PDA

View Full Version : [Supers!] Liberty Force pbp, IC



Dustland
08-07-2012, 06:42 PM
You are Liberty Force, recruited by the Liberty City Police Department to act as its super-powered special response team a little over a year ago. Things have been quiet though, too quiet, agonizingly quiet in fact...you're bored. The papers have begun to turn on the Chief and the Mayor for wasting tax payer money on an unnecessary super-squad.

Things began to change a few weeks ago. People in LC's underworld began to get pounded, smooshed remains have been turning up all over. Something big, strong, and ruthless has begun to move on the criminal underground. It has become obvious that someone is brutaly crafting a criminal kingdom at the expense of the various crime families that have long operated in the city. The Chief wants a name, the Mayor wants the killings to stop, and the press, well, the press is thriving on the chaos and carnage on account of all the papers they're selling.

The Chief calls you in one afternoon, along with a small crowd of detectives and cops. Chomping on a cigar, he begins. "Gentlemen, it's time to earn your keep. As you all know, something's going down, a super's been making a mess of the various families around town. Haven't been able to get a name on the perp though. Everyone's scared." His staccato speech is accented by a puff on his cigar before he continues.

"Got a call today. Fella named Benito Laguna wants to come in. Wants to talk. Might be the break we need. Only problem is, he says he's scared, thinks people are on to him. Thinks he'll get whacked and soon. Mr Laguna says he'll come in IF I send Liberty Force to protect him. So, go to 123 4th Street and extract Mr Laguna. Here's his contact number, " he writes a phone number on the board. "He said to call when you get to the apartment at the address and he'd tell you where he is excactly. Bring him back safe and sound. Unmarked cars will set up perimeter two blocks out in case things go south. No mistakes. Any questions?"

If you have an aptitude or power that you think might be useful here, or at any point in the game, go ahead and describe what you're doing and make the roll so we don't have to have multiple posts to cover an action (in other words don't ask first, wait for reply, then roll the action). If it's not appropriate, I'll let you know, but I'm pretty open to ideas!

Xhaosdaemon
08-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Pyrebird's brow furrows in concentration then he gestures and words of flame appear above his hand; "If we can get to him, I should be able to extend my gifts to provide a force bubble for him. That should make him feel safer." He looks around at his still-new companions to see what thoughts they have.

Simon W
08-08-2012, 01:11 AM
Dragster, normally known for acting alone, suggests going ahead at speed to check out the address. Pre-empting the others' reactions to this idea, he says he won't do anything until the others get there, he just wants to have a quick run around the block to see what's what.

urbwar
08-08-2012, 02:47 AM
Glare looks over at Dragster, and nods his head in agreement. "That sounds like a good idea Dragster. You can zip in and out of the area, and let us know if it's a trap or not. Once you've scouted things out, Pyrebird and I can take positions in the air, while the rest of the team moves in to secure Laguna for transport. If we stay high enough, it shouldn't give the rest of you away. How does that sound?"

Dragonfly
08-08-2012, 07:51 AM
"The plan, I believe, is sound," says Andromeda, with a pensive look on her face. Then, addressing Glare, she asks, "Do you, however, think that Pyrebird should join the extraction team rather than provide air support? I say this only because he can, as he says, 'extend his gifts' to Benito Laguna. Another thing to consider is the means by which we will transport him once we have him secured. Will you fly him out yourself, Pyrebird? That might be best."

"As for me, I am happy to werve in whatever capacity I am needed. I submit, however, that my talents would best serve the extraction team."

urbwar
08-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Glare turned to face Andromeda. "You have a point Andromeda. I'm just concerned Laguna might freak being surrounded by Pyrebird's protective flame. Guys like him aren't used to that, so we should prepare him for that before letting Pyrebird do his thing"

Xhaosdaemon
08-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Pyrebird smiles at Glare and flaming words appear briefly above his hand, clarifying his earlier statement; "While you are correct that flames would be frightening to someone I was actually going to use my mental talents to bring into being a globe of psychic force to surround Laguna."

Simon W
08-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Having been given what he regards as the go ahead and not being one to hang around, Dragster jumps up and speeds out of the room with a "See you guys when you catch up!" He heads for 123 4th Street, at speed.

Dustland
08-08-2012, 05:02 PM
As the other members of Liberty Force nail down a strategy, Dragster suddenly jumps from his seat and zips out of the room, the gust of wind from his quick passage throws loose papers into the air and snuffs out the Chief's cigar. He turns to face Dragster to berate him but the door's already closed and the super's three blocks away before he can. He snarls and relights his cigar...

Dragster: At 1200mph, it doesn't take you long to reach 123 4th Street. It's a three story, poorly maintaned apartment building, easily a hundred years old, flanked on either side by equally old and delapidated buildings. Numerous people are milling about on the street, standing on corners, or crouched in doorways. This is a poor area of town known for its rough character. No one seems to pay you much attention, and while you suspect drug dealers and prostitutes can be found aplenty, there's nothing going on to raise your alarm outside of the building on first inspection.

Liberty Force has access to unmarked police cars if they need a ride to the apartment.

Dragster can make a power or aptitude roll to see if he can spot anything suspicious, but the longer he darts around the area, the more likely someone is to notice...

Simon W
08-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Dragster: At 1200mph...

And at 1600mph he gets there even quicker! :)



Dragster can make a power or aptitude roll to see if he can spot anything suspicious, but the longer he darts around the area, the more likely someone is to notice...

I rolled a 4

urbwar
08-09-2012, 02:49 AM
Glare chuckles, his voice echoing inside his helmet. "I keep forgetting how versatile your powers are Pyrebird. Since we haven't had much action as a team, I should pay more attention to our roster files. I still think the two of us should cover the rest of the team from above, then once they secure Laguna, you can swoop in and throw your protective field around him. I'm fine with it either way, but having two of us in the air will allow us to cover the area from all sides better. Your call of course."

Dustland
08-09-2012, 06:57 PM
And at 1600mph he gets there even quicker!Doh!

Dragster: At first you don't notice anything, but you begin to realize people are clearing off the street. You catch a few muttered comments from the locals, "Ain't that one of them super-cops...What's he doin' down here bro, someone should teach him a lesson about pokin' around where cops ain't allowed...I'm outa here, it's starting to smell like bacon..."

Liberty Force: You all take to the air and begin making your way to 4th Street, staying high in the sky so as to not be too conspicuous.

I'm assuming Pyrebird, Andromeda, and Glare all fly there. If someone takes a car, just say so. Once you all hammer out your plan (if there's more to discuss) and contact Laguna via the phone number provided, I'll advance the scene.

