PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Fantasy RP (2nd Ed) Game Looking For Interest

Oktober
01-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Greetings,

I have been kicking around the idea of starting a Warhammer Fantasy RP game, as it has been a long time since I've broken out the rulebooks (either 1st or 2nd edition, depending on the group - I don't have the 3rd ed). If there are other players who are interested in playing, please let me know. Odds are I will be running one of the published modules (or at least almost published), so please no spoilers if you have already read/played it previously.

Given the online tools available, I'd like to try this out as an online game using Maptools (which I am slowly learning) and Skype. Game times would be Mon, Tues, Wed, or Thur starting around 8pm EST running until whenever.

I looking for other laid back gamers who are more interested in playing out the story, are easy to get along with, and can roll with the occasional hiccup that will inevitably come our way. Some players may be a bit rusty with the system (and the online tools), including myself, so players should have a penchant for patients and helping other gamers out.

We'll be starting entry level characters/careers, which players will be able to roll up before the first game, although I will ask to see the character sheets prior to start.

Please either post here or shoot me a PM if you are interested in getting more details and/or getting onboard. If this is not enough interest, we'll pass on the game for something else, but I figured it was worth putting the option out there.

Best Regards,

-Okt

Auliver
01-25-2012, 03:27 PM
I am very much so interested. Warhammer is loads of fun. I'll likely play a Knight; if we aren't randomly choosing Careers.
Keep in touch.

Oktober
01-26-2012, 09:05 AM
I am very much so interested. Warhammer is loads of fun. I'll likely play a Knight; if we aren't randomly choosing Careers.
Keep in touch.

Auliver,

I will let you know if we get enough interest to start a game. I have not decided exactly how the initial careers will be selected (whether rolling, or letting players choose), but all characters will start with a basic career type. Therefore, if you wanted to be a knight (i.e. an advanced career), you would need to start in the basic career that could advance into a knight.

I'll be in touch.

-Okt

crustbucket
01-26-2012, 10:21 PM
i'm very interested but am limited to tues or thurs and cant get on till about 8:30-9pm EST. if you can work around that, count me in.

Oktober
01-27-2012, 10:37 AM
i'm very interested but am limited to tues or thurs and cant get on till about 8:30-9pm EST. if you can work around that, count me in.

Crust - thanks for the note. I will be in touch if I can get enough interest from players.

-Okt

Auliver
02-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Any clues as to the starting situation?

Oktober
02-04-2012, 12:05 PM
It does not look like it is going to happen - not enough interest or momentum to get the game on its feet.

I'll circle back in a month or so to reassess.

-Okt

Auliver
02-05-2012, 01:06 AM
It's so hard to get a game going that isn't D&D.

Oktober
02-06-2012, 10:32 AM
It's so hard to get a game going that isn't D&D.
Too true!

-Okt

Auliver
02-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Shame, really, as I'm not a fan of Dungeon-punk.
I might, might have plans of some sort or another for an online game. Likely using Warhammer 2e or FATE (Dresden Files). Let me know via PM if you might be interested.