PDA

View Full Version : Some sketch art for a planned release...

urbwar
02-13-2012, 06:34 PM
So anyone who is a regular to this forum knows I've been talking about doing some support for Supers! After a year or so of hurdles, I've finally started work on my first release, which will come out for multiple systems, Supers! being one of the first.

To whet people's appetites, I thought I'd share some early sketches for 2 of the 3 villains featured in this release:

They're Moonstone & Hoarfrost, who along with another villain called Hypersonic, make up the group known as The Triad!

Dragonfly
02-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Sweetness! Urbwar, these sketches look REALLY good! They bode well for the tone of your upcoming release. I, for one, will be standing in a virtual line to purchase it once it's released. Being a huge BASH UE fan as well, I'll have to buy two different versions of the product. Will this be a villains book? Anyway, thanks for sharing the news!

Best,

Dragonfly

urbwar
02-14-2012, 05:49 AM
Sweetness! Urbwar, these sketches look REALLY good! They bode well for the tone of your upcoming release. I, for one, will be standing in a virtual line to purchase it once it's released. Being a huge BASH UE fan as well, I'll have to buy two different versions of the product. Will this be a villains book? Anyway, thanks for sharing the news!

Best,

Dragonfly

Dragonfly,

Yes, it's a villains book. The original goal was to release something with a dozen or more villains, and do print/pdf. The artist for the sketches had some computer problems for awhile, so the art isn't all finished. So I decided to release smaller pdf only releases with some of the villains now. Once they are all completed, I'll likely do a compilation in print/pdf, and give discounts for people who order the smaller releases.

I actually wanted to contact you directly, as I wanted to discuss the possibility of using your kick ass character sheet in exchange for comp copies of whatever I release. Plus I wouldn't mind getting your feedback on stats and such. I want to try and do justice for Supers!, as I do think it gets overlooked when people are looking for good super hero games these days. Nothing against BASH or any of the other games I hope to support, but I really want to make the Supers! versions as good as I can stat wise.

If you want to discuss this further, feel free to pm me here, RPGNet, the BASH forums, or even on FB (since we're friends there as well)

And thanks for the kind words about the art. I'm excited yet nervous, seeing as this will be the first official release for my publishing imprint. It's been a long road for the past year, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

urbwar
02-16-2012, 07:32 PM
So the text is done for the G Core version, so now I'm just finishing up the Supers! stats. My layout guy asked me to get higher resolution art for the pdf, so I'm waiting for the artist to send me that. So one I get the high-res art, he can finish both versions, and I can get a copy off to Simon for approval. Dragonfly, I'll be sending you a pm over the weekend for some feedback on the stats.

So if all goes well, this should be ready in a week or two tops

Dragonfly
02-16-2012, 09:41 PM
SWEEEEET!

This is exciting!