PDA

View Full Version : Hi there.

unwake
05-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Semi-new, I have a tendency to lurk for a bit before posting. My name is Jason and I'm from New Jersey. Currently I'm in a small Greyhawk group. Since it meets every other week I'm finding myself with a bit more time then I expected. I have no preference for any game system, though most of my experience is in Cyberpunk and D&D 3.5. My prior group was a bit hack and slash heavy so I'm kind of looking for a more RP heavy group.

Ezrandi
05-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Oh wow I haven't played cyberpunk for a long long time.. Now i have to go back and sift through my game books again.

Hi Jason,

:)

Farcaster
05-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Welcome a'board, Unwake. Looks like there are a number of players not too far from you all looking for a group. Perhaps you or one of the other folks there could organize a game and try your hat at DM'ing ;) It's fun and rewarding. I promise.

Happy Hunting!

unwake
05-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah we were the only group playing Cyberpunk in the area at the time. I honestly don't think any one does play that in this area anymore. we mostly have card gamers, warhammer enthusiasts and some D&Ders.

My current groups DM is on that list actually, doesn't look like anyone else is willing to travel the distance to his house though. On the subject of DMing myself, well there is a funny story there... :o

Anyway, well the big reason why I have not already tried to set up my own group is space. My place isn't big enough and the only place nearby that won't kick us out may be closing permanently soon.

Farcaster
05-28-2007, 11:25 AM
Funny story? We love hearing those...

That's a shame about your venue closing. Is that a comic/rpg shop?

lanceromega
05-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Yeah we were the only group playing Cyberpunk in the area at the time. I honestly don't think any one does play that in this area anymore. we mostly have card gamers, warhammer enthusiasts and some D&Ders.

My current groups DM is on that list actually, doesn't look like anyone else is willing to travel the distance to his house though. On the subject of DMing myself, well there is a funny story there... :o

Anyway, well the big reason why I have not already tried to set up my own group is space. My place isn't big enough and the only place nearby that won't kick us out may be closing permanently soon.

Well I in queens NYC, I attempting to create a gaming group together, While the Campaign I am running will be a superhero campaign using the hero system, the world has many cyperpunk elements, if you interested let me know.

unwake
05-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Funny story? We love hearing those...

That's a shame about your venue closing. Is that a comic/rpg shop?

Pure gamestore actually, nice balanced mix of PnP, Miniatures, and cardgames. They did have a second store at one point but I have no idea if it's still around.

That story is less funny: ha ha, more funny: uh oh. What happened was our GM could no longer continue to spend the time needed for running a game due to his classes starting up again. his logical replacement had moved away suddenly. Which left me, with a total of four sessions under my belt, as the next GM by virtue of being the smartest of the three(including myself) remaining players. Nothing came of this though as we were unable to find a time when all of our schedules were clear.

About two years later I was contacted by the old GM and was coaxed into running a game a cyberpunk for six players. Needless to say it was a trainwreck. I was consistently unable to provide a venue, as well as design a fun and well thought out game that kept the entire groups attention engaged. While my skill did improve, I felt I was more of a detriment to the groups stability as a GM then as I would be as a player. So I stepped down.

lanceromega - Thank you for the offer but Queens is a bit out of range till I can get several needed repairs for my car.