Dragonfly
08-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Up on the rooftop of the police precinct.

"We'd better catch-up to Dragster," says Andromeda as she draws a metalic midnight blue and silver rod from a holster at her side. Responding to a few deft touches from Andromeda's fingers, the device hums with power. Red lights and dots begin to appear on its surface.

"I'm fine with Pyre joining you in the skies, if you believe that is the best course of action. I'll join Dragster in making contact with Benito Laguna." As she speaks, her body is enveloped in a harness that projects from the rod, by the time she is done speaking, the harness has spread wings. The effect is that of a one man flyer, with the rod serving as a steering mechanism.

With that, she smiles. "I'll meet you there." She jumps from the rooftop, as small jets engage - propelling her to the address.

As she flies to the site, Andromeda will call the phone number that Benito Laguna provided.

Xhaosdaemon
08-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Pyrebird smiles and flaming words appear briefly above his hand; "I will fly in from above, that sounds reasonable. When things are reasonably secure I will descend and secure Laguna in a force bubble for transport." He concentrates for a few moments and wings of some unknown force appear from his back, looking and sounding like flames but giving off little heat. Pyrebird takes off at some speed in the direction of Laguna.

urbwar
08-10-2012, 01:22 AM
Glare actives his suit's anti-gravity controls, and lifts off into the sky, following Andromeda & Pyrebird as the head to rendezvous with Dragster

Dustland
08-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Dragster: You're a bit uneasy as the streets begin to clear. You receive a text (because 21st Century supers carry cellphones, right?) saying the rest of LF is on the way. A few moments later you see the three flying supers appear high in the sky. Two remain aloft (Pyrebird and Glare) while the third, Andromeda on her flying hovercyclethingy, descends and lands near you.

Liberty Force: Everyone in place, Andromeda makes the call to Mr Laguna as she and Dragster stand across the street from the apartment building. Everyone can hear the phone call (conference calling...)

L:"Yah?"
A:"Benito Laguna, this is Andromeda of Liberty Force, I'm here to escort you to the police station."
L:"It's about d*&n time! You know, this ain't no joke lady. People's gunnin' for me, you see? Bad thing's is gonna happen..."
A:"Benito Laguna, please, tell me what apartment you're in so we can get you out of here quickly and safely. Trust me, no one wants to mess with the amount of firepower we have on hand to protect you."
L: He's quiet for a moment,"Yah, ok, I'm on the third floor, apartment number..."

Whoomp...bang!

A flash of light from all the third floor windows and a muffled sound draws your attention upwards, followed by a tremendous BOOM! as the windows explode, blown out by a wall of fire!

A:"Sir, Benito Laguna, can you hear me? Are you all right?"

Moaning noises are the only response then the signal is lost...

...meanwhile...

Amid the chaos, a brown sedan suddenly peels out of a parking spot a hundred yards away from Dragster and Andromeda, nearly running over gawking onlookers, then speeds off into the city!

Everyone roll initiative!

The situation:
1) Mr Laguna sounded as though he was still alive, presumably on the third floor of the apartment building.
2) The entire third floor of the apartment building is ablaze; given the state of the structure, you all figure the fire will quickly spread downstairs and potentially to neighboring structures. The fire is a Hazard(fire) 3D (and could grow!). Anyone entering the structure to fight the fire OR rescue Laguna will be subject to the fire's attack.
3) Who was in the car that just sped away???

Xhaosdaemon
08-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Pyrebird flies in towards the flames, arms spread wide he looks almost as if he plans on gathering the fire to himself.

Initiative Roll (Reaction 3D)

urbwar
08-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Seeing Pyrebird head towards the fire, Glare turns to follow the car. "Ok team. I'm headed after the car, while Pyrebird is heading in to deal with the fire. Dragster, unless you want to help Pyrebird, I could use your help keeping tabs on this car"

*Initiative Roll (Reaction 3D)*

Initiative

Simon W
08-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Seeing Pyrebird head towards the fire, Glare turns to follow the car. "Ok team. I'm headed after the car, while Pyrebird is heading in to deal with the fire. Dragster, unless you want to help Pyrebird, I could use your help keeping tabs on this car"

"I'm on it."

Dragster goes after the disappearing vehicle at full speed.

Initiative (reaction 5D) = 18

(I used the D&D online dice rolller - Just how do you use the dice roller you guys are using?)

Dustland
08-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Check out the last post in the OoC thread, page two. I posted it in big red letters :)

Dragonfly
08-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Confident that Glare and Dragster can catch the car, and figuring that Pyrebird will handle the flames, Andromeda changes the setting on her hald-held device to sabre mode and Super Leaps to the third story windows, aiming for those most in-line-of-sight from where the brown sedan was parked. Landing, she'll call out, "Benito Laguna? BENITO LAGUNA!"

Initiative

Dustland
08-11-2012, 02:17 PM
DF, roll 2d6...there's 12 units per floor, so if you roll a 12, you happen to land in Benito Laguna's apartment, on your turn of course!

Dustland
08-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Fire's initiative

Fleeing car's initiative

Dustland
08-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Round 1!
Dragster : 18
Glare : 13
Pyrebird : 12
Fire in the apartment : 12
Andromeda : 9 (remember to roll 2d6 to see if you enter Laguna's apartment, need a 12)
Fleeing Car : 6

Dragonfly
08-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Apartment #

Simon W
08-12-2012, 05:26 AM
Dragster will get to the front of the speeding car and give it a burst of sound waves to slow it to a halt.

Sonic Powers (4D) result = 11

(PS I've figured the dice rolling code now, so I'll use it from here on in! :))

Dustland
08-12-2012, 07:20 AM
Fleeing car tries to muscle through Dragster's sound waves!

Dragster: The super-pressured wave blows out the car's windows! As it swerves, jumps the curb, then regains control, you see there is a single occupant, a terrified looking driver who guns the gas and tries to outrun you!

Fleeing car takes 1D damage!

Glare is up!

urbwar
08-12-2012, 08:07 AM
Seeing that the driver has no concern for the safety of people on the street, Glare channels his armor's light control, and creates a net of solid light in an attempt to stop the car.

(As he is in the air, Glare will go full attack, giving him an extra 1D to his Light Control)

Light Control net

Dustland
08-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Fleeing car accelerates through Glare's light-net

Glare: Your armor molds the light into a net in front of the brown sedan. The driver tries to cut the wheel to avoid the trap, but the car slides sideways into your construct and is held firmly in place! The driver throws open the car door as though to flee, but Dragster darts into his path with breathtaking speed. Realizing his plan of escaping on foot is hopeless, he throws his hands in the air to surrender to you two.

