PDA

View Full Version : Power Questions

Dragonfly
05-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Hey folks!

I'm working on a write-up that's giving me problems. Here are some rules questions. I'll pose the problem, along with the solution that I'm considering. Let me know what you think.

How do you create a character that can:
1) Interface with machines at a distance? New power: Machine Control (Complication: Only to Interface with Computers)
2) Mimic sounds? Sound Control (Complication: Only to Mimic Sounds)
3) Disguise themselves with holographic disguise? Illusion Powers (Complication: Only to Disguise Self)
4) Speak any human language? New Power: Communication (Group: Humans) [I created and posted this power in another thread.]

What do you think? Any alternate recommendations?

Also - can you guess which Marvel character I'm writing up?

Cheers,

Dragonfly

Dustland
05-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Cypher?

1) Yes, or Mind Control (Complication only vs computers) which is what I'd probably do
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) Thinking about it, I'd probably go with an Advantage for this, unless you see characters rolling the power to interpret the language.

If it is Cypher, his powers seem to cover a lot of ground (interpreting combat or structural design) so it may be necessary to create a new power for him if you want him to be as flexible as he is in the comics. (Power: Interpret Freakin' Everything) :)

Dragonfly
05-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Howdy Dustland!

Urbwar made very similar suggestions over on rpg.net.

I agree with #1, except that I think it should have a Boost: Works on Machines and a Complication: Only Works on Machines (since Mind Control doesn't usually work on machines).

I agree with #2. I originally designed Communication for more esoteric things. An advantage would work better here for certain.

Thanks for the feedback! Very helpful (as always)!

As for your guess - that's a VERY good guess! These are all, however, minor powers possessed by the Vision. :)

Cheers,

Dragonfly

Simon W
05-10-2012, 01:02 AM
I think between you, you've covered how I'd probably do it. However, I don't know this character, so it'll be interesting to see.

Dragonfly
05-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Cool! Thanks for chiming in, Simon. I like to try as close to your design philosophy as possible, so it's good to know we seem to be.

I'll finish the character and post him by tomorrow.

Best,

Dragonfly