PDA

View Full Version : The Isles

Tony Misfeldt
01-07-2012, 10:57 PM
My roleplaying group has been playing Pathfinder since last spring, in a home brew campaign setting called "The Isles". Our GM and some of our other players have moved away, thus creating a bit of a gap which needs to be filled in order for us to keep playing. One of our players, Cole, who has been playing in the GM's homebrew setting the longest (they were originally playing D&D 3.5, but only recently switched to the Pathfinder system) has agreed to take over as GM. One of our remaining players is taking a couple months off from gaming for school, leaving just two players and a GM.

We need at least one or two more players. So far we have a 6th level human female rogue, a human female 1st level rogue/5th level sorcerer (of infernal bloodlines), and the GM has a 6th level female hobgoblin druid NPC from when he was a player. We need a warrior and a healer. A paladin would be good. A cleric would be better. A fighter AND a cleric would be awesome! Or maybe a paladin and a cleric? Whatever. Your choice, but those are what we need the most (I know that a druid in the party SHOULD be the party healer, but our druid is kinda like Martin The Druid in the web series Standard Action, in that she will only use her healing spells on animals and the PCs can just fend for themselves).

Here's a little about The Isles you should know:

1) The elves have all left The Isles, hundreds of yeards ago, and therefore elves and half elves are not available as PC races.

2) The halfling race was hunted into extinction by followers of The Isles' God Of War. Therefore they aren't available as a PC race.

3) Horses never evolved in this world, so finding mounts to ride (especially for humans & man sized humanoids) is, at the very least, challenging.

4) Humans are not able to interbreed with other humanoid and demihuman races. Therefore half-orcs, half-ogres, and other half human hybrids are not available as PC races.

5) Because of the above racial restrictions, hobgoblins ARE allowed as a PC race. Other humanoid races (orcs, ogres, goblins, etc) MIGHT be allowed as a PC race WITH THE GM's PERMISSION.

There may be other campaign differences, but those are the most obvious.

Please contact me through my PM, or post here if you're interested in joining this campaign. I hope to get this game back on track before the first of February.

Cavall
01-11-2012, 02:24 AM
I'd like to give the Witch a try, so I'll step in for healer.

Tony Misfeldt
01-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Hey Cavall,

Sounds great. PM me ASAP and we can figure out the particulars.