"Oh man, he's gonna break me! I'm dead, I'm so dead, didn't mean nothin' cops, just a job, I'm sorry..." the driver sobs as one of you slaps the cuffs on him.

The fleeing car is successfully haulted and the driver captured! The apartment is still on fire (Hazard 3d) and Benito Laguna is somewhere inside.

Pyrebird is next!

Xhaosdaemon
08-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Pyrebird flies down level to the third floor, hovering in the air. He concentrates briefly, stretching out his will and calling to the mass of fire,attempting to gather it all to one small location before him.

Elemental Control (Fire) to concentrate the flames in one location.

Dustland
08-12-2012, 10:52 AM
The power of the raging inferno...

Pyrebird: You are able to control some of the fire, but most of the third floor is still burning out of control!

Flames reduced to 2d...

Dustland
08-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Pyrebird: Like a savage dog on a leash, the fire bucks your control and belches out from the window in a growing ball of flame, hurtling straight at you!

Inferno lashes out at Pyrebird

Andromeda: You land in an apartment and look around through the billowing smoke and flame. After a quick sweep of the unit, you determine Benito Laguna is not in this one.

Being exposed to the smoke and flame, Andromeda is attacked by the hazard as well...

The flames and smoke attempt to devour Andromeda!

We'll move to Round 2 after Pyrebird and Andromeda make their defense rolls.

Xhaosdaemon
08-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Pyrebird, seeing the flames rushing towards him, concentrates for a moment again and his entire body becomes flame. As the fire from the building reaches him it merely becomes a part of who he is at the moment.

Elemental Form (Fire, 3D) to become flame and allow the leaping fire to merge with him.

Dustland
08-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Pyrebird: The flames harmlessly merge with your elemental form.

Very cool!

Andromeda needs to defend against the attack, then on to Round 2!

Dragonfly
08-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Squinting through the smoke and fire, Andromeda continues to call out Benito Laguna's name while trying to spot him.

Andromeda relies on her alien physique (Fortitude) to resist the Inferno's effects

Dustland
08-12-2012, 02:43 PM
End of Round 1:
Glare and Dragster have a suspect in custody a short distance away from the apartment.
Andromeda is on the third floor of the apartment building searching for Benito Laguna.
Pyrebird is battling the flames (2d remaining).

Round 2:
Dragster
Glare
Pyrebird
Fire!
Andromeda

Simon W
08-13-2012, 01:06 AM
Dragster (looking at Glare) says to himself, "well I'd talk if that guy was asking the questions".

Says to captive: "Talk, or he'll get nasty (pointing to Glare). What were you up to and who's the guy that's gonna kill ya?" .

urbwar
08-13-2012, 02:22 AM
Glare, picking up on Dragster's play, starts a glow around his armor. He then creates a spear out of light, and punctures one of the car's tires.

Light spear puncturing tire

Dustland
08-13-2012, 04:53 PM
Dragster and Glare: The man's eyes go wide at Glare's display of power and the realization that he's in a hopeless situation. "Please, I can't tell you guys nothin'. Arrest me, whatever, but if I squeal, Stripe's gonna stomp me! You can't make me talk, I ain't gonna rat, ya see?" He continues to babble, not realizing he's given you a name....

Pyrebird's next!

Xhaosdaemon
08-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Even though he knows fire isn't sentient, Pyrebird thought it was pretty rude of the blaze to try and hurt him. He again stretched out his power and called the flame to congregate completely in one location.

Elemental Control (Fire) to try and finish the job he started.

Dustland
08-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Burn baby burn

Pyrebird is able to snuff most of the flames on the third floor (Hazard reduced to 1d). Just as it appears that he will be able to contain the blaze completely, the still burning interior hallway collapses through the floor and sets the second and first floors ablaze! A moment later a terrible hiss and pop, followed by a rush of fire announces the rupture of the remaining gas lines in the building!

The flames spread and are intensified by the added fuel! (+3d, so Hazard (fire) 4d now). Given enough time, the fire will certainly spread to neighboring structures....tic toc tic toc...

[Weird, having problems rolling twice in one post....]

Dustland
08-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Andromeda, searching the rooms, and Pyrebird, hovering in front of a window as the gas lines explode, must both resist the new rush of heat and flame!
I like my supers well-done please.
Andromeda is next!

Dragonfly
08-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Okay, sorry for the confusion. Ignore this post. I entered the die code as 3D instead of 3d6 - hence the impossible result of 0. Check out the next post for the correct (still bad) roll.

Athleticism to avoid rush of heat and flame

Dragonfly
08-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Athletics to avoid rush of heat and flame

About to move deeper into the building in search of Benito Laguna, Andromeda sees the floor crumble and hears the hiss preceding the gas main explosion. She attempts to leap over the onrush of heat and flame to reach some of the unsearched rooms, but underestimates the task and is struck by the flames [1d taken to Fortitude]. Thrown off balance, she lands awkwardly and twists her ankle [1d taken to Reaction].

Dragonfly
08-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Eyes narrowing in frustration at her mis-step, she rises to her full height and calls out yet again, "Benito Laguna! Where are you!"

If she doesn't see or hear him in her immediate vicinity, she will take her Silver Knight Sabre and cut a hole in the wall, moving into an adjacent room as she continues her search.

Silver Knight Sabre to cut hole in wall

Dustland
08-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Andromeda: Burnt and limping, you cut your way into the adjacent unit. The smoke makes it hard to see and your wounds are nagging and distracting. Just as you are certain the room is empty you trip over something, aggrevating your already throbbing ankle.

On the ground next to you is a severly burned man, a phone clutched in his hand. You call to him but get nothing but moans in response. You pull the cell phone from his hand and look at his recent calls; the last one is from you!

End of Round 2:
Glare and Dragster have the suspect in custody and a name...Stripe.
Pyrebird is still battling the flames, but for now at least, they are once again out of his control and have now overtaken the entire building! (Hazard Fire 4d)
Andromeda, singed and hurting, appears to have located Benito Laguna in one of the units.

Round 3:
Dragster Note, the police will have arrived so you can leave your supsect in their custody if you want to fight the fire and/or help with extracting Mr Laguna.
Glare
Pyrebird
Fire!
Andromeda

Simon W
08-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Dragster leaves the perp with the cops and shouts to Glare "see you at the building"

He'll run back to the building to see what's what and assess his best options

Dustland
08-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Dragster: You zip back to the building and are startled to find the fire that was initially confined to the third floor is now billowing out of the windows of all three floors! Pyrebird is hovering in his elemental form, appearing to be fighting a losing battle against the blaze while Andromeda is nowhere to be seen.

