PDA

View Full Version : Who is doing stuff for SUPERS! (and when will it se the light of day)?

Simon W
04-20-2012, 12:50 AM
I know a few of you are working on sourcebooks/supplements and so on. Let's get a picture of what's coming down the line and, more importantly when we are likely to see it. Spill the beans, guys...

urbwar
04-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Adversaries: The Triad is the name of the one I'm working on. It features a group of villains called The Triad. Their combined origin/background, full stats (on nice sheets designed by Dragonfly) with art by Kris Smith. There's 2 fleshed out adventure seeds (1 featuring some additional npc's to fight, and the other features an NPC hero), and 2 smaller seeds. Also included are paper standees that can be printed up for all the characters.

If all goes well, it will be out next month. I kind of stalled on it due to cash flow issues (had to get my desktop fixed!), so once I finish the sheets and can afford to pay the person I have doing layout, it will be sent off to Simon for approval then released via Drivethru/RPGNow

Dustland
04-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Depending on how writing and layout goes this weekend, I'm hoping to have Supers! at War vol.1 ready for your approval by the end of April. I'll be releasing it through Drivethru/RPGNow as well.

Also if anyone wants some free add space for their Supers! product and are planning on releasing their product around April/May (or it's already out), let me know. I'd like to include an add page at the end of Supers! at War to feature other Supers! products to help grow the community.

Dragonfly
04-21-2012, 05:08 AM
Hi Simon,

I'm still kicking around a project or two.

One is a short supplement introducing the Multiform power, along with some support material. The support material would include heroes and villains that use Multiform in different ways: (A Black Adam/Captain Marvel type, a lycanthrope, a Beast Boy style shapeshifter, etc.) along with short adventure seeds for each one. It would also include a short Beastiary (which would essentially be support for the Beast Boy style shapeshifter).

I have a secondary idea germinating. Right now it's basically a character book inspired by my Marvel write-ups. What the supplement would boil down to at this point is a collection of homages to classic comic book characters, but worked up in point totals that are reasonable by SUPERS! standards (20D - 30D). These are characters that are wholly original, but that riff off of the basic concepts of the published comics. Sort of what the Squadron Supreme is to the Justice League.

As I work on these homages, a universe is sort of developing as the concepts are linking-up to other projects that I had going for other games a few years ago. This could develop into a nice little series of adventures, organization books, etc., but I'm getting way ahead of myself. For starters, I'd like to put out a book of Avengers and Avengers villain homages.

It would be nice, and feasible, to get both of them released in August. I'd say sooner, but I teach school, and things are ramping up at the end here. The best time for me to work on gaming stuff is during the summer.

The only thing that may slow me down is some good news I got from the University of Mississippi Press. It looks like they are interested in publishing my doctoral dissertation (which happens to be a cultural history of the concept of the superhero in the United States). If this goes down, some revision work will be in order. So far the revisions look minimal, but I'm still waiting for reader responses on three chapters, so that could change. If the revision work proves to be substantial, that could alter my plans for SUPERS! products. At that point I would aim for a Christmas release.

My plans, however, are still to get at least one of my projects done by July or August.

Cheers!

Dragonfly

Simon W
05-15-2012, 01:11 AM
Let's have an update on these projects please guys?

And chime in anyone else doing anything for Supers!

Dragonfly
05-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Howdy Simon!

I'm still working on my stuff. Right now the "homage" book is taking precedence. I'm aiming to get it released by September. I've got about 10 pages written, and it will probably come in at 25 - 30 pages.

Best,

Dragonfly

Dustland
05-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Supers! at War vol. 1 (Mooks and Henchmen) is 80% written and formatted. I still need to put together some artwork too, but that shouldn't take long. Will probably be ~ 10-15 pages once art is in place.

I'll refrain from throwing out another firm date; real life keeps kicking in my door, but by God, I'm getting close Simon :)

urbwar
05-15-2012, 10:39 PM
The Supers! edition of Adversaries: The Triad is now looking for a June release. I still need to finish up the stats and such, then send it off for layout. Not much else to say on that front until then

Dustland
05-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Simon, is there an existing "for use with Supers!" logo floating around?

Simon W
05-18-2012, 01:15 AM
No. I guess I didn't reckon on people wanting to write stuff for it.

urbwar
05-18-2012, 07:22 AM
Dustland,

maybe you might consider making one? Seeing the rough you did for my new company logo, I think you'd do a good job of it :)

Dustland
05-18-2012, 06:03 PM
If that's ok with Simon I can. Should it say "For use with Supers!" or "For use with BBG's Supers!" or something else? Different color schemes (BASH offers three), etc...

Just let me know and I'll squeeze it into my suddenly busy illustration schedule :)

Simon W
05-19-2012, 02:20 AM
"For use with BBG's Supers!"

This would be good...

Dustland
05-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Would you guys prefer a banner logo (stretches across the entire page) or a small "medallion" style logo, formated to be 2"x2" on the cover or something like that?

urbwar
05-19-2012, 09:30 PM
I'd prefer something smaller myself.

Dustland
05-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Here's a rough idea for the "For use with..." logo. It can easily be made into different color combos and can fit in the corner of a page layout. Thoughts?

urbwar
05-21-2012, 08:40 PM
I like it

Simon W
05-22-2012, 01:16 AM
I'm not entirely smitten with it, if I'm being honest. I'm not keen on the tramlines around the outside. Also, SUPERS! should all be upper case and fill the blue circle a bit more. It would be better if it was in the same font as the book (BadaBoom BB). PM me if you don't already have it.

How about doing another option (or two) - say inside a triangle and then putting them to the vote?