PDA

View Full Version : Rifts Dimensional Outbreak - Be a Hero, Save the Multiverse!

airwalkrr
01-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Want to travel the Multiverse? Battle demons? Save Earth from almost certain destruction? I am looking for a few good heroes to do just that.

The setting is Earth, Post-Apocalypse. The Great Cataclysm shattered the world hundreds of years ago taking mankind back to the Stone Age and bringing with it all kinds of terrible monsters and magic that issued forth from tears in the dimensional fabric, known as Rifts. Now, the world is plagued by all kinds of horrors and curiosities such as demons, faeries, and supernatural entities. In a small pocket of North America, civilization survives by the skin of its teeth, but only under the oppressive and human-supremacist regime of the Coalition States, a nation ruled by a wicked emperor with grandiose plans of conquest. A few other small kingdoms eke out a living within this dangerous new world, including communities of non-humans from other dimensions, collectively known as "D-Bees." But things are about to get a lot worse.

During the post-apocalypse Dark Ages there were several demon plagues that filled the land with horrific invasions of demonkind. Now the hordes of Hades threaten to engulf the Earth once more in what is sure to be a terrible and costly war. Old enmities will have to be cast aside and new weapons must be forged if the people of Earth are to survive. And of course, it would help if a band of heroes came together to help them along.

That's where YOU come in. Rifts is a gaming system like no other. It offers the possibilities to play characters fashioned from almost any genre of storytelling and roleplaying. Science fiction, super heroes, swords and sorcery, horror, swashbuckling action, space-opera, Rifts has it all, nicely blended into a world with real depth which is ripe for exploration. And if the world of Rifts Earth does not have what you are looking for, there are countless other dimensions to travel to, easily accessible through the many rifts that open throughout the world.

This campaign will run every other week on Saturday afternoons and is beginning on January 28th. I have three confirmed players and some prospects, but I would like to bring the group size up to at least four, preferably six to ensure a diverse party of heroes. Rifts is not a very difficult game to learn and first-timers are welcome. Please post here or send me a PM if you are interested.