A sizeable crowd has gathered to watch the action. Someone notices you and shouts, "Hey, cop, you gonna do somethin' man? That's my home burnin'!" A chorus of jeers and shouts follows, directed at you and Liberty Force in general...

Dragster can still perform an action if he wishes.

Glare can also reach the building and act in the same round as well.

So Dragster and Glare are up!

Simon W
08-15-2012, 01:05 AM
Since Dragster has nothing I can think of to actually fight the fire, Dragster will run around inside the building to see if there are any people trapped within that need rescuing. Dragster will resist with super speed.

Defence: Super Speed

urbwar
08-15-2012, 05:02 AM
Glare flies back to the apartment building. Seeing the flames still going, he lands next to a fire hydrant, and focuses, attempting to create a firehose out of solid light...

create firehose out of solid light

Edit: I'm assuming I have to wait until next turn to start dousing the fire with water if successful.

Dustland
08-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Dragster:
You dart into the building, clearing the first floor in a matter of seconds. Fortunately it appears that everyone had enough time (and sense) to get out before the fire spread. You dodge a piece of the ceiling as it collapses in a fiery heap, then dart to the second floor via the central staircase.

In one of the units an old woman is slumped in a wheelchair, purse clutched to her chest, a tv blaring loudly in the living room. Your heart stops for a moment, thinking she's fallen victim to the smoke...then you hear her snoring. She's slept through all the chaos!

You scoop her up and rush out of the building to the cheers of the onlookers!
Running through a burning building is hazardous to your health!

Dustland
08-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Urbwar, no sense in making you wait until the next round to use the hose, I didn't do that with the net.

Glare: You blast the cap off the firehydrant then guide the torrent of water into the building with a hose of solid light! The flames hiss and sputter as you begin your waterborne assault, but the fire rages on.

Hazard (Fire) reduced to 3d.

Pyrebird is up!
Fighting water with fire!

Xhaosdaemon
08-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Hoping between Glare dousing the fire and his own powers to try and gather it in Pyrebird again stretches out, trying to drop the fire down to a more manageable level.

Elemental Control (Fire) to try and reduce the blaze.

Dustland
08-15-2012, 07:38 PM
This fire has a mind all its own!

Dustland
08-15-2012, 07:42 PM
The fire doesn't respond to Pyrebird's command and continues to destroy the building. How long before it spreads to neighboring structures???

Andromeda: You've found Benito Laguna, but you're still in the burning apartment building!

Will Andromeda fall victim to the raging fire?

Andromeda is next!

Dragonfly
08-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Andromeda scoops up Benito Laguna, holding him in both her arms as gingerly as she can, given the situation. Ignoring the pain in her ankle, she jumps through the window and to the ground below.

Athleticism to avoid the licking flames

Dustland
08-16-2012, 09:00 PM
The crowd cheers once again as Andromeda leaps through the shattered window with a badly burned man in her arms and lands with an effortless grace three stories down! The man is breathing shallowly and rapidly, writhing in pain from the burns that cover him from head to toe...

End of Round 3:
Glare and Dragster are at a virtual stalemate with the inferno but the battle rages on!
Dragster has bumped up his hero creditionals by clearing the rest of the building and rescuing a little old lady from certain death!
Andromeda has gotten Benito Laguna out of the burning building, but is it too late for the informant???

Round 4 begins tomorrow!

Dustland
08-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Round 4:
Dragster
Glare
Pyrebird
Fire! (3d)
Andromeda

The mood of the crowd has definitely swung in Liberty Force's favor as Dragster rescues the little old lady and Andromeda leaps from the third floor with another victim in her arms. Unfortunately the fire is still raging! You all can hear the sirens of the fire trucks in the distance, but they're still a few minutes away and the neighboring buildings are beginning to smoulder!

Dragster's up!

Simon W
08-18-2012, 03:16 AM
Not being entirely sure what he can do at this point, Dragster shouts out to the rest of the guys if they need a hand with anything.

urbwar
08-18-2012, 09:47 AM
Glare, realizing the water from the hydrant isn't enough, comes up with an idea. Over the team's communicator, he relays to the team: "Got an idea guys. I'm going to create a funnel out of light. I'm thinking if Dragster can run through the building fast enough, the flames will follow in his wake. He can through into the funnel, with Pyrebird waiting inside. As he runs past Pyre, he'll try to absorb the flames. Being inside the funnel, even if he doesn't get it all, it should hopefully be more contained. You guys in?"

(at this point, Glare is going to hold his action, so we can try and coordinate if everyone else wants to give this a go)

Simon W
08-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Dragster nods - "I got nuthin' better - I'm in"

Dustland
08-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Ok, assuming Pyrebird is in too, we'll need Dragster and Glare to roll their respective powers first. For every 6 points, Pyrebird will get +1d to his roll to snuff out the flames.

Sorry Andromeda, but I don't think waiting until your turn is advisable :)

Simon W
08-21-2012, 01:08 AM
Super Speed

Dustland
08-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Dragster zips through the burning building, drawing the flames behind him. As he darts outside, the flames licking at his heels, Glare...?

So far Dragster's action will give Pyrebird +3d to his next attempt to douse the fire!

urbwar
08-21-2012, 10:48 PM
Seeing Dragster pulling the flames behind him, Glare starts to shape his light projections, focusing it into a funnel...

(Going for a full attack! First one is the actual roll; the second one was an accident when I revised the text above)

Dustland
08-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Glare creates the funnel through which Dragster runs through, drawing the flame inside! Pyrebird, waiting at the end of the funnel....

Pyrebird gets a total of +4d to his attempt to extenguish the flames!

Xhaosdaemon
08-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Pyrebird returns to normal form, concentrating all his power on taking the onrushing flames and dispersing them harmlessly into the sky above him. He holds his arms out wide as he hovers, channeling the flames then taking them away from their fuel source.

Elemental Control 4d +1d Full Attack +4d from cooperative effort=9d

Dustland
08-22-2012, 04:52 PM
The last stand of the mighty inferno...or is it?

Dustland
08-22-2012, 05:18 PM
The flames chase Dragster out of the building and are funnelled into Glare's construct, concentrating the flames. Pyrebird raises his arms, commanding the inferno into the sky where it harmlessly burns away like a massive blowtorch belching into the air. Just as it appears Liberty Force will be able to snuff the flames and save the surrounding buildings, a loud crack and groan comes from the apartment building. A moment later it collapses, sending out a shower of brick, broken glass, and embers in all directions!

