PDA

View Full Version : Revenge of the Giants

Jard
01-20-2012, 08:09 PM
The City of Argent is the last bastion of defense against the incursions of three tribes of giants from the Elemental Chaos. Obanar, the wise sage and last scion of the city of Argent, sent out a call to heroes from across the land to help rebuild the city and stave off the incursion. The call was answered, and veteran adventuring parties from across the land have arrived, combining into a singular league of heroism from which they plan missions to thwart the oncoming invasion.

You: Someone who enjoys 4th edition D&D, a light-hearted campaign, and high-level play. Also available at least some weekends (saturday or sunday) from 12pm to 6pm. You don't have to make every session but you DO have to communicate your schedule in a timely fashion.

Me: My name is Jarrod, I've been DMing this game for the past 2 years. I'm eager to see the campaign all the way to 30 if possible, but for right now my goal is the completion of the adventure (approximately level 18).

The game: 4th edition D&D, level 13 (flavor listed above). Using the "league of heroes" format means that the group can be bigger than the current weeks attendees, who will break off into their own group for the duration of the session. Role-playing is light, but not non-existant. The tone at the table is generally humorous on the player side, I tend to play the world and NPCs straight.

If you're interested in this game, I'd like to meet in person first to discuss the table atmosphere first, and make sure this is something you'd be interested in sticking with. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Otakar
01-22-2012, 06:40 AM
Sounds fun. Wish I was in the area. I've never met anyone who spelled their name the same as I do, "Jarrod". My mom tells me she got it from "Big Valley", the old western series.
If you can get one of your players to be a scribe and blog the game I'd like to follow it.
Good luck,
Jarrod (a.k.a. Otakar)

Jard
01-23-2012, 09:31 AM
haha, that's hilarious, that is literally the same reasoning my mother used.