PDA

View Full Version : Blow Ups - Gamerstable Ep69

Jenerickat
08-07-2012, 07:59 AM
Gamers sometimes take the games they play way too seriously. Sometimes that leads to confrontations. What causes the blow ups between players, or even with players and the game-master?

We look at this all too common occurrence at the table.

Please click here (http://gamerstable.com/blow-ups-ep69/)to listen to the episode.

Malruhn
08-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Blowups are caused by only ONE thing - childish attitudes.

And this goes for ALL involved in them.

I've seen blowups caused by the death of a favorite character - I've seen them caused by rules-lawyering - and I've even seen them caused by someone touching someone's dice. The majority, however, were caused by folks that got caught cheating and being publicly called out for it.

I would love to say that I've only witnessed blowups... but I'm just a smelly human... and I will admit that, sadly, I've been involved in a couple.

Good episode, even if it is sad that you get to talk about them.

Jenerickat
08-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Thanks Malruhn!

You are absolutely correct. They are childish.

I am amazed at some of the stories I've heard about blowups. How an intelligent group of people can be so petty and base sometimes astounds me. Believe me, as stated in the episode, I am not without guilt in this either.

In many ways, this episode was opening some festering parts of our own table in an attempt to get them to heal.