PDA

View Full Version : Considering a Vampire the Masquerade Campaign

Mandalorian Jedi
12-17-2011, 02:25 PM
I guess you can blame the release of the 20th anniversary edition but I've been craving some quality VtM play. I've searched around and after all the dead campaigns I find mostly campaigns based on IRC or 'freestyle' campaigns that are pure role play.

While I am a role player first and die roller wayyyyy last, I don't like the freestyle stuff because I like having character sheets and defined skills as well as personal goals to work on. The 'freestyle' campaigns to me (no offense meant) just seem like people pretending to be vampires and chatting.

One little thought I had on smoothing things out is that a ST can determine the outcome of a conflict beforehand, hand the outcome to the players involved and allow them to RP it out however they see fit.

Just a thought. I just don't want to have every single act come down to a roll of the dice. And I don't want someone's crazy combat stats meaning they can walk all over anyone they want.

Currently just in the process of considering this undertaking. I'd be looking for players and definitely assistant staff to help out.

Let me know if you are interested (or if you think you have or know of a game that would suit my interests please let me know that as well).

Cheers

thebrassmonkey
01-04-2012, 09:06 PM
I am always up for a good V:tM campaign!

psionicmaelstrom
01-11-2012, 08:03 AM
Me too! I'll have to dig my books out of storage. I've run V:tM in the past, so I'm up for playing or helping to run.

fenixphire
01-17-2012, 09:13 PM
My husband and I would both be interested in this if you are still thinking about running it.