PDA

View Full Version : Who plays BBG's other rpgs?

Simon W
03-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Okay, BoL has its own forum. Supers is being discussed pretty thoroughly. Who plays any of BBGs other role paying games? I'm talking about Tales from The Wood, Lashings of Ginger Beer, Woodland Warriors, It's a Dog's Life, Tombs & Terrors, Go Fer Yer Gun! or Medieval Mysteries. (Or even any of the free ones, like Have-A-Go-Heroes, Babewatch or 1940-England Invaded etc).

Dustland
03-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Other than BoL, I haven't really looked at any of the other games. Not to sound like a brown noser, I can do so much with Supers! that I haven't felt the urge to look around much (other than getting roped into a Dark Heresy game that makes me pine for a grimdark Supers! powered game).

Dragonfly
03-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Hey Simon!

I GM BoL and LOVE it. I own Dogs of W*A*R and hope to GM it some day, but it would probably be a "beer and pretzel" event for us, because I don't think our group would sustain long term campaign in the genre. I don't know any of the others you mentioned above, but now that you mentioned them I'll go and do some research.

Like Dustland, though, my needs don't go much beyond fantasy and superheroes. I routinely play BoL, Supers!, Castles and Crusades, and BASH UE. I'm trying to find a good SciFi game to play, and think I've settled on Stars Without Numbers.

Back in the day I would have tried EVERYTHING you mentioned above, just to try it. These days I don't have the time or the group to range as widely as I once did.

That being said, I'm gonna check 'em out and see what they have to offer. :-)

Any suggestions on where to start?

Best,

Dragonfly

Simon W
03-14-2012, 02:04 AM
Well, if you like Castles & Crusades, then Go Fer Yer Gun!, Medieval Mysteries & Tombs & Terrors all use pretty much the same system. And the pdfs are only $1 each.

However, my own personal favourites are Woodland Warriors and It's a Dog's Life. But you probably need a special group of role players to try these out. Luckily, my own two groups are happy to try the weird & wonderful.

Have-A-Go-Heroes is a "supers" rpg loosely inspired by the Mystery Men movie. As it is free, it might be worth checking out. It's less traditional in its approach.

The free ones are here:

http://www.1km1kt.net/tag/simon-washbourne

Simon W
04-19-2012, 12:36 PM
So, it looks like not many of you then?

Oh well, there's loads of competition out there for your time. I'm lucky there's a couple of my games that people are playing, I guess.

Dragonfly
04-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Hey Simon!

I just don't have that much time to game these days. If I did, I'd be playing many more of your games, but I'm lucky if I get to play the occasional Supers! game. For what it's worth, this summer will see me do more BoL and more Supers!. I'm also aiming to run a one-shot of Dogs of W*A*R, and I'm considering the notion of combining Go Fer Yer Gun with Tombs & Terrors to do a horror/western one shot. I've not been able to read those two yet, however, so I don't know how compatible they are.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of your work.

Cheers,

Dragonfly

Dragonfly
04-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Howdy Simon!

Just letting you know - I picked up Go Fer Yer Gun this weekend. I REALLY like it! It's an odd genre for me, as I've never watched or read many westerns, much less GMed them, but I like the few westerns I have seen, and would like to give it a shot (no pun intended).

Do you have any insight on what it might be like (systemwise) to blend Go Fer Yer Gun with Tombs and Terrors? I'm not talking about character classes, but rather monsters. I like the idea of brining in zombies, skeletons, ghosts, and maybe the occasional dinosaur into a western campaign. :-)

Cheers!

Dragonfly

Simon W
05-01-2012, 01:13 AM
Tombs & Terrors should be pretty compatible with Go Fer Yer Gun! (and for that matter with Medieval Mysteries). If you go to my website, there's a free pdf add on to Go Fer Yer Gun! called Wizards & Winchesters. It brings a few fantasy classes to the game. I never finished it but it might give you some ideas. Note, where it says "B&B" in the pdf, it means GFYG! (which was originally called Blood & Bullets).

Dragonfly
05-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Sweetness! Thanks, Simon. I'll check out Wizards and Winchesters post-haste!

Best,

Dragonfly

pwales
06-29-2012, 01:54 PM
i really like kids & critters
i enjoy being a gnome (as per bb) and i really love being in a famous five adventure
just super fun
and i always have a tin of ginger beer (grog they called it in swallows& amazons- maybe some sailing rules would help)
love the atmosphere

Binder
06-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Okay, BoL has its own forum. Supers is being discussed pretty thoroughly. Who plays any of BBGs other role paying games? I'm talking about Tales from The Wood, Lashings of Ginger Beer, Woodland Warriors, It's a Dog's Life, Tombs & Terrors, Go Fer Yer Gun! or Medieval Mysteries. (Or even any of the free ones, like Have-A-Go-Heroes, Babewatch or 1940-England Invaded etc).

Lashings of Ginger Beer has a bit of a cult following amongst some of my friends. In fact Julia, one our groups GMs, has even run it a few times at (what could be called our national) convention. Lashings setting and style has a real appeal to our group, and I've always thought about banging a few mysteries together as a supplement (especially as I'm getting to the point of reading these types of books to my eldest son!)

Cheers!

Marcus

Dragonfly
06-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Hey Simon!

I haven't been posting as much because I'm busily working on finalizing The Freedom Ring, but I wanted to let you know that one of my buddies ran Go Fer Yer Gun last weekend. We had an absolute BLAST! The genre rules worked very well, and we're all looking forward to doing more.

Best,

Aldo