PDA

View Full Version : The Riddle of Steel PbP test.

RakshaGC
02-12-2012, 12:35 AM
I would like to run an adventure using the The Riddle of Steel system. A problem that presents itself is the nature of combat within the game system: Starting stances and combat reactions were meant to be declared in the heat of the moment, and I fear seeing what die a player cast or hearing they declared a feint would unduly influence the responding character's action. I think this can be overcome by having players PM me their initiative die, the true nature of deceptive manuevers, and the like.

I'm relatively certain I've got at least one player "on call," so to speak, and being such a story-driven system, can easily run with a small group or even just one (though I'd like at least two, for the reasons previously mentioned).

RakshaGC
03-09-2012, 02:44 PM
K. Got the kinks worked out and I'm ready to go. Any takers?

thadrine
04-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Riddle of Steal is something I have always been interested in, but have never had the opportunity to play.
So count me in for now.

RakshaGC
05-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Well, the PbP community @penandpapergames leaves something to be desired. I got the game started at steelandsilk.com. Right now, we are running pre-gens to familiarize everyone with the system/easily write oneself into the story and there's only one left: a human mercenary wracked by guilt over sleeping with his best friend's (whose also adventuring with them) wife.

After the intro mission (which is roughly 1/3 complete), personally-crafted characters will come into play. Feel free to drop in; I think I make it pretty easy to learn and it is definitely my favorite system. Even if you don't join my game, the Riddle of Steel is something to which you should be exposed.