PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Opponets

GarretJax
01-15-2012, 01:26 PM
I have questions regarding combat situations when a PC is faced with multiple opponents. Whether it is a Two Weapon style or a One Weapon with more than one attack can the PC split his/her attack between two opponents that are in his/her threatened sqaures?

nijineko
01-17-2012, 12:42 AM
yes, you can.

though a minor point of correction (even though i understood your meaning). a threat range is the range on the die roll that might result in a critical. reach or threatened square(s) are the terms for your question.

GarretJax
01-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the reply Nij. So, if I have a 6th lvl Ranger using Two Weapon fighting style and I split my primary hand to one opponent and my secondary to a another opponent, what are the negative accured in doing that? -2 to each hand because of spliting the attacks??

nijineko
01-19-2012, 01:23 AM
not exactly. you gain a -2 for using two weapon fighting, period. where you put your attacks incur no further or additional or separate penalty. you could use your attacks on one opponent, or two, or three it makes no difference as far as the penalty is concerned.

do keep in mind though that the two weapon fighting penalty stacks with the iterative penalty. as a sixth level ranger, you should have a base attack bonus of plus six. this grants you two attacks per round, one at plus six, the second at plus one. if you use two weapon fighting, you gain an off-hand attack at your highest attack modifier, but take an additional minus two on all attacks. thus in your case, your final attack modifiers for a full attack with two weapon fighting would be plus four, plus four, minus one.