PDA

View Full Version : Sandpoint



Windstar
04-02-2012, 03:25 AM
 
Your hometown of Sandpoint is a quaint seaside settlement that periodically has problems with monsters, such as wicked goblins and hungry ghouls, but the citizens always manage to endure and survive. Lately, however, a far greater danger has come to threaten the town.
A few weeks ago, livestock started to disappear from nearby farms. Sometimes a half-eaten corpse is found, sometimes only bloodstains. The people of Sandpoint are afraid, and mayor Kendra Deverin is growing desperate. She hopes some heroes will volunteer to search out this menace and put an end to it before it kills a person. She’s offered a reward of 1,000 gold pieces to the group that stops this mysterious creature. Although no one has seen the killer directly, a long black fang was found in one of the animal corpses, prompting the locals to dub the unseen killer "Black Fang."

You have decided to go on a quest to put an end to these brutal killings. Rumor holds that Black Fang is living in an old cave not too far from town, which has been used as a den for many monsters over the years. You’ve gathered your gear and are now approaching the entrance to this dungeon, but you still have a few moments to get to know your fellow adventurers.





"At last! The dungeon is in sight up ahead! Its entrance looks more like a cave than the front door of an underground fortress. A curtain of thick, green moss hangs over the entrance, hiding what lies beyond. Standing in front of the entrance is a menacing old stone statue of a warrior. "

Mystynights
04-02-2012, 03:57 AM
I look around to see that the party consists of two others, both human a female warrior, and a male bard. Having few positive interactions with humans, I am tense and unsure how reliable a companion these humans will be. " Well, I guess it's just us three", I mutter, taking a few steps towards the dungeon entrance. I run my hands over my gear, making sure everything is in it's place. Stopping and studying the warrior statue, feeling that there's something more to it, I ask "Does this thing make you as tense as it does me? " as I stare intently at it. I'm not really expecting an answer, since past experiences have always left my questions unanswered....

lobobscurado
04-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Seeing the tension and nervousness of party I decide to sing a little tune, "foreboding statue, you fill us with dread. oh foreboding statue oh please don't make us dead!" Chuckling softly to myself I say "Relax guys! whats the worst that can happen? we all die a horrible death, it could be worse, we could all have to eat my mothers cooking!" I hum merrily as I mentally prepare myself for the upcoming adventure, holding a folded net in my hands.

Windstar
04-25-2012, 03:33 PM
The curtain of moss suddenly parts and a pair of small, green creatures with melon-shaped heads and toothy mouths charge out, swinging crude swords. These are goblins, a common pest that lives in these hills. Howling battle cries, they charge to attack!

3652

The goblins are the green "X"'s Viktoria is the Purple square, Brandin is the orange square, Lobo is the blue square and Raina is the red square, the lt blue square is the statue. The goblins appear to heading towards Viktoria and Brandin.

lobobscurado
04-25-2012, 04:17 PM
I roll initiative lobobscurado rolls some dice

Windstar
04-26-2012, 09:24 AM
DM's IntWindstar rolls some dice

Mystynights
04-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Raina's Int Mystynights rolls some dice

Windstar
04-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Viktoria's Int roll
Windstar rolls some dice

Dusterboy
04-27-2012, 03:19 PM
(how do you roll dice?)

lobobscurado
04-27-2012, 09:49 PM
type [(ROLL="1dxx+x"][/ROLL)] without the parenthesis around ROLL

Dusterboy
04-28-2012, 03:47 AM
Brandin's initiative

Dusterboy rolls some dice

Windstar
04-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Gobkin #1 attacks Viktoriaand goblin #2 attacks Brandin. Goblin #1Windstar rolls some dice goblin #2 Windstar rolls some dice#1 Dam Windstar rolls some dice #2 DamWindstar rolls some dice

Windstar
05-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Viktoria draws her sword and attacks the goblin in front of her, Windstar rolls some dice and does Windstar rolls some dice

Dusterboy
05-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Bellowing his warcry, Brandin attacks the goblin in front of him with his waraxe.

Dusterboy rolls some dice

Dusterboy rolls some dice

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Sorry, that was a complete mess. Ignore that. I thought that the thread had eaten my posts and I still have to get used to the dice roller.

lobobscurado
05-11-2012, 02:59 PM
(im not to upset, as you are the fighter, but it was my turn in initiave order) "Beware that which does not seem dangerous, and behold the luminous light of the bard" I say as i cast flare at the goblin attacking the fighter. (dc 13 fort save or be dazzled.) then I throw the net at him in attempts to entangle him. (ROLL="1d20+1"][/ROLL) (ranged touch attack)

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

lobobscurado rolls some dice

(sorry that didnt work right)

Mystynights
05-12-2012, 08:07 AM
Raina stands and watches the others warily, wondering if she should bother to help. Helping others in the past has always been an unwelcome endeavor that earned her nothing more than disgusted looks and mumbled curses. She lets out a deep sigh and decides to aid Viktoria, even though it doesn't look as if she really needs it....Mystynights rolls some diceMystynights rolls some dice

Dusterboy
05-12-2012, 10:36 AM
((Okay, let's try that again. Please bear with me))

Bellowing his war-cry, Brandin attacks the goblin in front of him with his waraxe.

Dusterboy rolls some dice

Dusterboy rolls some dice

Windstar
05-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Goblin #2 rolls a save [/ROLL] IF the save is made he will attack the the fighter again [roll=1d20+2]Windstar rolls some dice Windstar rolls some dice

Goblin #1 shrieks loudly as Raina's blow knocks it to the ground in its death throws.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Viktoria kneels and inspects the goblin at feet, ensuring its death with a quick swipe of her sword across its throat.

lobobscurado
05-23-2012, 01:55 PM
"foul beasts you shall feel the wrath of our blades on thy flesh, companions show no mercy, give me a fight to be sung about by bards everywhere!" (inspire courage+1 atk,damage)

Dusterboy
05-31-2012, 10:48 AM
Brandin goes for goblin no 2 again:

Dusterboy rolls some dice

Dusterboy rolls some dice

Windstar
05-31-2012, 12:14 PM
With a hollow death cry the other goblin falls to the ground dead.

Windstar
05-31-2012, 11:19 PM
"With both goblins down, ya'll look around the clearing and see no other imediate threats, what are you going to do now?"

Mystynights
06-01-2012, 12:05 AM
Trying to appear as if she's checking the bodies for life, Raina quickly searches through the pockets of the goblins filthy clothing, stashing the meager offerings in her pack. Still tense from being with these strangers and the goblin battle, inspection of her new acquisitions will come when she has a few moments alone. From under the hair that hangs across her face and over her eyes, she warily studies the other members of the party while they contemplate their next move.....

Dusterboy
06-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Brandin cleans and polishes the blade of his axe, secures it to his belt and then goes to inspect the statue.