PDA

View Full Version : Hampton roads superheroic game: assessing interest

yukonhorror
05-17-2012, 08:03 AM
I guess as it always is, if I want to play in a game, I have to run it... I have never GM'd a superheroic game (although done a ton of fantasy), so we'd playing things by ear, but I think I have enough for at least a one-shot to see how things work out and if we are having fun.

Because it was fairly cheap, I picked up the Marvel Heroic RPG via pdf for its included adventure and I was curious. While the system seems neat, not really my thing. However, the "event" is set up really nice and I think I could totally adapt it to my favorite system: HERO.

If you are unfamiliar with HERO, that's cool. I am familiar with it and perfectly capable to help you out. I don't even really require you to have a book. All I require is you have imagination. If you want your character to be "Chemo" who sprays dangerous radioactive chemicals to transform people into fluffy bunnies, I got you covered and will tell you what dice to roll.

The one-shot will be based on a massive breakout of a super villain prison (set in Marvel universe, but you are NOT required to have a Marvel based character). It will probably last 3 or 4 sessions.

We'll probably play every other saturday, but time is negotiable.

The one-shot will actually be more combat than RP, but if we are all having fun after the one-shot, try and shift it towards a more balanced game.

Let me know if interested.