PDA

View Full Version : [Supers!] Astral Projection - what do more points buy you?

Duellist
03-13-2012, 01:49 PM
I have been playing with Supers! this week, further confirming my belief that John Constantine cannot be rendered in a superhero RPG without having half your points left over.

The power that got me was Astral Projection; is this just a 1D power or do you gain something from having more points in it? It seems to be the only power without actual mechanics for applying the dice you invest.

Simon W
03-13-2012, 02:38 PM
If you are astrally projected you can still be noticed with appropriate senses. The higher your dice in Astral Projection, the less noticeable you are. There are other things too - like you could use it as your defence (if your astral body is being attacked by non-physical attacks)

Duellist
03-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Ah, I forgot about using it as a defence option in combat.

I have to say I'm impressed by the system. Simple enough that you can get on with being a superhero, but with enough options that you feel like you have some real choices in character creation and that they make a difference.

Dustland
03-13-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm curious, what did your build look like for Constantine? I haven't tried to play a "normal" in Supers!, so I'm curious what he looks like.

Also I could see using Astral Projection as a means to interact with other "Astral" items/creatures, if such things exist in your game. You could have battles between Astral Forms, with only mental attacks or astral projection (representing the strength of your form) used to resolve a battle.