The inferno was reduced to 1d but burst back to life on its turn!

As the smoke and dust clears, you all see the neighboring buildings are ablaze, set alight my the embers of the collapsed building!

"Step aside heroes, and let us keep this town from burning to the ground," a firefighter says as he shoves past with an axe in hand and a determined look on his face. His teammates shuffle towards the fire as well, shooting Liberty Force looks of amusement or dissapointment as they pass by to battle the spreading flames.

The Chief pulls up and looks around with an expressionless face, chomping on his cigar. "Where's Laguna?" he asks gruffly, ignoring the chaos of the fire. You direct him to the EMS truck where the paramedics are tending to his wounds. "Good enough," he says as he walks back to his car. "Get him to the station so we can talk to him."

The fire is in good hands now that the fire department is on the scene. We'll have a couple of days to cover IC talking between the characters, the criminal you all caught, Laguna, and the Chief. I'll post a summary of events later!

Dustland
08-23-2012, 08:02 PM
End of Scene 1

Primary Goal: Rescue Benito Laguna, +1CD
Secondary Goals: Keep the apartment building from being destroyed, failed.
Capture the suspected bomber, +1CD

Each member of Liberty Force gets 2 Comp Dice as a reward for accomplishing (most) of their mission in Scene 1. Congrats!

Benito Laguna is delivered to the police station via the ambulance. By the time he arrives he is conscious and talking, though he won't be on his feet for days.

The suspected bomber is an out of work plumber named Phil Phillipson. He has a history of minor criminal infractions, but nothing that would suggest he would attempt a hit on an informer!

I'll give you guys until tomorrow to initiate the investigation. If you don't want to/aren't sure what to ask, I'll have one of the detectives do the interrogation and just give you guys whatever info he digs up. Hopefully we'll get to Scene 2 (of 3) early next week! Thanks for being part of my game.

Dustland
08-26-2012, 06:25 PM
Meanwhile, back at the station...

The detectives get to work, debriefing Laguna as medical personel make sure that he's stable. After the meeting he's sent under heavy guard to a military hospital a few hours away, hopefully out of reach of whoever wants him dead.

Phil Philipson immediately begins to work on a plea bargain. He's a low-level scumbag who got wrapped up in something bigger than his abilities could handle and is quick to sell out everyone he knows, even turning in his own brother for stealing cable from the local cable company.

A few hours later, Detective Dee and the Chief walk into the conference room. "You's guys wants the good newses or the bad newses," Det. Dee asks in his annoying accent that adds an "es" to the end of everything. Before you can answer he throws down the evening edition of the paper, the headline reading "Liberty Force Stands By As Historic Homes Burn!" Under the caption is a photo of you guys just as the delapidated building crashed to the ground.

"The good newses is, you's guys is a joke," he sneers as you read the headline.

"Enough detective," the Chief chides then grabs the paper and tosses it in the garbage. "You guys did what you were supposed to do, got our informant out. Getting this Phil character, not bad either." He stops to light his cigar. "We don't pay you to be firefighters too," he growls to the detective who raises his hands in mock protest but keeps his mouth shut.

"Here's what we have: Laguna was working for The Family before this war started. Figured out he was on the losing side. Decided to join up with the winning side. He said he never met the rival boss, Stripe, but he was supposed to go do a job at the docks tonight. Guard a shipment coming into the bay, then escort it to a big meet and greet somewhere else," the Chief spits out the facts in his stilted speech.

"Phil Philipson. Use to be a legit plumber, lost his job, been unemployed for the last year. Says he was desperate, talked to some guys about getting into mob business. Says they gave him Laguna's name, address, and some explosives. Told him to take him out, then come meet them at the docks tonight so they can introduce him to the big boss. Guy named Stripe too."

"In case you's guys ain't too swift, and we alls knows you ain't payed for you's brains neither," Detective Dee interjects, "we's gots to gets you's alls to the docks tonight so's we can figures outs wheres this Stripe punk's hidin'."

Feel free to ask questions, otherwise Tuesday we'll set up Scene 2 at the docks!

urbwar
08-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Glare, chafing under his armor, says to Dee "Knock off the digs. My IQ is higher than your paycheck. Yeah, we didn't handle the situation that well. At least we tried. Had you been there by yourself, you would have done nothing, and waited for the Fire Department to show up, and the damage would have been worse. I volunteer to do this, cause I don't draw a paycheck. So unless you have something actually useful to add, shut the **** up"

Turning to his team mates, Glare says "Let me know when this asshole is gone, so we can start making actual plans", then strides out of the conference room"

OOC: Just thought I'd throw a little tension in :biggrin:

Xhaosdaemon
08-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Pyrebird stares long and hard at Dee, his eyes filled with fire. Words of fire appear above his hand, each lasting long enough for Dee to read...assuming he can do so; "I'd like to see you or a firefighter channel fire up into the sky to vanish. Without us there I guarantee the damage would have been greater." Finishing his flaming (literally) dressing-down he waits to see what the others have to say, arms crossed over his chest and his eyes not leaving Dee for a minute.

Dustland
08-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Once you guys are done taking jabs at one another, things move quickly. From what you can gather a boat of some sort is coming into the harbor later tonight. Phil is able to give the police the dock that he was supposed to meet up with Stripe's men at; it's a neglected area of the harbor that is seldom used, perfect for illicit shipping activities...

Fortunately for you guys, the police have ownership of a warehouse seized during a drug raid a few years back that is directly across the street from the dock. The layout allows you all to enter through the front of the building then set up at the other end facing the docks, putting you all about 50 yards from the location. By midnight you all are in place with a small team of detectives and Port Authority personel who are on call to shut down the harbor once contact is made in case the boat tries to flee.

The Port Authority also has a two man team operating a u.a.v. high above to monitor the situation and track whatever vehicles leave the area, hopefully leading back to Stripe (and his gathered goons!) The Chief makes it clear, he wants to allow whatever is getting shipped in to be loaded up and sent on its way BEFORE Liberty Force moves in to take down the boat and its smuggler-crew.

Coffee is brewed and seats taken as everyone sits back to wait for the rendezvous....

It's midnight; Phil and Laguna both indicated they were to meet up at the docks around 1am so you all have an hour to sneak around and do your thing, get prepped, and ask questions. I'll reply to any actions/questions here, but expect for the Rendezvous scene to get fired up Friday!

