PDA

View Full Version : Sci Fi / Futuristic DM looking for reliable roleplayers

Friend&Peace
12-23-2011, 07:39 AM
Hello,

I'm considering running a SciFi themed PBP game and was wondering what the interest level was and what type of theme would be prefered. From the rule sets I have sitting around, I could do something based in the Farscape universe (AEG Rules), StarWars Saga (WOTC) or D6 Space (WEG).

I'm not big on cannon stuff though. I like StarWars but probably couldn't name more than a handful of races or planets unless it was in one of the original three movies. I love Farscape but again, there are a lot of details that I don't try to keep track of. I tend to prefer original settings to avoid having the "that's not the official way" converstation.

If you have a desire to play in a sci fi type game, give me a yell. Let me know what your rule preference is (I'm okay picking up something new) and what type of setting you like. Asking for something like a specific movie or book is fine, but I'll probably respond by asking what you like about the settings.

I prefer PBP games that have a daily post rate during the week with weekends basically off. If interested find me at www.playbyposting.com (http://www.playbyposting.com/)

Take care,

Sombalance

spotlight
12-23-2011, 03:57 PM
I have played several PBP games, my favoritebeing Champions (supers) which turned into a spaceopera, with the earth joining one of the Galactic empires, earth being one of the few that produces mutants. Another being a Star Wars style using Atomic Sock Monkey rules. And I dearly love Farscape.
I like most sci-fi based games and love role-playing out new situations. Thus I care not for "official" rules, as long as the GM says that's what it is, that's what it is. Daily posts would not be difficult currently.

Q-man
12-24-2011, 12:11 AM
I'd be interested in this I haven't played much in the genre though, a little Star Wars and some Shadowrun is it. I'd like to try a bit more. I can probably do close to daily posts, at least 3 times a week. I might need some help with the rules, but with play by post I should have plenty of time to read up on what i need to know.

I tried going to tjat site you linked, but it couldn't be found. It could be because i'm on a mobile device. I'll check it again later when I can get to my laptop.

Lazarus
12-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Sounds like this could be interesting, everything will depend on what setting you eventually choose. I'd done WEG d6 Star Wars, but have not tried or watched Farscape. I'm fine with HERO although it is crunchier than I normally like, I prefer d6, savage Worlds, or Cortex rules lite type systems. Perhaps you could do a Battlestar Galactica set during the first Cylon War or even Firefly.

Gregora
01-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Hey im interested I could manage daily posts Warhammer is about the only sci-fi setting I've ever used but I can pick up whatever the group decides.

roninkelt
01-15-2012, 07:20 PM
I'd be interested in playing as well. Would it be a forum game or email?