PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Skype campaign?

Frostsong
05-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Hello,

I'm a DM on GMT+2(with a very flexible schedule, so I can DM during the night if needed) looking to see how it's like to DM a campaign on skype.

I'm thinking of running a vanilla campaign(you start in a tavern, raid some dungeons, nothing fancy, RP required though, I'm not planning on mindless hack & slashing). I want to keep it simple since this is my first time playing online as well as the first time I'm playing completely in english(not my native tongue).

The campaign setting is an average uncomplicated fantasy world with the Greyhawk deities found in the original 3.5 Player Handbook.

House Rules

-Critical Hits/Fumbles: I'll be using the PF Critical Hit/Fumble decks. Critical Fumbles work like Critical Hits, in the sense that you roll a natural 1, the you roll again and if you miss, you confirm it.

-Saving Throws:If you roll a natural 20 or a natural 1 you do not automatically save/fail you saving throw.

-Non-Magic Crafting: Instead of the progressive crafting based on silver pieces described in the manual, the crafting duration is simply 1/3 of the Craft DC. At the end of that period, the player rolls. If you fail a check by 4 or less, you make no progress. If you fail by 5 or more, you ruin the raw materials and have to pay half the original raw material cost again.

Character Creation

-You can play anything in the Core Book plus any playable race in the Bestiary 1. Orcs and half orcs are rare, as well as other related humanoids, monstrous humanoids or planar creatures. As a general rule I'm adverse to allowing anything from other manuals, but if you give me the reading material and it's not a long read, we can talk it over.

-Ability Scores: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8.

-Level 4 characters

-6000 gp, of which you can't spend more than half on any particular item

-A required background that must contain: Name, Physical Description, Childhood, Training, Past Events, Present Activities, Family, Friends, Enemies, Personality, Motivation, Goals.

Thing you should know

The most frustrating problem I've always had during my DM career is players lacking dedication. I'm sick of players not showing up for the sessions, or showing up an hour late without their background. So I'm mainly looking for dedicated players.

Other that than, I'm hoping for easy to get along with people that won't bust my balls, love to role-play and want to have some fun.

If there's a dispute about a rule, we'll pause the game, and check it. If you're right, we'll use it your way. If I'm right, we'll use it my way. However, if a situation or rule is ambiguous/left to interpretation, I reserve the right to make the final judgment and impose my own interpretation.

I don't mind metagaming, but be warned that it's likely to bite you in the ass.

I prefer a gaming environment with no alcohol/psychoactive substances ingested before or during the game.

So, any interest?

QuixoticTheKid
05-28-2012, 03:30 AM
I'm interested,i am also new to the online thing,and am also setting up a game so this would be good practice for me.
Quixoticthekid on skype.

Metalliumzero
05-28-2012, 05:59 AM
I'm looking for a new rpg group, so I might be interested in this.
Some questions though...

What rules are you going to be using exactly?
In the beginning you mention 3.5, but later you bring up Bestiary 1, which is a Pathfinder book if I'm not mistaken.

And could you give us some more info on the story or at least tell us about the campaign world you will be using? Will it be Greyhawk since you brought that up when you were talking about deities?
I try to roleplay my character as best as possible and for this I need some info on the world I'll be playing in you see.

Frostsong
05-28-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm looking for a new rpg group, so I might be interested in this.
Some questions though...

What rules are you going to be using exactly?
In the beginning you mention 3.5, but later you bring up Bestiary 1, which is a Pathfinder book if I'm not mistaken.

And could you give us some more info on the story or at least tell us about the campaign world you will be using? Will it be Greyhawk since you brought that up when you were talking about deities?
I try to roleplay my character as best as possible and for this I need some info on the world I'll be playing in you see.

As it is specified in the at the top (near the online game details and all that), the system used will be Pathfinder.

The campaign world is homebrewed, but it's an easy intro and read. It uses some greyhawk deities, specifically those found in the 3.5 PHB.

As I said, the story will be basically some adventurers looking for trouble. :p The party will classically start off in a tavern. I'm trying to keep this all simple, since I'm just begining to play online, only tried tabletop before.

The campaign has a number of written adventures, but it's malleable enough to allow characters to do a lot more, and if you throw me a good background and some nice story seeds who knows where we'll go from there. As a side note, I'm an RP nut myself.

PM me you skype ID if you're interested.

Anwesh
05-29-2012, 04:44 AM
Hi, Frostsong. I would like to play.

Kodi
05-29-2012, 11:30 AM
I like the way you describe this campaign. For me, the main limiting factor is time of day. Due to current commitments, I'm typically only able to play from 7 AM to about 5 or 6 PM (USA EDT) on just about any weekday. My Saturdays and Sundays are in flux at the moment, but they could be possible too.

In any case, I'll be keeping an eye on this topic.

Silverstar89
05-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Hello there, I am very interested in your idea, and would be very interested in joining your campaign. I am available most days of the week, and go by GMT -8 time. I am not terribly familiar with the Pathfinder system, but have access to the rules and information I would need.

Frostsong
05-31-2012, 03:08 AM
I like the way you describe this campaign. For me, the main limiting factor is time of day. Due to current commitments, I'm typically only able to play from 7 AM to about 5 or 6 PM (USA EDT) on just about any weekday. My Saturdays and Sundays are in flux at the moment, but they could be possible too.

In any case, I'll be keeping an eye on this topic.

Hello there, I am very interested in your idea, and would be very interested in joining your campaign. I am available most days of the week, and go by GMT -8 time. I am not terribly familiar with the Pathfinder system, but have access to the rules and information I would need.

At the moment I'm organising this campaign with two groups on two days of the week: tuesday, at 11 GMT and another one on sunday, but we haven't decided on an exact hour of play. If you are interested in any of these two, PM me your skype accounts, so that we might discuss the details.

Angelkiss
06-02-2012, 06:17 AM
I would looooove to play and i have two more ppl interested in.....Please? :))))

Frostsong
06-02-2012, 10:11 AM
I would looooove to play and i have two more ppl interested in.....Please? :))))

Wow, I never figured I would get this many replies. I'm thinking of starting a third group on saturday, but I'd like to see if I can handle the first two, without my brain turning into mush.

In any case, I'll keep you guys in mind.

Angelkiss
06-02-2012, 10:21 AM
yes pleaaaase i have 3 other guys too plz plz :))))

Frostsong
06-02-2012, 07:56 PM
yes pleaaaase i have 3 other guys too plz plz :))))

You nutcases :p. Hit me with some timezones(GMT format), and ask them if they're free saturday.

Angelkiss
06-03-2012, 03:15 AM
You nutcases :p. Hit me with some timezones(GMT format), and ask them if they're free saturday.
i am free saturday but not the other one...our gmt mine +3 and his -7

Frostsong
06-03-2012, 07:11 AM
i am free saturday but not the other one...our gmt mine +3 and his -7

So that's two people, what about the other four?

Frostsong
06-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Also, if you could PM me some skype ID's, it would be great, Angelkiss.

PresidentPlanet
06-11-2012, 02:57 PM
I would like to join, but I need help creating a character. I have never played D&D, but I am very excited to jump in.