Dustland
08-31-2012, 08:47 PM
Scene 2: (Sittin' on) the Dock at the Bay

Right on schedule the Port Authority personnel alert you all to an unknown fishing troller moving into the bay. They keep an eye on it via their u.a.v. and verify that it is heading to the unused area of the harbor near your hiding place. Shortly thereafter a van pulls up to the dock and a pair of burly men step out and await the boat's arrival.

Things move quickly; the boat ties off at the dock and half-a-dozen armed men appear, all carrying AK-47s and each wearing a dull orange ski mask. "Copperheads," the Chief whispers as he peers out the dingy warehouse window at the scene unfolding across the street.

"And they are...?" one of you asks.

"Not known to do business with mobsters." He chomps on his unlit cigar a moment before deciding to offer more information. "They're socialist revolutionaries of the worst sort, kicked out of the IRA and Ireland in the mid-90s. Didn't believe in diplomacy, upset that peace was on the table. From what I understand they've been supplying communist rebels throughout Africa and Southeast Asia. Never heard of them running guns for any other reason..."

Seeing your questioning looks the Chief gives a rare smile. "Wasn't always a cop," he says by way of answer.

The Copperheads outside hurridly unload a great many crates from the boat's hold, stacking them on the dock. The two burly men, not in too big of a hurry, load half of the cargo into their van before it becomes obvious that they'll have to make another trip to pick up the remaining cargo. You can't hear the conversation, but it is obvious that one of the smugglers is aggitated that they failed to show up with the ability to take all the cargo in one go. Shortly thereafter the van pulls away while the Copperheads take to pacing around the dock near the boat, waiting for the men to return.

The PA men are able to follow the van quite easily using the thermal sights of the u.a.v. The Chief tells you that the plan is, once the van makes it to its destination, presumably Stripe's hideout, Liberty Force is to take down the smuggler's boat, then hit the drop off location.

Tense moments pass as you all hope that the Copperheads don't get spooked and head out to sea while waiting for the van to come back. Ten minutes after it left, the Port Authority confirms that the van has pulled into a junkyard across town and men are unloading the crates!

"Liberty Force, you're up," the Chief says as he stands by the doors facing the docks, ready to throw them open on your signal!

Initiative gentlemen. What you can see so far is a group of Copperhead Mooks (3d) and a Copperhead Leader (3d)...enjoy!

Xhaosdaemon
08-31-2012, 09:01 PM
Pyrebird drops into concentration briefly as he stands near the doors...

Initiative roll, Reaction 3D
(Pyrebird will use his psionic spells to give himself regeneration before leaping into the fray)

Dustland
08-31-2012, 09:04 PM
Pyrebird can activate Regeneration before Round 1, just make the roll.

Xhaosdaemon
08-31-2012, 09:14 PM
Wizardry 3D to invoke Regeneration at 2D (Target number of 6)

urbwar
08-31-2012, 11:39 PM
Initiative:
Initiative Roll

Simon W
09-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Initiative Roll

Dragonfly
09-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Andromeda's Initiative

Dustland
09-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Copperhead Mooks #1 Initiative
Copperhead Mooks #2 Initiative
Copperhead Leader Initiative
O'Conner Initiative

Dustland
09-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Scene 2, Round 1!
1) Dragster
2) Glare
3) Copperhead Mooks #2 (not visible at the moment)
4) Pyrebird
5) Copperhead Leader, Copperhead Mooks #1, O'Conner (not visible at the moment)
6) Andromeda (seriously, drink some coffee before the next fight! :))

Dragster's up!

Simon W
09-03-2012, 01:06 AM
Speeding out Dragster calls back to his colleagues "I'll go for the leader".

Trying to take him down in one shot (adding a Competency Die), Dragster will hit the guy with the full force of his super speed

Dragster's Super Speed + a Comp Die

(Hmm, that could have been better)

urbwar
09-03-2012, 04:17 AM
Glare flies into the air, and fires a laser blast at armed Copperhead in view...

(going full attack on them)

Laser Blast

Dustland
09-03-2012, 10:39 AM
The door to the warehouse flies off its hinges as Dragster leads the assault! He makes a beeline to the Copperhead Leader and tries to catch him flat-footed!
Copperhead Leader dodges Dragster

Dustland
09-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Dragster slams into the masked man, flinging him across the pier and into the side of the boat! He's hurt but not out of the fight...
Copperhead Leader takes 1d damage, 2d remaining.

Glare lights up the night with a flash of brilliant light as he targets the Copperhead Mooks (#1).
Copperhead Mooks #1 dodge Glare's attack

Dustland
09-03-2012, 10:52 AM
A pair of the Copperhead Mooks drop to the ground as they succumb to the laser fire! One lets loose a burst of AK-47 fire, the sound carrying across the once quiet bay!
Copperhead Mooks #1 takes 1d damage, 2d remaining.

Acting like a well trained team, the Copperhead mooks and their leader immediately begin to bark out orders and call out targets even as they absorb the initial assault from Liberty Force. The hold in the center of the fishing boat slides open and a platform raises, revealing another team of Copperheads (Mooks #2) who have mounted on the platform a heavy machine gun!

Without hesitation they begin to unload on the heroes (spray and pray, learn to aim fellas)!

Mooks #2 3d6 (SW: Machine Gun 4d6, SA 1d) Even Glare gets attacked twice, Odd Dragster gets attacked twice...
Who gets attacked???
First burst from machine gun
Second burst from machine gun

Pyrebird's up!

Xhaosdaemon
09-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Pyrebird concentrates for a moment and rises off the ground, flying up out of the warehouse to better view the area.

Wizardry 3D to invoke Flight at 2D (Target number of 6)

Dustland
09-04-2012, 12:02 PM
We need Glare to defend twice against the machine gun attacks (2 and 3, hope you can swing it!)

Pyrebird joins Glare in the skies above the docks. Looking around you see the Copperhead Leader, the two groups of Copperhead Mooks, one armed with a heavy machine gun mounted on the boat's deck....and in the distance something bright streaking towards the scene from across the bay. The light from the object's rockets reflects off the water, making you think for a moment that it is an incoming rocket!

A moment later you can make out a human form in a powered armor suit, complete with rocket pack! One side of the suit is green, the middle white, and the other side orange, making it look like an Irish flag.

Pyrebird can still act, engaging any of the targets or the armored super if he'd like to.

Xhaosdaemon
09-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Not knowing what the armored being is planning Pyrebird is more immediately concerned with the heavy machine gun that has opened up on his companions. He concentrates for a moment and the machine gun begins to get very hot.

