PDA

View Full Version : New SUPERS! boost...

ReaperWolf
01-04-2012, 01:49 PM
I've got a toxic/caustic landfill themed villain and I came up with a new boost for attacks that have lingering effects that cause damage after the first attack.

LINGERING
The attack delivers damage which persists for one or more rounds following the successful attack. Each 1D devoted to this boost automatically delivers another attack equal to 1/2 of the rolled attack (rounded down) from the previous round. So if a fire using villain with the Lingering boost applied to the Fire Control power rolls a 28 vs. a defender with a 7 defense, the defender takes 4D damage. The next round, the defender rolls a defense as if the attacker had attacked him again as if he/she had rolled a 14.

The 1D equals one additional round so if you purchased 3D Lingering you'd have 3 rounds of 1/2 damage automatically dealt to the defender.

I'm also working on a Defensive boost allowing a defender to do a counterattack with a defensive power like armor to simulate characters such as the Shredder from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. If the defender rolls higher than the attacker, the difference is applied back to the attacker as damage. Anybody have a suggestion for what I could call this boost?

>>ReaperWolf

Simon W
01-05-2012, 02:09 AM
"Lingering" looks good and doesn't seem too out-of-line with Boosts in the rulebook, power or balance-wise. Good stuff.

I like this, but maybe it's too long:

"This is gonna hurt you more than it hurts me"

I'll think on it some more.