PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew 4e - NEED ADVENTURERS!

Prometheus22
02-02-2012, 06:28 PM
I am a DM for a Homebrew setting that I have created.* I will be running this in 4e.* I think playing by post helps me solidify my ideas for my weekly game.
The world is a standard D&D world setting and begins in a region called Daemar.* The main city in the region is Vandromar, it is a large city of 20000 people and is populated mostly by Humans.* Every other race can be found there.* The city is similar to the Italian Renaissance era and is ruled over by a King. *
The campaign starts with adventurers at level 1.* They have all arrived in Vandromar (or were raised there depending on your character’s backstory) and the campaign begins when they travel to a small village called Angrecca. *Angrecca is a small port village of Vandromar that was established just to receive all the port shipments from the neighboring Region, Feliwyth. *
I am looking for a group, 5 adventurers, who will roll up pretty standard characters from the 3 player’s handbooks.
Let me know if you are interested or have any questions.* All spots are available.
Tylor

Kevin Burns
02-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Sounds cool send me a message and keep me updated.

madrius
02-14-2012, 11:43 PM
Count me in!

Prometheus22
02-15-2012, 09:55 AM
Hey guys.

My name is Tylor. I got your messages. why don't we get you two started. I'll figure out where and how we are going to play. I've never done a play by post before. Why don't you roll up a character and send me their stats?

madrius
02-15-2012, 08:12 PM
ok! you only want us to use PHB1-3?

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Also, standard array or roll for stats?

Kevin Burns
02-16-2012, 04:56 AM
I have all three on pdf so it is no problem for me. As for scores i like customizing method

madrius
02-16-2012, 07:38 AM
I second the customizing. I like rolling 4d6 and dropping the lowest for each stat.

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

I'm thinking about playing Hogar-Hul the Half-Orc Runepriest.

Prometheus22
02-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Okay so I have you two and one other that will be joining us. I am in the process of getting the game in the PbP section of campaigns. Why don't we get you guys started on character creation. Use the first 3 PHB is all and use Standard arrays for ability scores. Spend your gold accordingly. You may discuss here who wants to be what class to level things out for your group?

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

Join my group: Celysion - The Looming Darkness

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Oh if you guys want to roll I don't care. Roll up the d6s if you want.

Isrealjacob
02-16-2012, 11:25 AM
I would also like to play

Prometheus22
02-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Yes Israel, I was including you as the third player. What role are you wanting to play in the group, or better yet, what class?

Isrealjacob
02-16-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm thinking of playing a Human wizard or warlock depending on what others are playing and the backstory of the campaign

madrius
02-16-2012, 12:55 PM
As I said, I'm playing a half-orc runepriest. I'll post up some stats soon.

Prometheus22
02-16-2012, 01:20 PM
The campaign will grow organically. The campaign will begin in a town called Angrecca. It is a suburb of the only human stronghold city in the world of Celyision. The city is called Vandromar. Angrecca is a port town mostly run by the shipments that come in from surrounding areas. You've all responded to the need for help from the Mayor of Angrecca. The world follows most of the D&D core assumptions, lore, and religion. The geography and locations are all original. You can create as detailed a backstory as you would like, but have somehow to end up in Angrecca. The quest will begin with an easy quest and will grow organically from there. I'm hoping the site operators will get us a Forum soon so we can get all the correct sections put up.

madrius
02-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Let's see if this works.
Here should be Hogar-Hul
http://iplay4e.appspot.com/view?xsl=fullold&key=agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhjPkdcFDA

Prometheus22
02-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Looks great.

