PDA

View Full Version : Looking for GM & Players for 'horde' style DnD 4e encounters!!

doerrtea
12-26-2011, 04:56 PM
So a friend and I love DnD and love making characters. How ever we've had trouble of late finding a game that can get beyond the character making process. During the tiresome searching, joining, creating and failing pattern of things it occured to me that what I really wanted was just a DnD fun packed night once a week.

It came to light that 'horde' mode games are excellent fun. So I was wondering if there might be a GM out there that could help get something set up, perhaps even a few players capable of GMing and we can cycle so everyone has fun.

Basically to sum up, looking for players and GMs to host weekly games of super action packed intense 'play till you die' type DnD game play. Perhaps a 'gladiatorial' style world or something...

Roleplaying should still be a part of the fun, difficult combat objectives requiring skill checks and such.

I dont know, I rambled a lot but hopefully some of you will get what i'm getting at.

ultra_dude
01-19-2012, 01:26 AM
that does sound fun... maybe like an ongoing blood sport with groups of slaves, criminals and those caught in the wrong place at the wrong time getting through obstacle courses filled with traps and monsters

doerrtea
01-19-2012, 02:33 AM
Precisely. It would allow new players to come and go. people to create tonnes of different characters and it would keep things from hitting a 'stall' in the action.

It doesn't have to be entirely void of RP elements or skill challenges and such. Like I said, I just dont know how to go about it as I've got nil GM experience.

TheNothingMan
01-19-2012, 11:21 PM
I may be interested myself.

ultra_dude
01-20-2012, 12:13 AM
awesome,it would be pretty fun i think, as long as there's room for some good character interaction and rp

Johnism
01-20-2012, 12:54 AM
Sounds like it would be really fun actually. Sort of like a Hunger Games/Battle Royale competition with monsters in the mix.

Hillsy
01-20-2012, 03:56 AM
Interesting. Sounds very different - What sort of times you looking at? (and what timezone?)

Talaeladar
01-26-2012, 11:37 PM
I'd be interested in joining, either as a PC or a DM, maybe even both. I've been playing for years, and this would be an interesting change of pace for me. My schedule is flexible. (Skype Name: talaeladar)

Hillsy
01-27-2012, 05:29 AM
What timezones are everyone in? Looking at it I've spied, ontario, iowa, oaklahoma and 2 australians. I'm in the UK myself. Think finding a mutual time might be the most important thing. Unfortunately I've probably got the most restricted timeslots....=0(

Talaeladar
01-27-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm in Oklahoma (USA-CST) but I'm pretty flexible with my playing time. I'd prefer not to play weekends, that's reserved for my wife, but during the week I'm willing to work with everyone.

Rathalius
01-30-2012, 06:21 PM
I could seriously get into this... and the style of game play you guys seem to be looking for could come straight out of the Dungeon Delve rulebook. I volunteer to DM these shenanigans or I will simply play if I get Vetoed.