PDA

View Full Version : Tales of the Inner Sea

Simetradon
06-03-2012, 03:37 AM
I am currently looking for a few players to fill out my roster for a game set to launch on June 20th.

There are currently no slots open.

The game will occur every Wednesday night, from 7pm to 11pm EST.

We will be using Maptools version 1.3.b87 and Skype.

The Pathfinder framework will be loaded for those players looking to utilize such. The DM will not be using such for the NPC's, but instead has a set of macros for NPC's. Macros can be provided for PC's upon request.

The current players on the roster engage in a decent amount of roleplaying, both during game, and via email during the week.

Feel free to look over the game premise, Character Creation rules, etc.

http://tales-of-the-inner-sea.blogspot.com/

Edit: number of slots open.

Angelkiss
06-03-2012, 03:47 AM
2 players available here :P if you want tell us ur gmt and add over skype :)

Simetradon
06-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Currently up to 3 players. 3 seats left.

Angelkiss, I'll get back to you.

G8keeper86
06-10-2012, 02:54 AM
FYI, for everyone interested in this game. This guy charges you real life money to play. To each his own, but just a heads up since he always happens to forget that bit in his initial posts.

Simetradon
06-10-2012, 09:39 AM
To clarify on charging money for a game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYMnAUGFuG0

I've also always held to "You get what you pay for." I've witnessed a number of games (both online and in person) fold due to DM's simply quitting due to lack of drive or attendance. I've also played in a number of games that have been of poor quality, again, due to the DM/GM/Storyteller not putting enough attention into the quality of the game they are running.

I believe that being a DM/GM/Storyteller is an art, and that one should strive to bring excellence to their craft. Hence, I spend a considerable amount of effort ensuring that the game is of a quality I can be proud of.

Numerous hours are devoted each week to each campaign I run. Not only is there a considerable amount of writing that is behind a campaign, but there's also the creation of the maps, moderating an active role playing email list between the characters, but also website updates, creation of new artwork, etc.

How much do I charge for my time? A mere $5 a week per player.

What exactly do I charge for? Allowing players to play character races and classes out of the norm, adding another seat after the table has reached capacity (players #7 and 8), and finally giving players the means to bring characters back from the dead when their characters lack the capability to do so under their own power.

I understand that some players would rather spend their cash elsewhere, and I don't fault them for their decisions. However, in the campaign I currently run, the players are quite agreeable with the decision to charge.