PDA

View Full Version : Giving It One More Shot

Ironhead
07-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Hi there! I'm a 41 yr old long time player/GM looking to either join a current group or form a new one with some interested, mature gamers. I'd prefer to start out as a player, as it's been quite a few years since I ran a serious game. I've been looking for a group on several forums for quite awhile now with no success and it's gotten to be an irritating search. I'm interested in D&D 1st -- 3.5 Editions, Conan, The Black Company and Pathfinder, and even the old Stormbringer/ Young Kingdoms setting if anyone still plays it. My schedule is very flexible and I'm open to live or online sessions. Please drop me a PM if you have a group with openings or would be interested in forming one with me. Thanks for your time

Lazarus
07-21-2012, 07:25 AM
If you are willing to move outside the d20 and BRP fantasy realm, there is an awesome online Savage Worlds campaign in the Solomon Kane setting run by jpatterson on Sundays from 7-11PM Central. You are welcome to come and lurk to see if you like the system or the setting.

Ironhead
07-21-2012, 12:30 PM
I might be interested in that. I'm not familiar with Savage Worlds at all, but I do have a decent history with Howard's Puritan. Is the game set on the dark continent or somewhere else? I guess I should have said "not at all" familiar instead of just "not" :) I'd be coming into this a complete newbie.

Lazarus
07-22-2012, 08:08 AM
The system is extremely simple and you can pick it up just by watching one session. Our campaign started in England and then traveled to the New World. We have now returned to Europe and are currently in what is now known as Germany, but in 1611 was part of the Holy Roman Empire. We know on concluding our quest in Europe, we will travel to the Dark Continent. The game will start at 7PM tonight, so I hope you can make it.

CondorDM
07-27-2012, 06:28 AM
I run online, adnd 2ed home-brewed - http://advanceddnd2edrevamp.proboards.com
If your interested come by an check it out, i run long term campaigns.