed Zachary
05-30-2007, 03:44 PM
The Teletubbies, bar none. For months on end I had to listen to the Teletubbies on in the background while my son was watching them. Luckily, he's moved on to watching other stuff -- for now. But, I still have their stupid "uh-ohs" and "bye-byes" stuck in my head.

For me it was Barney, the kids had him going non-stop. But as parents we forbid the teletubbies as a form of adult torture.

Why would anyone want to kill a kender? They're so damn fun!

They are the Teletubbies of the D&D world.

Kilrex
05-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Jar Jar 4tl!

He singlehandedly ruined Episode 1. Plus my sister went around using his stupid voice for days.

Farcaster
05-30-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm not so sure about that, Kilrex. Episode 1 was pretty bad all on its own. Although, I was very glad that he had a much reduced roll in the second and third movies. He had, what? A couple of lines between the both of them?

PhishStyx
05-30-2007, 10:33 PM
Barney all the way; the voice, the horrible purpleness of it, the SONGS, GREAT GOD NOT THE SONGS.

Barney is like a Lovecraftian Deep One come to life in our own backyard.

I actually kinda like the Teletubbies. Barney is an insanity causing horror born of Dagon.

Skunkape
05-31-2007, 06:53 AM
What, no all of the above?

Kilrex
05-31-2007, 08:49 PM
Who would want to kill Ewoks? They are so cuddly... And probably only a CR of 1/8. Not fast or strong and reliant on others to set up their defense.

PhishStyx
05-31-2007, 11:15 PM
Who would want to kill Ewoks?

Well, one would assume Stormtoopers.

ghostwalker
06-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Meesa want Jar Jar Binks killed dead, dead, DEAD!
I don't have any experience with Teletubbies or Barney; I figure the Ewoks were just George Lucas being George Lucas (how many stupid, helpless alien races do you see in Star Wars, anyway? Even Chewbacca verged on being an imbecile. . .); Kenders are cool, unless you get someone playing them who just likes to mess with the other players--then the kender comes across as malicious. But Jar Jar. Ah, Jar Jar. That is one character who undoubtedly deserves to die.

starfalconkd
06-02-2007, 08:56 AM
I said Jar-Jar, but what I actually meant is George Lucas.

Kilrex
06-02-2007, 10:20 AM
I said Jar-Jar, but what I actually meant is George Lucas.

He is more annoying than Jar Jar. Gets my vote.

Grimwell
06-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Kill them all!!!! All!!

Skunkape
06-04-2007, 06:52 AM
Kill them all!!!! All!!

Ah, a kindred spirit, makes me feel all warm inside, or that's the fires of hell, I can be sure which!:D

starfalconkd
06-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Ah, a kindred spirit, makes me feel all warm inside, or that's the fires of hell, I can be sure which!:D

Actually hell has central air in most rooms.

Skunkape
06-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Actually hell has central air in most rooms.

Shhooosh, don't tell people, then we'll have more of them wanting to get in!

starfalconkd
06-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Shhooosh, don't tell people, then we'll have more of them wanting to get in!

I'm in the recruitment department, I'm supposed to drum up business.

ubernoob
06-07-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm in the recruitment department, I'm supposed to drum up business.
What's the sign up fee?

Farcaster
06-07-2007, 06:11 PM
I think the answer would probably be... your soul, of course.

ubernoob
06-07-2007, 06:58 PM
I think the answer would probably be... your soul, of course.
Willing to share? Already been sold like twice before...

TheOtherMonica
06-24-2007, 03:45 AM
Jar jar must die, but I will support a movement that substitutes George Lucas.

Actually, this month Hell is providing central heating and decorative fire-places to ward off the chill. The recent hostile takeover by Unnamed Corporations caused the burning lakes to freeze over. On the upside, we may have a real winter Olympics team this year.

blue_jean13
07-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Ewoks for me i mean really did star wars really have to end with them all dancing kind of stupid way to end a climatic story i mean really. plus i bet they make funny sounds when they die.

Zorastor
07-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Jar Jar...
I hate that cheap wana be getto jamacan voice....what is that all about..
Cmon George what were you thinking?

shilar
07-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Im voting Barney that big purple reject from hell. Did you know his creator helped lead the charge against dodgeball in schools. And thats coming from the short fat kid with glasses. Every kid needs a target painted on them now and then. But why did I have to get the one cursed with attraction to rubber balls.