Isrealjacob
02-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Malkamus

http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhiTitcFDA

Kevin Burns
02-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Ability scored with customizing method results posted on page 8 of handbook

Leoneiros Threadslinger
Eladrin Rogue
Backstory: Against the advice of friends and family he left the feyworld and became a pretty good tailor. However, after trade routes were blocked he had to look elsewhere for materials. He was than swindled by a merchant loosing quite a lot. After much debate he went after the merchant in order to get back what was his. He broke into the mans house in the middle of the night and in the middle of looking for his money the man awoke a struggle happened and the man was stabbed. He fled and as he tried to figure out what to do he found thievery to be easy. Picking the pockets he once sewed to be a small challenge. It was because of his nimble fingers and dexterity gained from his profession that rogue seemed to be his best option. So with his new found skills he headed to Angrecca

Stats: Assuming 1st level
HP: 24
AC: 18 (3: Fey Leather Armor, 4: Dex. bonus)
Fort: 12 Ref: 15 Will: 13
Str: 14 Dex: 16 Con: 12 Int: 14 Chr: 4 Wis: 11
Skills:
acrobatics9, arcana5, athletics3, bluff8, diplomacy3, dungeoneering1, endurance2, heal1, history5, insight6, intimidate3, nature1, perception6, religion3, stealth9, streetwise8, thievery9
Feat:
Backstabber
Powers:
Deft Strike, Sly Flourish, Dazing Strike, Blinding barrage
Equipment:
Short Sword, Dagger(4), Adventurers Kit, Sling, Thieves Tools, Fine Clothing, Fey Leather Armor

madrius
02-16-2012, 11:41 PM
Yes! Hogar-Hul is ready to PARTY UP! (his bio is posted on the notes tab of the iplay4e link if interested)

Kevin Burns
02-17-2012, 01:35 AM
Is there a map of the town available

Prometheus22
02-17-2012, 02:00 PM
These look great guys. I am working on a sketch of the town, but I haven't been using any software no. The town is about 1200 people and is wedged between to coastal bluffs so there is really only one enty to the town on the west side. I keep waiting for them to post our Campaign in the PbP section, but they haven't. Should we go to a different site to do it?

We will run the stats portion of the game similar to a table game. Some PbP DM's like to do all the rolls using your stats, but thats not the case. You track your HP, healing surges, Daily Powers, Attack rolls and damage rolls, etc. When you post attacks, include the damage as well in case you do hit so we dont have to do an additional post. If you miss, Ill disregard the damage rolls.

Shall I boot up the campaign at another site?

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Im trying to make a Campaign account on the iplay4e.appspot.com since it looks like 2 of you have accounts already. I need your gmail handles to be able to add you. And Kevin you should make an account there too. You can PM your gmail handles if you'd like instead of post them here.

madrius
02-17-2012, 02:16 PM
I am a fan of obsidianportal.com but to use the forums you have to be an ascendent member

Prometheus22
02-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Well, are any of you more familiar with iplay4e? Because I can't seem to create or find a section where we can have our Forum posts for our Campaign individually. Turns out we may be posting somewhere else.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

okay everyone. We can use iplay4e for our Character holder if you'd like. I've created a forum at proboards.com. The address for our campaign is http://Celysion.proboards.com Come jump in.

madrius
02-17-2012, 07:55 PM
I have only used iplay4e for maintaining characters. don't know about campaigns. I will join the proboards now!

Kevin Burns
02-18-2012, 07:24 AM
my google is kevin21son@gmail.com are we going to be playing at proboards or obsidian portal

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

Just in case we move to obsidian portal my username is:
Leoneiros

Prometheus22
02-18-2012, 07:07 PM
We will be playing at Proboards. We don't even really need Pen and Paper anymore as far as this campaign is concerned except for recruiting more players.

Kevin Burns
02-19-2012, 07:06 AM
Here is my iplay4e character http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhimydgFDA also AC is 18 not 15 i couldn't find Fey leather Armor in builder.

madrius
02-19-2012, 08:38 AM
do we get a magic item?

Prometheus22
02-20-2012, 12:49 AM
you do not begin with a Magic item. Our posts are only on Proboards now.

dragonguard
02-23-2012, 07:51 PM
well i am really new to this play by post but i am really interested. I will make a character if you guys are still up for new blood.