PDA

View Full Version : Familiar - Deliver touch spells

Rastfar
03-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Real easy question here, I think. Or should I say straightforward. Obviously, in the end I'll rule how ever I see fit for my campaign, but I'd like to solicit outside opinions first.

Can a Wizard's familiar deliver priest touch spells? I don't see the core rules stating that it can't -

"If the master is 3rd level or higher, a familiar can deliver touch spells for him. If the master and the familiar are in contact at the time the master casts a touch spell, he can designate his familiar as the "toucher." The familiar can then deliver the touch spell just as the master could. As usual, if the master casts another spell before the touch is delivered, the touch spell dissipates."

But, as that is headed specifically under Sorcerer/Wizard is it assumed to preclude Divine magic?

Obviously one of my players is Wizard/Cleric, so for example: Can his familiar be designated to deliver a CLW?

Malruhn
03-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Ooooh, VERY nice question.

This is a special situation, and I would have to say, YES - the familiar CAN deliver the CLW.

Rastfar
03-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Thanks!

It hasn't come up in game yet, I'm just preparing for the eventuality....

nijineko
03-26-2012, 12:53 AM
it should work - any touch spells the master knows. there is no inherent limitation other than "touch" and "known", really. nice combo!