PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Society Scenarios

Macgreine
01-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Good day and well met,

I am writing to see if any players would be interested in playing through some of the Pathfinder Society Scenarios. We would start with the Intros and progress from there. This would be ideal for anyone new to gaming as I am new to DM'ing and we could all learn D20 pro and the Pathfinder rule set together. I would like to get together with other mature, dependable players to make this an ongoing thing possibly leading to a campaign or adventure path. I am personally most interested in role play as opposed to carving our way through encounters and would appreciate like minded players, although I am sure there will be plenty of monster kills and loot.

I would like to have a game where rp is played out in chat with ooc and table talk in ventrilo using the D20 pro vtt. We may also use Obsidian Portal for additional game tools.

This would take place weekly on Sunday afternoons/evenings and would require a 4 -4.5 hour commitment per session. Game times are somewhat flexible. I live in the US central time zone. If this seems like something you would like to be involved in and can make a regular commitment reply here or contact me at macgreine13@gmail.com.

For more info on The Pathfinder Society Guidelines visit http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety

Thanks and fair winds to you, Mac

munchkin_gamer35
01-17-2012, 06:40 AM
I would be interested in PFS or adventure paths but I have played First Steps already fyi. Availability for me would be until 8pm EST for Sundays

Macgreine
01-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Sounds good maybe we could do one of the adventure paths instead. I thought the PFS stuff might be a good way to my feet wet DMing but there may not be a lot of interest in it. let me look over the adventure paths and see what I can come up with.

Marthian
01-27-2012, 08:36 PM
I am interested in joining. I don't have money to spend on software however, sorry.

Macgreine
01-27-2012, 09:16 PM
I have a few floating licenses so no purchase necessary. That makes two so far. Four players would be great and we could start next Sun Feb 5.

sarevok
01-28-2012, 10:22 AM
I may be interested in this. I assume these are private games, and we won't be receiving actual chronicle sheets that need to be logged on the paizo site? Or are you a registered DM?

I own a ventrilo server that could be used as well.

Macgreine
01-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Hi and thanks for the interest. I would be more than happy to register and report the games if everyone would like. I will leave it up to the players. Thanks for offering up your vent, that's awesome.

BastardKing
01-28-2012, 07:29 PM
I am interested too, but my availability doesn't start until around 6-7 EST, which conflicts with an earlier person.

Macgreine
01-28-2012, 10:10 PM
Hey BK
Thanks for the interest unfortunately we are going to go with a 3pm EST start time. Anyone else who is interested please get me a character sheet as soon as possible so I can get it set up into d20 pro. Use the PFS guidelines for creating your characters. We will be starting at level 1. I have set up a page on Obsidian portal where you can create a character sheet here (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/sunday-afternoon-pfs). More info will be available there shortly.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

We have a Monk now. Anyone else?

Macgreine
01-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Our first game is scheduled for Sunday Feb 5 at 3pm EST contact me to join or for more info. I will be registering the game and reporting it for PFS players.

sarevok
01-30-2012, 06:26 AM
Just to clarify:

Do you want us to create a level 1 for this? If not, I have a 3 as well.

Also, what scenario would we be starting with? I've kinda hopped/skipped around so...if we started with the earliest season 0 mods and just kinda worked forward that might work best.

ALSO, another tidbit, I have almost every scenario downloaded. I can share whatever we need on dropbox if you would like to sign up, I can send you an invitation and it will earn me extra space in my dropbox :)

Marthian
01-30-2012, 07:11 AM
yea, I'd like to know which scenario it is we would be running. In addition, I have Hero Lab, and I did see something about a d20pro output there, is it alright if I do that?

Macgreine
01-30-2012, 09:38 AM
The first scenario will be the Frostfur Captives. it looks like a fun time and has some great opportunity for Rp. It would be good if everyone was level 1.Hero lab sheets would be best using the d20 output but anything will be fine. Let me know if you need any help with your character. Please sign up on our page at obsidian portal too. I will be using it to provide information and track progress you can access it here (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/sunday-afternoon-pfs)

Xiriktu
01-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have a whole lot of experience with table top gaming in specific, but I am more than willing to learn as necessary. I have participated in other online chat-based RPGs. With that said, I can acquire whatever programs or literature may be required, since I likely have none of what may be needed at this time. I am available any time on Sunday, assuming that you are still holding sessions on that specific day. My time zone is (GMT-07:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada). Let me know if I may be able to join your game(s), and if there is any way I may be able to assist or prove useful in whatever may be necessary. Beyond being an open-minded and fun-loving player, of course. If you still have room for me then I will immediately complete the character creation as requested, as well as whatever else may be needed. Thanks!

Macgreine
01-31-2012, 02:36 PM
We have two confirmed players now. Hope to get two more.

sarevok
01-31-2012, 06:54 PM
I can do this, so count me in.

Macgreine
01-31-2012, 07:19 PM
Done.

Gruntskokk
02-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Hello. I may be interested in joining you folks. I enjoy the RP/Story parts of the games a great deal. I have D20pro, and D&D 3.5/4 experience both as a player and a DM. I just got some of the Pathfinder books - very 3.5ish (I'm glad! I like that version much better than 4).

Anyway, if you are still filling out your roster, let me know. I'd be interested. Thank you!

Macgreine
02-01-2012, 11:16 PM
I sent you a PM Grunstokk. You are welcome to join us. We are full now. Thanks everyone.

Gruntskokk
02-02-2012, 08:55 AM
I downloaded the character creation file, I have the core rules as well. I won't lie to you and say I have read every piece of information available, thus my question which is potentially ignorant, thus I apologize in advance.

In what format do I get my toon to you? I didn't see a tool leap out at me for it. I think that is the only hurdle.

D20 I should be good with, though I have only been the host to games, connecting can't be that difficult. Making the character isn't going to be too difficult either.

To answer your question in the note you sent, I will play what we don't have likely. I normally like utility type rogues - skills can be a blast, though casters, meat shields, healers. It's all enjoyable I think. Do you have a suggestion?

Sorry I am a n00b. Thanks!

Macgreine
02-02-2012, 10:23 AM
If you have hero lab that would be great but not necessary. Fill out one of the character sheets on our site at Obsidian Portal. You can also come to our pre-game meeting Sat night 7 cst. if you need any info or help. The info for the vent and the game address is on Obsidian portal.

Gruntskokk
02-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Ooo I was plannign on bying Hero Lab anyway. I will see if I can't get that done. And I will be at the meeting too.

Funkmaster Rick
02-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Very interested. Is it still happening?