PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Saga Game

Inquisitor Tremayne
02-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Well, its that time again, time to find two more players.

I am currently running an online Star Wars saga game using maptools and skype. We play every other Tuesday 7 pm - 11 pm Eastern time (6-10 central time).

Story
The heroes began as part of a special ops team created by Supreme Chancellor Palpatine and the Jedi Council at the start of the Clone Wars. Since then they have grown into a significant fighting force and right before the Jedi padawan, Dol, could be knighted, order 66 came down. The clonetrooper, Tin Can, disobeyed the command and instead turned on his fellow clones. Now, with their scoundrel companion, Artus, they are trying to find a way to make a life in the newly christened Empire.

The Party
Male Miraluka Jedi Knight
Male Human (clone) Soldier
Male Human Scoundrel

Gameplay
the previous game sessions were filled with directed missions with little wiggle room for interpretation, they were serving the Republic during war time. Now the heroes are floundering trying to find their footing in the New Order. It is a mix of 50% combat and 50% roleplaying. We are all in our 30s and the majority of us have families and other obligations like school, so sometimes the game gets moved or postponed.

House rules
There are some significant house rules in effect, we often forget about them though. I try to keep the action cinematic and not bogged down with rules too much.

We are looking for people who play well with others, are open to a flexible schedule and are generally accommodating to the story ie. not looking to break the game with their uber powerful character. We also try to play in-character as much as possible, I am huge at calling people out on metagaming and nip it in the bud as much as possible.

Otherwise, we always have a fun time and it is an open friendly funny bunch of guys. We have all be playing together for about 8 years or so.

Either reply to this posting or pm me if you are interested.

Thanks
Inquisitor Tremayne

J.Leo
02-24-2012, 03:16 PM
I would be interested in joining but I've never used map tools before.

Buftonian
04-02-2012, 09:10 PM
I'd be pretty keen too, but I'll have to check out my schedule, my time zone tends to mess stuff up. I too have never used maptools but I can't imagine it being that difficult to learn. I'll check out the time and stuff and get back to you.

snapzilla
04-03-2012, 02:02 AM
I am game to play. I haven't done Star Wars campaign but will learn it fast enough. I have fast knowledge of maptools and use any voice program you want to use.

Bronz
04-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Please count me as interested also. I have used Maptools for a bit now and am also in my 30's...so i know all about rescheduling due to life.

Buftonian
04-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Well my schedule was alright for it, but I think I'll bow back and let someone else take the spot who's probably more suitable. After all I don't know how my timetable will change next semester for uni and I also came to the crucial realization that I don't have a webcam... Maybe next time. Have fun anyway. :D

Inquisitor Tremayne
04-04-2012, 05:37 AM
Thanks everyone for responding but the spots have been filled. I will be in contact with people on here in a first-come-first-serve basis if any spots open up.

Thanks!