PDA

View Full Version : AD&D "Goblin's Galore!"

Morashitar
03-26-2012, 09:28 AM
This is the adventure where everything is backward. Instead of playing bold adventurers who journey into monsters’ lairs to wipe them out and loot their stuff, the players take the role of the monsters, determined to stop pesky heroes from invading their homes. Instead of being “the good guys,” the players get the chance to be “the bad guys.”

This game is also unusual in that it’s not one adventure but a sequence of three, unfolding like a reverse campaign. You will not keep the same monster characters throughout; in fact, you will switch to different characters between each scenario, and sometimes in the middle of a given scenario (a monster’s life is often nasty, brutish, and short).

Story so far....

Natural geological processes formed a series of limestone caverns hundreds of thousands of years in the past. An ancient culture subsequently expanded the caverns through mining. These mines later served as home for several demihuman races, until the hill and caverns were claimed by a wizard named Blaise some 600 years ago. Blaise expanded the mines and caverns into a true dungeon complex, and he capped the hillock with the traditional wizard’s tower. Today, the tower stands in ruins, goblins (this is you) have reinhabited the upper caverns, and most outsiders assume that Blaise is long gone. This assumption is false.

Blaise, now a lich, resides in the third level of the dungeon. The wizard allows the goblins to inhabit the uppermost level of the dungeon (Goblintown), since he has no use for the level and finds the goblins a convenient cover. In fact, the current generation of goblins are not even aware of what the lower levels hold (though they suspect the tunnels exist).

As the adventure opens, the goblins have led an entirely autonomous existence. However, frequent raids into nearby human civilizations have drawn unwanted attention, and adventurers are about to begin to invading Goblintown. You have the opportunity to defend the lair and possibly take the battle to the nearest NPC (which will be played by GD) adventurer marshalling point: the village of Ardeche. If Ardeche falls, the goblins are victorious and you will become perhaps a goblin chief! The second and third part of the game is also very interesting, but we will keep that as a mystery for now.....
To start join the site and look for the thread to announce if you want to start as a goblin brute, goblin shaman, or a goblin witch. If interested email me on how to start.

daervis
04-16-2012, 01:06 AM
Though I am only familiar with 3/3.5E this sounds like a pretty rad idea for a campaign, and i am keenly interested, I see nobody else has inquired so I'm wondering if the idea lost steam and went away; hopefully not. Let me know if it's still viable.

bigdj
04-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Yea this sound pretty bad @$$. If your still planning on running it I'm interested. PM me if your still LFPs.

canon
05-07-2012, 04:51 AM
Hi.. If you are interested..

I am running a Skype/OpenRPG game Sunday mornings 9am PST that goes until at least 2pm.. It is 2e d&d.. It is a series of short adventures a lot of older modules that I have always wanted to try.. The games should all only be 3-4 sessions.. Right now we are in the middle of Tomb of Horrors (the original) and it is going great.. I need at least 1 more player maybe even two.. we are already talking about characters in the next game that should start in 2 weeks or so. Send me an email or find me on skype, here is my info along with a link to the forum my game is hosted in

Email: robert.ekorn@yahoo.com
Forum: http://s9.zetaboards.com/Mayhem_Gaming/forum/3009176/