Inexorable
07-21-2007, 07:56 PM
The Teletubbies, bar none, damn annoying.. children zombifying.. retarded little puppets. I SHALL SMITE THEE.. yeah.. I almost hate Barney just as much... but yeah... I think it's cause one of them has a purse.

Rain_Spider_08
07-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Barney the dinosaur, without a doubt... teletubbies are a close second. I hated Barney when I was little, whenever my mom would turn on his show and I heard that "I love you song" ::shudders:: I would scream like a banshee until she turned it off. The teletubbies are second due to the face alot of my fellow students when I was in middleschool wore those stupid backbacks... made me sick

Argent
07-22-2007, 11:46 AM
If I had to choose just one, Barney. But I like the idea of Pokemoning the list ("Gotta get them all!"), and including Georgie boy as well. We could make a road trip out of it, maybe hit some cons along the way. Sound good?:D

Rain_Spider_08
07-22-2007, 04:53 PM
If I had to choose just one, Barney. But I like the idea of Pokemoning the list ("Gotta get them all!"), and including Georgie boy as well. We could make a road trip out of it, maybe hit some cons along the way. Sound good?:D

I support that, I'll bring the caffine :p lol but Barney dies first :mad:

Ramzei
07-10-2008, 12:40 AM
A good list indeed! I had to think it out a bit. JarJar got my vote, the kids programs I can turn off and pretend they dont exist to a degree. Ewoks got a close second, and Kender can at least be amusing. But turning off Star Wars didn't seem rational. :lol:

Tomcat1066
07-10-2008, 04:56 AM
Kenders. Must. Die.

We used to have a guy who loves playing kenders. Played with us a lot until he sort of dropped out of sight for a bit. Shortly after that, we heard he got picked up for multiple counts of breaking and entering, and this was after I had bailed him out of jail a couple of years previously for shoplifting (only because his girlfriend, my BEST friend, begged me to do it).

Now, kenders are just annoying kleptomaniacs bend on taking all the party's crap. Kill them all!!!!!!!!!!

Engar
07-10-2008, 08:14 AM
I had to choose Teletubbies. I would have chosen Barney, but there is only one so no joy at them scattering. The others are very annoying, but are already in games.

ryan973
07-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Everthing must go but the Kender i love those little bastards. of cours ei am speaking as a GM or as a player playign one. If i am a player and not a kender then die you little bastards. Give me a reach weapon or a good spell and let em have it.

Webhead
07-10-2008, 11:16 AM
How about, which do I not want to kill?

I've never had the deep-seated hatred for Ewoks that others seem to have.

Everything else on that list however, I would very much like to skewer with a lightsaber and then toss down a long shaft into the reactor of the Death Star shortly before it explodes.

Oh yes, and killing only a single Kender would not do. Nothing short of total genocide will satisfy that desire...

Tomcat1066
07-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Oh yes, and killing only a single Kender would not do. Nothing short of total genocide will satisfy that desire...

Finally, genocide I can support ;)

Webhead
07-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Finally, genocide I can support ;)

Vote Elder Party in 2008! Why settle for the *lesser* evil? :D

Tamerath
07-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Barney the Dinosaur is going down!

Addis Hellfire
07-12-2008, 03:59 PM
To many things on that list that I hate. I had to go with Kender though . . . they annoy the crap out of me (despite the occasional awesome comedy moment) . . . and Tas was really hard to kill when I played a evil Dragonlance campaign.

agoraderek
07-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Kenders. Must. Die.

We used to have a guy who loves playing kenders. Played with us a lot until he sort of dropped out of sight for a bit. Shortly after that, we heard he got picked up for multiple counts of breaking and entering, and this was after I had bailed him out of jail a couple of years previously for shoplifting (only because his girlfriend, my BEST friend, begged me to do it).

Now, kenders are just annoying kleptomaniacs bend on taking all the party's crap. Kill them all!!!!!!!!!!

i actually got a DM mad at me for killing tas in DL1...

kirksmithicus
07-14-2008, 06:35 PM
I would like to kill them all, but I am currently not powerful enough to kill the Teletubbies considering they are the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

agoraderek
07-14-2008, 06:36 PM
I would like to kill them all, but I am currently not powerful enough to kill the Teletubbies considering they are the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

the purse of pestillence????

kirksmithicus
07-14-2008, 06:59 PM
the purse of pestillence???? LMAO :lol:. Well they don't sound so fearsome now that you put it that way.