Elemental Control 5D (Fire) to superheat the heavy machine gun to render it inoperative

urbwar
09-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Glare takes the first hit on his armored suit, but tries to avoid the second by flying out of the way...

Armor Defense

Flying Dodge

Dustland
09-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Large caliber rounds fill the sky around Glare, but he's able to (barely) dodge the concentrated fire!

Mooks #2 feel the heat!

Dustland
09-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Using the heat from the gun, Pyrebird intensifies it to a staggering level, causing a few of the Copperhead goons to succumb to the extreme temperature around the gun!

Copperhead Mooks #2 take 1d damage, 2d remaining.

The Copperhead Leader, seeing his big gun is in danger, directs the first group of Mooks to open fire on Pyrebird, while adding his own AK-47 to the assualt!

Pyrebird is attacked twice! Can't modify Sopperhead Leader's roll, please just defend against the first two dice (should've been 2d6).
Copperhead Mooks #1
Copperhead Leader

"Die you capitalist scum!" screams the armored super in an Irish accent as she covers the distance quickly and rockets into Glare, using her suit as a battering ram. Her eyes almost seem to turn as red as her hair in her rage!
O'Conner flies into Glare

Andromeda's next! Plenty of targets.

Dustland
09-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Hmm, O'Conner's attack not posting, try this again...
O'Conner flies into Glare

Xhaosdaemon
09-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Pyrebird uses his advanced mind to calculate the trajectory of the shots from the group of Copperheads, moving just enough for them to miss him. Seeing the leader also drawing a bead on him he bursts into flame, hoping to melt the incoming burst from the leader's AK-47.

Super Brain 3D vs. shots from Mook Group #1
Elemental Form (Fire) 3D vs. Copperhead Leader

Dustland
09-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Pyrebird anticipates the intial volley, moving just enough to avoid the lethal barrage. He then bursts into living flame, causing the next burst of bullets to vaporize before it can hit his form!

Andromeda is next, finishing up Round 1!

Dragonfly
09-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Andromeda runs across the field of battle, activating her Silver Knight Sabre as she closes. Her eyes narrow when she spots the armored foe rocketing towards the docks. Without missing a step, she corrects her trajectory to intercept the Irish patriot. Bounding up several stacked metal crates to gain altitude, leaps into the air and executes a perfect somersault to increase her forward momentum. Coming out of her forward spin, she sees her target below her, a split second after slamming into Glare. As she drops past her metal-clad opponent, Andromeda morphs her weapon's blade into an energy lasso and attempts to ensnare the enraged villain by the torso. The aim is to drop to the ground and send the villain crashing into the docks below.

Attempt to ensnare Armored Super with a Silver Knight Lasso

urbwar
09-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Seeing O'Conner fly towards him, Glare creates a field of solid light around his armor, in order to cause her to bounce off him...

Create light field around armor

Dustland
09-09-2012, 08:56 AM
O'Conner slams her shoulder into Glare's armored form with a solid "thud", illiciting a grimace of pain from the hero.
Glare takes 1d damage.

O'Conner recovers from the crash just in time to see Andromeda leap into the air, tossing the Super Lasso at her. For a moment it looks as though she'll allow her armor to absorb the attack, but realizing her mistake, O'Conner dives out of the way!
O'Conner uses her quick reflexes to dodge the lasso

Dustland
09-09-2012, 09:02 AM
Andromeda is faster, entangling one of O'Conner's arms. Her face flushes red as she struggles with the offending strand...

O'Conner takes 1d damage to Composure and Reaction.

End of Round 1!

Scene 2, Round 1!
1) Dragster
2) Glare
3) Copperhead Mooks #2 (Heavy Machine Gun) [2d remaining]
4) Pyrebird
5) Copperhead Leader [2d remaining], Copperhead Mooks #1 [2d remaining], O'Conner [1d Reac/Comp dmg]
6) Andromeda

Dragster's up!

Simon W
09-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Skidding to a near halt, Dragster surveys the scene and decides the machine gun could pose a problem but also needs to finish the leader (since he said he would). Using his last comp die to get an "area affect" boost, he'll hit both the leader and machine gunners with a wave of sound energy

*(See below for roll)

Simon W
09-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Dragster's Sound Wave

Dustland
09-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Copperhead Mooks #2 resist Dragster's sonic attack
Copperhead Leader resists Dragster's sonic attack

Dustland
09-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Dragster blurs into motion, moving faster than any of his Liberty Force teammates have seen him move before. Suddenly the sound of a sonic boom rocks the smuggler's boat, blowing the remaining gun crew completely off the deck and into the dark waters of the harbor (Mooks #2 take 2d damage, 0d remaining), while the apparent leader of the group slams into the low rail but doesn't fall into the water. He is slow to get to his feet, but he's still in the fight! (Leader takes 1d damage, 1d remaining).

Sweet move!

Glare's up, and please let us know how he took his 1d of damage (ie Fort, React, or Comp)!

urbwar
09-09-2012, 07:06 PM
(Glare will take 1D off composure)

Angered by O'Conners attack, Glare's armor starts to glow, then he unleashes a powerful laser blast

Laser Blast

Dustland
09-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Can O'Conner's armor hold up against Glare's laser?

Dustland
09-10-2012, 11:34 AM
The redheaded O'Conner screams in pain as the laser burns through one the plates of her armor, searing her flesh. She nearly falls out of the sky but recovers and glares at Glare (like what I did there?), murderous rage in her eyes...

O'Conner takes 1d damage to Fortitude. Pyrebird's next!

Xhaosdaemon
09-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Recognizing her as the biggest threat to the group and seeing that the threat on the ground is being dealt with by Dragster, Pyrebird concentrates on heating up O'Conner's armor; trying to knock her out of the air with the intense heat.

Elemental Control (Fire) 5D to heat up O'Conner's armor

Dustland
09-10-2012, 09:01 PM
O'Conner, sensing Pyrebird's intentions, hits the afterburner on her suit and darts out and around Pyrebird and Glare, orbiting the two Liberty Force heroes and trying to dodge Pyrebird's attack, all the while keeping close enough to strike back at her foes when the time is right...

O'Conner flies at breakneck speed, trying to evade Pyrebird's power

Dustland
09-10-2012, 09:14 PM
For the first time you two see fear replace the burning rage in the woman's eyes as she struggles with a piece of armor that is glowing red hot. The glowing arm plate drops into the water below, hissing and bubbling from the intense heat. O'Conner's arm is an angry red, though she looks more shaken than injured...

O'Conner takes 1d Composure damage.

