View Full Version : Name for an Alchemist Gunner?

Soft Serve
10-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Writing an RPG. Have a class specialization that will give the PC the ability to imbue / infuse shots from rifles with abilities like a Fireshot, or a Drillshot that hits and then starts drilling further into the target for increased damage.

This person is going to be a kind of Chemist / Rifle Cavalry mix so I'm trying to find a decent name for them, but Alchemist Gunner doesn't quite fit in. I don't know why, it just doesn't ring right with me.

Also, I don't want to do that thing where you "create" a name for it. "Oh in this world Alchemist Gunners are just called Akvi" or whatever. That just feels like a cheap trick to me. (No shame in you doing it though, I don't mean to offend)

So yeah. Any ideas or assistance?

10-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Hermetic Engineer
Alchemic Smith
Thaumaturgic marksman

Or some variation

Soft Serve
10-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Thaumaturgic Marksman, awesome. That'll work thanks so much, really appreciated.