PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds Harnmaster/Rolemaster Demo

Gunnar Greybeard
02-11-2012, 05:34 AM
I'm posting this notice for anyone interested in a Fantasy Grounds demo using Rolemaster. While this is intended to expose those interested in Fantasy Grounds who do not have a license as chance to check it out. I am leaving the option of having this turn into a regular, weekly/bi-weekly campaign if some wish to carry on. I have an Ultimate License so there would be no requirement to purchase a licensed copy in order to participate. You would need to download the Unregistered Version and install it to connect though (details for doing this will be added to the bottom of my post).

It will be based in HARN using the Rolemaster ruleset for Fantasy Grounds BUT is homebrewed to mirror HarnMaster as much as possible.

If it turns into a regular campaign, the title will be Knights of Belsirasin and background information can be found here (http://bloodybohemianearspooninn.com/2010/06/30/knights-of-belsirasin-a-rolemaster-vttrpg-game).

More information will be posted as in "when get my notes together"). :D

NOTE: Mature players only. Also, Harn is Gritty/Low Fantasy with little magic.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

For those who may not be familiar with it, getting involved in an online RPG game using the Fantasy Grounds II Virtual Table Top program is relatively easy.

Here are the basic steps:

1) Download & install FG from:
Fantasy Grounds II Installer/Setup File (about 50MB) (http://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FantasyGroundsII-Setup.exe)

2) Watch the player quickstart video to learn the basics of the UI (ignore the portions that are specific to the D&D 4ed rules):
4E Player Quickstart (http://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/tutorial/4EPlayerQuickstart.wmv)

3) Launch FG sometime anytime before your 1st actual designated game night and hit the button "Check for updates" to get the latest fixes (Note: the un-registered version does not always update this way but as long as you download the latest version in #1 above you should have the latest).

4) On the designated game night and time, launch FG and hit "Join Game". Type whatever username you want to use and type the alias for the GM's server in the host address (this will either be an IP Address or a 4 word combination depending what the GM gives you).

5) Upon connection, everything you need to play will be automatically downloaded to your machine in a cache file. It could take a few minutes to download everything, depending on your connection speed and the ruleset involved. You will eventually be shown a list of characters to pick from. You would either use a character you have created earlier working one on one with the GM or if you have a full license FG copy you can select one you have created on your local machine and that has been approved by the GM. You can also choose a pre-generated character the GM has created for you if you just wanna play without the pregame character generation headaches.

All game chat is text based in an incorporated chat screen (see previously posted screenshot) however some GM's do play using text chat combined with a voice chat program like Skype. I prefer text only to avoid confusion since we are not really face to face and I would never figure out who the heck is speaking based on hearing their voice. Plus, FG generates a text file on the GM's machine of everything entered into the chat screen to be used for AAR's an such.

Fizzure
02-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Hi, I purchased a full Fantasy Grounds license about a week or so ago and I've been looking for a demo/game to see how it functions. Depending on when you plan to demo please sign me up!

Thank you

Gunnar Greybeard
02-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Hi, I purchased a full Fantasy Grounds license about a week or so ago and I've been looking for a demo/game to see how it functions. Depending on when you plan to demo please sign me up!Hi Fizzure,

For now I am planning a Sunday morning, 12 Feb, 9AM (GMT-6) demo. I will have the server up at that time, maybe a few minutes before, for anyone to log in and look around, ask questions, etc. If you, or anyone else running FGII are interested and is available at the above time, the FGII server Alias is firm idol daring wand.

Thanks.

Gunnar Greybeard
02-13-2012, 02:31 AM
Going to be doing another Demo. This time Wednesday, February 15th at 8PM CST [GMT-6]. Should be the same connection data however, if it changes between now and then I will post it here.

Gunnar Greybeard
02-14-2012, 08:48 AM
I know its short notice but I'm working on some stuff for a campaign this morning for a few hours and will have the server up (starting at 9AM GMT-6). If anyone wants to come in for a quick look at the Rolemaster Ruleset you are more than welcome pop in. You will need FGII installed and updated to the latest version [2.8.1] to connect.

FGII Alias is firm idol daring wand

Gunnar Greybeard
03-16-2012, 04:42 AM
I know its short notice again but I'm still working on a Rolemaster (homebrew) campaign and wanted to offer up a chance to for people to connect and check out the Rolemsater ruelset for Fantasy Grounds II on Saturday morning, 17 March, 9AM (GMT-5). I will have the server up at that time, maybe a few minutes before, for anyone to log in and look around, ask questions, etc. The FGII server Alias will be firm idol daring wand.

You will need FGII installed and updated to the latest version [2.8.1] to connect. See Post #1 for more details.