PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Edition Campaign / Possibly FR

magis123
01-06-2012, 11:10 PM
I am looking to either start a game myself and DM or join a game in the Las Vegas area.

The only people I have come across thus far are interested in playing 4th Edition which I still do not believe exists. It is all a bad nightmare to me.

Anyone interested in a campaign possibly?

-Magis123

darkd
01-07-2012, 11:40 AM
I would be interested in participating.

I prefer the FR 3.5 version.

Thanks

Unobtanium
01-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Haha, I keep hearing that about 4e. Is it really THAT bad?

magis123
01-07-2012, 02:43 PM
darkd:
Great so I might have one player at this point. Let's see if anyone else decides to join in as well and maybe we can all meet for a coffee somewhere to discuss the details :) I love DM'ing a mixture of FR with PS tossed in as well. Mixture of role play and combat. My old party's motto was "Let's just kill them and take their stuff"

Unobtanium:
Yes I do believe 4th Ed. is that bad. It is Dungeons and Dragons meets World of Warcraft and they have dumbed it down so badly that it does not even resemble what D&D was meant to be in the past. I hate it with a passion :)

g00b3r
02-05-2012, 06:56 PM
hey guys, im new to vegas but trying to find a new crew for D&D. Since 4th Ed came up, the point of 4th was to aim it towards people who were curious about it but was easy to grasp the concept...possibly work their way backwards if they people got into it or not. as far as someone who has played d&d up to 3.5... yeah, its bad, haha. anyways, im down to game! as far as edition idc as long as its not 4th. ive played for years but im by no means a pro or know-it-all. i only ever played standard or pathfinder but nothing other then that. alot of my dm friends usually made their own stories up depending on our backstories. i have a place we can game at but i would like to meet everyone before letting them into my home. im from the southwest part of vegas and not sure how the commute would be for some people. unfortunately i have no car right now so getting anywhere is a pain :( shoot me an email to let me know if there is any progress on getting a group together. lmflores18@gmail.com

magis123
02-05-2012, 09:49 PM
g00b3r:

Thanks for responding, I will have to shoot you an e-mail and maybe we'll meet up this week and see what is up ... at least to feel some things out. Where did you relocate from?

g00b3r
02-06-2012, 03:22 AM
relocated from Anaheim, Ca :) just send me an email about what u might be interested in running and how many people. we might be able to use my place but i gotta meet everyone first and run it by the gf :P but yeah, meeting up sounds good. how many people do u have so far?

Unobtanium
02-06-2012, 03:44 PM
If commute is a problem, why don't we do it online?

magis123
02-07-2012, 02:58 AM
g00b3r:
I think at least two people, I am guessing. And location is negotiable, we can play at my apartment as well, I am located near the strip close to UNLV. We have to see about meeting up, let me check my schedule over the next couple days.

Unobtanium:
I was looking for doing an actual IRL campaign, I have the ability to join my old group from the East Coast if I wanted to do online playing, nothing beats being able to actually chuck a d20 at the DM :) Carpe DM!

ironvyper
02-07-2012, 09:55 AM
I'd be interested in joining a new group. Its been a few years since I played because I moved to a tiny town and playing online didnt really appeal to me. But back in vegas now and definitely interested in getting started again.

magis123
02-07-2012, 08:03 PM
ironvyper:
I'd welcome you back into the fold of the geeks ... errr ... D&D'ers :)

ironvyper
02-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Are there still openings?

g00b3r
02-08-2012, 02:32 AM
well, in surprised we are getting quite a bit of responses. I was wondering if we could move this to an email so we can communicate easier. having to come back to the site and remember my user name and password is a pain >.> anyways, so far we seem to have at least 3 of us down to game. meeting up would be cool but it might have to be something past 8 or on my day off. don't know what all your schedules look like so we can bang out the details as we go about hanging. also,I don't have a car right now so getting around is a bit of a pain, that's why I am willing to use my apartment for the d&d hangout. anyways, if everyone could post their email, I can start the convo up there or maybe the op can continue it. I just feel it's easier since I can reply from home or my phone without having to log in to post a few lines. haha.

ironvyper
02-08-2012, 08:54 AM
LOL I'm ironvyper@gmail.com

magis123
02-08-2012, 03:33 PM
If everyone wants this moved to e-mail I will do so, I'll start a group email and shoot it out in a few moments.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

I just thought I would send out the group e-mail to move this maybe to the next level. Remember that if you reply to this e-mail, REPLY TO ALL so that everyone gets the e-mail.

If I was to DM, pretty much the sky is the limit as far as character customizations / race / etc. goes, I am very flexible as a DM and am very good at working in odd requests. Just remember the ECL effects :). I could do a mix of Forgotten Realms / Planescape OR I do have a custom world that we can play in as well. I usually create a 50/50 roleplaying with hack and slash fighting. Usually a quick build up from 1st level to around 4th and then things start to even out a bit more. I tend to use miniatures in combat to give people clear views of battles. I have quite a few in my huge coffee can of miniatures.

I have been DM'ing since around 1988, so I have quite a bit of experience. I hail from central Pennsylvania where snow and ice reign over this time of the year. I live in central Las Vegas like I said, near UNLV. Right close to Flamingo and Maryland. I have a nice sized pub table in my apartment with plenty of living room floor space. The only thing I did not bring from PA is my miniatures board so I will have to make another. I do have a small feline who likes to be friendly during D&D sessions but mostly just sits in the background and laughs maniacally as PC's die ... errrrrr ... game.

Next major move would be maybe a get together at a coffee house or diner to meet up and see if there is still interest. There are plenty of things around me if you are interested such as IHOP, Starbucks, Denny's, and Blueberry Hill Diner. I cross posted this to the actual thread as well.