JamieH
07-15-2008, 03:34 PM
I almost voted Barney... I hate the frickin dinosaur, and so does my daughter!

Does anyone else remember the website DieDieDiejarjar.com. It really existed! The front page had a photoshop edit of the desert combat between Darth Maul and Quigon Jin. Between them the dropped in JarJar... and parts of him flying into the distance! It was gratifying!

However, Jar Jar Binks was probably the largest contributer to ruining the new star wars trilogy. Back in 2000 there was a pirate edit of the Phantom Menace that excluded Jar Jar. It was terrific! Lucasfilm went on record saying that they appreciated the fans enthusiasm for the film, but asked them to cease the alterations. Subsequently we see maybe three scenes with Jar Jar in The Attack of the Clones. Where he continues to be a babbling idiot. George Lucas used him as the Emperor's pawn/scapegoat. And he appears solemnly at Padme's funeral at the end of Revenge of the Sith.

All in all I have a seething dislike for the character. However, Lucas was successful in using Jar Jar to capture the attention of a younger audience. My daughter loves JarJar. I ruefully have had to purchase many a Jar jar doll/action figure for her....

I would love to be a Sith Lord like Darth Maul and turn Jar Jar into froglegs.

Talmek
07-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Jar Jar Binks would have to get my vote. My brother had the largest (private) collection of Star Wars memorabilia west of the Mississippi river at the release of Episode I. We went together to see it on opening night shortly before I was to be sent off for Basic Training. After sitting through that GAWD-AWFUL abortion of a film (you see, I'm not really into SW...more Tolkien-y), I asked my brother what Jar Jar was. His response?

"I'm really not sure, but given the opportunity I would have him castrated and shot."

Truly, one of the greatest kill-statements EVER.

Webhead
07-15-2008, 05:29 PM
...I asked my brother what Jar Jar was. His response?

"I'm really not sure, but given the opportunity I would have him castrated and shot."

Truly, one of the greatest kill-statements EVER.

Meanwhile, I was awaiting the (sadly never realized) scene in Revenge of the Sith when Jar Jar realizes what he's done by proposing Palpatine be given additional power and promptly hurls himself from the balcony of a skyscraper, plummeting to a messy death on the streets deep below. Either that or the sudden revealing of Jar Jar as the *real* Sith Lord and Anakin's biological father. Oh well... :ballchain:

Webhead
07-15-2008, 05:38 PM
And then, of course, there's this:

www.bbspot.com/News/2003/01/jaromir.html (http://www.bbspot.com/News/2003/01/jaromir.html)

Tomcat1066
07-15-2008, 06:49 PM

www.bbspot.com/News/2003/01/jaromir.html (http://www.bbspot.com/News/2003/01/jaromir.html)

Kill it! Kill it now!

agoraderek
07-15-2008, 06:59 PM

it hurrrttsssssssss usssssss!!! nassssssty webhead bagginssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!

Talmek
07-16-2008, 12:15 PM

Wow, thanks for that...seriously. Excuse me for a moment, won't you?

<Goes to hang himself in a bathtub>

Greylond
07-16-2008, 05:04 PM
I voted a Kender, but then ALL of my characters, as well as ALL NPCs when I GM, Kill EVERY Single one that pops up... :D

tesral
07-16-2008, 05:17 PM

Looks better in that outfit than he did in The Phantom Plot or Attack of the Clowns.

Webhead
07-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Looks better in that outfit than he did in The Phantom Plot or Attack of the Clowns.

Sadly, you're not wrong about that...

spotlight
07-16-2008, 05:39 PM
I could ignore all the others, even that goffy trouble maker, Jar Jar. but I voted to destroy those teletubies. I can't define exactly why, but I truely despise that lot!

Webhead
07-16-2008, 05:44 PM
I could ignore all the others, even that goffy trouble maker, Jar Jar. but I voted to destroy those teletubies. I can't define exactly why, but I truely despise that lot!

That's exactly what they want you to think... :heh: