PDA

View Full Version : Another Tomorrow

KayeoticNeutral
12-28-2011, 12:29 PM
(Unsure what day it would be-- it definitely wouldn't be Wednesday or Thursday evenings and likely not Tuesday evenings either though that hangs in the balance. If it were Saturdays it'd be every other Saturday more than likely.)

The world, the story, the characters... everything is of my own design and furthermore, will be affected by choices of the players.

The way I have crafted everything, I have towns with taverns and shops with npcs that work within them, farmers in small towns... everyone has different personalities and needs... no one knows what will happen when because events will unfold as characters decide where to go at what time. I have storylines planned out but when they happen, how they happen or even IF they happen depends upon the characters.

At any given time, there may be multiple routes to take and it is up to you to decide what is most important or even what best suits you, but it will affect the world itself. If you're on the way to take care of a den of thieves that have been stealing from a town, hear about treasure in a cave and turn tail to the cave instead-- the thieving problems persist in the town and as a result npcs may not be as eager to turn to your party with their problems in the future. (Just a general example)

There will not be more than 3 things on your plate at a time and never more than two serious issues at once-- the goal isn't to overload the players and have things spin out of control, it's to allow players to have an influence on the story and the world it takes place in. It also keeps players from being "rail-roaded", in other words-- the story isn't just mine, it's yours-- if you want to go somewhere, there is no undeniable force compelling you to go the opposite direction and there won't suddenly be a landslide barring you from taking the mountain pass.

As a side-note... a group of 4-5 seems about right to me for an rpg as a general rule, but I'd gladly run if we could just get 3 solid players. I am also more than happy to help someone who knows nothing or very little about 3.5-- whether you would like help via email, phone, skype or even a meetup or two in person I am most certainly willing to help and in fact, would love to do so. Once I have a couple of people, we can also find a day that works well for everyone.

If interested-- post here, private message me or you can email kayeos@rocketmail.com (kayeos@rocketmail.com) or skype me: (sn) neutralkayeos (name) Kaye Chess

KayeoticNeutral
12-29-2011, 11:24 AM
**Update 1** So far, I have one person interested-- once I get a couple more we can talk game times =)

katrider
12-29-2011, 11:52 PM
i would be interested.

KayeoticNeutral
12-30-2011, 09:25 AM
Good deal =) What does your schedule look like? Any evenings that work better than others?