PDA

View Full Version : Online D&D 3.5 // Looking for a friendly DM!

Coldfire
06-02-2012, 01:25 AM
We are a friendly group of four friends who are looking to start playing D&D. We will read through the 3.5 player's handbook within the next week, so we will have a small grasp of the rules. Though since we are a new bunch of players, we would love to have a kind and helpful DM who is willing to help us learn and create our characters. Here is a short description of all of us:

----------

(Me!) Mike: I am a casual person who loves to have fun! I am available pretty much 24/7 every day of the week, so timing shouldn't be a problem with me. I am in GMT -5.

Laura: She is an Australian who is very kind and willing to learn. Even though she is in Australia, time isn't usually much of an issue for her either. She is in GMT +10, and would prefer any day besides Wednesday.

Sheri: She is a very free-spirited person who really doesn't complain about anything. She lives in GMT -7, and is available most weekdays. Any weekend playtimes will have to be prearranged since she may be busy, though it shouldn't be too troubling.

Amber: She is a very fun person to be around and is very opinionated sometimes! She is in GMT -5 as well and is available at pretty much any time.

----------

We will download any programs needed to enjoy the experience including virtual map tools, etc. We aren't sure what we need, so just tell us and we can get it! We have a Teamspeak server that we can use to talk to each other, as we already do quite regularly.

Hope to hear from a willing DM very soon!
Mike

Angelkiss
06-02-2012, 06:23 AM
Maybe i could...i am from greece currently i am a gm for 4 years now and i was looking to find another gm for me to play as characters but i think i have time to play with you too. i use skype mostly.

Coldfire
06-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Maybe i could...i am from greece currently i am a gm for 4 years now and i was looking to find another gm for me to play as characters but i think i have time to play with you too. i use skype mostly.

Well, if you're looking for a game to be a player, I wouldn't want to draw you into a game as a DM! ^^

Anyone else?

Angelkiss
06-02-2012, 10:18 AM
i wouldnt mind to do both i have time to dming you and play with another party...ur not drawing me. so wanna do this?

Frostsong
06-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Repost/edit and add the timezones into GMTs and I might consider it.

Coldfire
06-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Repost/edit and add the timezones into GMTs and I might consider it.

Done!

Frostsong
06-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Whoa, crazy timetables :p !!!! Unfortunately, that's a problem. I'm GMT +2 and i can't figure out a way to balance the schedule so that everyone can get at least a modicum of good night sleep. If you could figure something out, I might be open on Mondays and Fridays.

Coldfire
06-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Ah yeah, that would be a very crazy schedule. I don't see many ways to make it work, but thanks so much for trying! :)

Frostsong
06-02-2012, 03:02 PM
It depends if any of you are willing to wake up at 7 am for a gaming session or not. Otherwise I'm willing to play at late hours(not too late though!!).

Coldfire
06-02-2012, 03:18 PM
I would be willing to, but I'm not sure about everyone else. If it's 7 AM for me, it'll be 5 AM for Sheri. That's a tad early and she can get grumpy! :p

Frostsong
06-02-2012, 03:20 PM
According to what i've seen, Laura(from australia) would be the one who has to wake up early during the morning.

14:00 pm gmt -7 => 16:00 gmt-5 => 21:00 gmt => 7:00 am gmt +10

Disregarding daylight saving times, of course.

Coldfire
06-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Oh, then that should certainly work! I'm sure she'll wake up early if I force her to log out earlier than she usually does. :p

Frostsong
06-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Well then. Talk to everybody, and PM me your skype IDs. Don't bother reading ahead into 3.5, I'll guide you through the whole thing.

Coldfire
06-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Would you be okay with using our Teamspeak server? Sheri's microphone can get a bit noisy if it isn't on push to talk.

Frostsong
06-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Not that familiar with Teamspeak. However, I'd still like to have you on Skype to begin with.