PDA

View Full Version : Just to be clear, people DO respond to each other's posts and campaign advertisements, right?

LokiwolfDM
01-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Because so far only one person has responded to any of my posts... considering I'm pretty new to this forum, I was hoping that this wasn't a trend that I could expect for the duration of my stay...

Bumped one of my topics because it was a campaign advertisement that no one but a single dm responded to, and if he can ever get his campaign going I'm in it already.
At least the chat gets responses...

cplmac
01-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Best advice that I can give is to be patient and give it some time. When I posted my Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth 2E campaign, 8 months went by before I got any replys from people. Then, it was still about another month or so before we actually had the first group meeting. The campaign took about a year and a half to run, with us meeting about twice a month. Also, if there are some members in your area and they have been on the site within the past couple of weeks, you could send them a PM about your game. Just be sure to allow a couple of weeks before sending another PM to folks.

Malruhn
01-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Looking at your general info on your post above, you don't list a location. Looking at your profile, you are not available to play at any hour of the day, any day of the week... so that means we have NO clue as to when you as the DM want to play. Third, you offer no details about your campaign or campaign world.

You are asking people to commit to something that you don't describe...

LokiwolfDM
01-09-2012, 09:09 PM
I was just kind of hoping people would ask questions, Mal. As I have mentioned in the other posts, I'm new to this... Also, location in this case is completely irrelevant, since it's online(which I mention, with chatango being a potential medium)

I wasn't asking for commitment, just a reply of any sort would have been good enough... I'm not ready to start yet, since again as I've mentioned, I'm new to this.

Replies of any sort would be at the very least helpful in letting me know what I'm missing.

As for details, thats one of the things I was hoping a veteran dm would be able to give me pointers on. As yet, I've been figuring this out by myself; I made the choice to dm because I can't actually find a game that I can join into (I know nothing about 4.0 and what I have heard about it makes me inclined to think that's probably for the best).