PDA

View Full Version : Bi-Weekly Saturday Night D&D Game (any edition; Greater Vancouver, BC)

Keldryn
04-19-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm looking for a few new players so that I can revive my bi-weekly D&D games -- we've been on hiatus for quite a while now, due to scheduling issues. I'm down to 2 "regular" players now, with one more who is frequently out of town for work but joins in when he can make it.

I've been playing and DMing since 1987, starting with the Mentzer Basic Set and progressing through AD&D, AD&D 2e, D&D 3.x, and a bit of D&D 4e. I've played and run some other RPGs, but the bulk of it has been D&D in one form or another.

We'll be playing alternating Saturday evenings from around 5 to 10 at my house in the Fleetwood area of Surrey. Rides to and from transit shouldn't be a problem if needed.

What Style of Game?
We're all in our early- to mid- thirties, and our game sessions have a casual, laid-back atmosphere. We're not heavy optimizers or power-gamers. I like to run more of a player-driven, sandbox-style game than a linear "adventure path." I favor naturalistic adventure design over "level appropriate encounters" and "treasure parcels."

Please Be Aware That
I have a two year-old daughter, so there will be occasional interruptions and some background noise. My wife will be playing as well, but she will handle most of the interruptions, since I am DMing. No smoking or drinking, and please mind the swearing when the little one is present.

We also have a dog and two cats.

Which Version of D&D?
You may have noticed that I didn't specify which edition of D&D we're playing. Well, that depends on who I manage to recruit as new players. Our group started out with 4th Edition, but we also played a bit of Basic D&D and AD&D 1e.

I will give 4th Edition another chance if I get a couple of players who enjoy the game and know the system really well. The one player in the group who really knows the system is also the one who is out of town frequently. I'm also thinking about a 3.5 Eberron game. Yes, I'm waffling, but in the end I just want to get a semi-regular D&D game going again, and I'll go with the edition of the game that I can build a group around.

ignimbrite
04-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Hi! First off welcome and glad you posted. I would like to join the campaign but I think that my schedule is not going to cooperate until the end of the field season (end of summer). If you are still looking for players towards the end of August drop me a PM and let me know. I am most comfortable with 3.5 edition but would be willing to give 4th edition a go.