PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and salutations

GarretLightfoot
05-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Hello,

I am a 23 year old roleplayer who got introduced to the wonderful world of PnPRPGs back in 2001 while in college. I am available for game pretty much any afternoon/evening right now and am a player almost exclusively as I haven't found the courage to strap on the mantle of DMing. Prefered game is D&D, but I have played several other games and I am willing to try almost anything once (save for a select few that I would not touch, even with a 50 foot pole). Nice to meet everyone.

Rain_Spider_08
05-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Hi, welcome to pen and paper games :). I read your profile, nice to find someone else that likes forgotten realms :D. Dare I ask what games you would not touch with a 50 foot pole? Whats your fav class and race to play in forgotten realms?

GarretLightfoot
05-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Well, I will not play Vampire, anything Star Wars, anything horror based, and a certain Game That Must Not Be Named (but thats obvious). And as for races... I like Halflings, Orcs, Goblins, Kobolds, Bugbears, and basically a BALANCED version of the anthropomorphic characters using Savage Species. And classes I like practically anything except Paladins and maybe some of the new base classes from the Complete books.

Rain_Spider_08
05-21-2007, 06:59 PM
lol well it seems that the only game you and I have in common is Forgotten Realms and D&D. I'm big on horror based games especially vampire and other WoD games and Star wars. But to each his own :shrugs: :) and forgive my ignorace but I don't know what "game that must not be named" your talking about. I'm no paladin fan myself nor cleric for that matter, I tend to get most of my classes from "complete" books I own. I'm a big fan of ninja and swashbuckler. Tielflings are my favorite race but I also appreciate most of the fiends and creatures that look half humanoid/animal (centaurs, driders, satyrs, ect) that savage species and some other books have to offer. I refuse to play a majority of the races available in the players handbook.

GarretLightfoot
05-21-2007, 08:10 PM
If you search it on Google you will know exactly what I mean, though be prepared to be scared. As for the games I like, I don't hate the other WoD games (though I only know oWoD, not nWoD) just don't like Vampire as its too political intrigue if run properly and too "Rawr, I have fangs and I want your blood" if run poorly.

KibaOokami
05-22-2007, 12:52 AM
Being new, I'll push into this thread since hes a friend of mine :). I like the World of Darkness system and though he growls at me, when I get players to run he's going to be playing in Werewolf, no matter what he says :). Afterall its a horror based game, and he doesn't want to play. What better can I do for horrifying him, right? :)

PhishStyx
05-22-2007, 01:13 AM
Hiya. 'Sup?

KibaOokami
05-22-2007, 02:44 AM
Hiya. Not much. Just decided to look around here a little, a bit shy mostly which drops my rating in games..I need to be beaten out front ;). I sit in the back scared of messing up, for some strange reason. Someone, motivate me with the Clue by Four! (My DM actually has a two by four he put the words "Clue by 4" on it in case he had to give people clues...though I think its a joke..I hope...though he doesn't run anymore.)

PhishStyx
05-22-2007, 11:31 AM
That's ok when I lived in Richmond, I played Shadowrun at a store called Fantastix. One of the employees had a baseball bat with the words "Game Club" burned into it in case somebody got rude.

Rain_Spider_08
05-22-2007, 12:48 PM
ouch heheheh that is funny though, I always wanted to name a baseball bat "peacemaker" incase something went out of hand in the store I wanna open in a few years. Hiya KibaOokami... that translates to fang wolf if I'm not mistaken.. though I might be ;) I'm not the most devote of some anime fans I know. I'm not big on werewolf but that didn't stop me from buying any of the games for it (WtA and WtF) it'd be perfect if they could kinda combine both the games into one, I miss the old tribes and breeds especially the Metis :3. I especially miss the bonegnawers (fav <3 :D ) and Shadowlords

GarretLightfoot
05-22-2007, 01:48 PM
You are correct about the translation. Its been beaten into my head by him. :p My favorite tribes are Bone Gnawers (:D), Children of Gaia, Silent Striders Silver Fangs (If I played one I would play them more like Albrecht and less like 99% of the tribe), and Wendigo.

PhishStyx
05-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Hrm, I ever played Werewolf once and I was a . . . aww man, now I don't remember what he was, except of course, he was big, nasty, and all sorts of weird stuff going on in his head. I think it was called Banes or something.

Hrm, gonna go look for him now.

PhishStyx
05-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Wait, who were the ones connected to that company, Pentax (or whatever you call it)?

KibaOokami
05-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Fomori or if you mean Werewolves, Black Spiral Dancers :) Originally White Howler that have been corrupted by the wyrm, taking their entire tribe and blah blah blah :P

KibaOokami
05-22-2007, 05:22 PM
ouch heheheh that is funny though, I always wanted to name a baseball bat "peacemaker" incase something went out of hand in the store I wanna open in a few years. Hiya KibaOokami... that translates to fang wolf if I'm not mistaken.. though I might be ;) I'm not the most devote of some anime fans I know. I'm not big on werewolf but that didn't stop me from buying any of the games for it (WtA and WtF) it'd be perfect if they could kinda combine both the games into one, I miss the old tribes and breeds especially the Metis :3. I especially miss the bonegnawers (fav <3 :D ) and Shadowlords
Fanged Wolf
Fang Wolf
Wolf Fang
Wolf's Fangs
Japanese can be taken in a hundred ways XD,its generally implied in the written form what it means though they have no 's' or 'es' so its up to the person to interpret it. Fang Wolf is about right in this case~ Sory. I'd chat more but I'm running to RoAnime now! (We run conventions video rooms -- Anime Mid Atlantic, Nekocon, SheVACon. We used to run Katsucons video rooms, and now the leader of out group is the con chair ad owns Nekocon XD. We're insane)

PhishStyx
05-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Black Spiral Dancers :P

That's it. That's what my character was. He rocked, Julian Moreau, an evil evil man if ever there was one; he owned a slave/bondage club in New Orleans, and he and his buddy, who was a Vampire from some tiny, little-known, Norse "Sea Wolf" type clan which I don't recall the name of, would go around the city kicking the crap out of the Giovanni in town because they wouldn't leave him alone.

Mostly, Julian and his friend wanted to just kind of hang out and be good lil evil citizens.

I liked Julian so much that I translated him to WitchCraft last year.

PhishStyx
05-22-2007, 05:53 PM
SheVACon.

Cool, I've been to Shevacon for the last 4 years straight.

As far as I know, I'll be there next year too.

KibaOokami
05-22-2007, 09:01 PM
We've ran it for at least the last 4 years XD. probably at least 4. probably longer. I've gone to three Shevas now. You'll probably be there..and we'll probably have hte party room again. Jacuzzi suite for the win! :P

Cool, I've been to Shevacon for the last 4 years straight.

As far as I know, I'll be there next year too.