"You'll pay for that you freak!" she screams at Pyrebird. "Lads, concentrate fire on the burning man. We'll take 'em down one at a time."

"You heard her men, open FIRE!!!" the wounded leader yells to his remaining men as he mounts the heavy machine gun and unloads a barrage of high caliber rounds at Pyrebird. O'Conner gives a war cry as she draws a vicious, over-sized revolver and takes aim at Pyrebird as well...

Copperhead Mooks #1 fire on Pyrebird
Heavy machine gun burst #1
Heavy machine gun burst #2
O'Conner joins the fun!

Just wanted to say, I'm not picking on Pyrebird. My plan was to have these guys attack a bit more tactically than your average group of thugs, and since they're obviously getting creamed, they'll do the only thing they can do, concentrate fire and hope for the best.

Xhaosdaemon
09-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Pyrebird's eyes go wide as the whole world seems to concentrate fire on him. He uses his heightened reflexes to try and juke out of the way of the gunfire of the Copperhead grunts. Then he tries to uses his advanced intellect to avoid the first burst from the MG while trying to fly out of the path of the second MG burst. He increases the heat and fire of his form to try and blind O'Conner so she cannot target him as easily.

Reaction 3D to dodge Copperhead Mooks #1
Super Brain 3D to avoid MG burst #1
Flight 2D to avoid MG burst #2
Elemental Form (Fire) 3D to cause O'Conner to miss due to brightness

Dustland
09-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Pyrebird cries out in pain as the concentrated assault lands two hits on him. He's still in the fight though!

Copperhead Mooks #2 (2d), Copperhead Leader manning the machine gun (1d), and O'Conner (4d damage) remaining.

Andromeda's up!

Dragonfly
09-13-2012, 07:38 PM
Seeing the need to take the heat off of Pyrebird, and seeing that the flying members of Liberty Force are better positioned to handle O'Conner, Andromeda converts her energy lasso into an energy whip, and lashes out at the Copperhead leader and his machinegun mount.

Crackling Energy Whip at Copperhead Leader

Dustland
09-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Copperhead leader tries to avoid Andromeda's energy lash!

Dustland
09-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Andromeda flips her wrist and an energy lash snaps out at the Copperhead leader manning the machine gun. A flash of light is followed by a thump as the man drops to the ground unconscious, a his shirt smoking from where he was struck.

End of Round 2!

Scene 2, Round 3
1) Dragster
2) Glare
3) Pyrebird
4) Copperhead Mooks #1 [2d remaining], O'Conner [1d Reac, 1d Fort, 2d Comp dmg]
5) Andromeda

Dragster's up!

Simon W
09-17-2012, 12:55 PM
"Bout time them mooks were no longer functioning" Dragster says to whoever is listening.

A full speeeed run into them should knock them into oblivion!

Dragster's Super Speed Attack

urbwar
09-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Seeing the need to end this quickly, Glare over rides his armor's safety controls, super-charging his optic emitters. He creates a giant fly swatter of pure light, and attempts to swat O'conner out of the sky...

(going full attack, and using 1 comp die to up my roll)

Fly Swatter of light

Dustland
09-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Copperhead Mooks #2 try to avoid Dragster's attack!
O'Conner ain't no fly! (tries to soak Glare's attack with her Armor}

Dustland
09-18-2012, 04:52 PM
Dragster blazes through the remaining Copperhead thugs, sending them flying like bowling pins!
Mooks take 3d damage, so they're done.

O'Conner is caught completely by suprise by the giant villain swatter and is batted out of the sky and lands with a thump next to the pile of crates. Her eyes are rolling around in her head and blood is trickling from her nose and mouth. She looks around at the prone forms of her Copperhead mates....and begins to laugh.

"We were the easy way out for your town, don't you see? The soft sell," she cackles at you all as her head sways back and forth as the revolutionary tries to stave off unconsciousness. "But no, you vermin and your swine masters will have to be made an example of so that others will awaken to the blessed light of the revolution."

"Hands in the air, put 'em where I can see 'em," one of the cops yells as he comes running out of the warehouse to make the arrest. The other police begin pouring out of their hiding place, grabbing beaten and battered Copperhead mooks and getting them in cuffs.

"Viva la revolucion," the Irish woman says in a mock latin accent, then hits a button on her wrist.

You all hear a beeping sound coming from the stacks of weapon crates that O'Conner's leaning against. A quick search reveals a pile of explosives in one of the crates wired into a blinking device!

You all have one round to either get the heck out of dodge or try to disarm the bomb! Target number is 15...oh and you can team up on the bomb disarm attempt if you can come up with a plan, otherwise, boom!

Xhaosdaemon
10-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Pyrebird holds the detonator away from the bomb, concentrating and focusing his power to spot-heat and melt the inner workings of it. Knowing he doesn't have time to communicate in flames he waves the others away from the area.

Elemental Control (Fire) 5d to fuse the insides of the detonator

urbwar
10-07-2012, 03:26 AM
Glare, seeing Pyrebird waving the rest of the team away, Glare concentrates, encasing the bomb in a sphere of light

(Will go full attack, and spend my last comp die to boost it to 6D)

Light Sphere

Dustland
10-08-2012, 07:29 PM
The detonator hisses and pops before turning to slag as Pyrebird fuses its inner workings. Glare surrounds the cases in a sphere of light as a precaution, but the danger passes and the police move in to arrest O'Conner and secure the weapon cases.

If anyone has anything they'd like to ask or say to the arms smuggler, now's your chance!

The Chief comes over as the detectives take stock of the weapons. "Looks like Soviet era weapons," one of the cops says as he points out the hammer and sickle stencilled on each case.

"Looks like it," Chief frowns as he examines the crates, then the weapons inside. "But these are new markings, and the weapons-plastics, carbon fibers, laser sights, these are all made in the last ten years."

One of the detectives looks over the bomb. "Suppose she was exaggerating a bit; best case scenario, she could've knocked out the windows for a hundred feet or so, but destroying the town? I don't think so."

One of the Port Authority officers comes over. "Chief, we got the van. It pulled into a junkyard on the south side of town. There's a couple dozen cars parked near an office building/warehouse at the heart of the yard, and armed men are crawling all over the area. Looks like we got the meet and great with this Stripe fella going down, and the first shipment of arms just got to him. We figure we have a little time; it'll take them a good fifteen minutes to unload and get back to the docks."

"Excellent. Liberty Force, wrap things up here then get moving on that junkyard."

I'll give you guys a day or two to ask questions then I'll start Scene 3!