PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Artists

Cryotech
12-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Hello All,

I'm posting this because I know some of you can draw with wicked skills and I thought some of you might want to showcase your talents in a new zombie survival RPG book that is in the process of being finalized for print. This isn't the only place I'm posting this so there will most likely be more than one artist. I've been a member here for quite a while and have grown to like most of you :D.

What I'm looking for is realistic looking, dark zombie scenes. They don't have to be extremely complex but the more realistic and less "cartoony" the better.

The deadline is still 6 months off so there really isn't a huge rush but being punctual would be greatly appreciated.

More details will be provided to those that are interested. Please PM me if you are. If you have issues PM'n me, my active zombie group can be found here:
http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/group.php?groupid=386

NOTE: This is not a commercial venture but a private project for those that love to draw and would love to have their work published. However, I want to make it clear that you will retain full rights to your artwork and the credits will reflect this. I'm doing this project 100% out-of-pocket but because I'm not in the business of leaving those behind who do help me, I wanted to compensate the artist, assuming the game sales. We can discuss this privately though.

Thanks to all who read this.

nijineko
12-13-2011, 12:08 PM
i am an artist, but my style is definitely not dark, and likely not all that realistic. thanks for posting it here for all of us to see though!

Cryotech
12-13-2011, 01:50 PM
You're very welcome, thank you for responding. What type of art do you do? Dark is just what I'm looking for regarding the zombie scenes but not everything has to be dark. I'd love to see some of your work.

Malruhn
12-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Like my writing skills, I am not a creator - I am a tweaker.

Give me a crappy idea for a story, I can turn it into a workable novella.

Give me a pic of a herd of PEOPLE, and I can turn the pic into a horde of ravening zombies.

I just can't draw well enough to make a PERSON - but I can tweak them with GiMP (Photoshop-like freeware) to make them into demons, zombies or mutants.

Cryotech
12-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Hi Malruhn,

That would be fabulous actually. The art doesn't have to be masterpieces, I just need help filling the white space with awesome zombie imagery :D.

If you're still interested, I'll find some public domain imagery (I don't have any myself) that we can use with hordes of people or people in general and I'll email them to you have you'll PM me your addy.

Also, seeing that you can spin a pretty good tale, would you be up for writing short stories for the game? And what I mean by short stories is like maybe a half page to full page story that will help keep the readers entertained between rules. I have quite a few ideas I can shoot your way.

Any help you can offer will be extremely appreciated!

Malruhn
12-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Unfortunately, my "zombie-pocolypse" writing is for crap... "There you are, minding your own business, when, 'CRASH!' 'MOOOAAANNN' Now battle ensues."

I'll stick with the art on this one, if you don't mind. And you can just PM me the linkies to the pics you want doctored. I have a photobucket account so I can repost and you can steal them from me in return.

Cryotech
12-15-2011, 12:32 PM
"There you are, minding your own business, when, 'CRASH!' 'MOOOAAANNN' Now battle ensues."My add-on to your masterful story plot.

Having been minding my own business up to this point, I quickly gasp and spin around in my La-Z-Boy chair to see a bunch of dead people invading my home. One looking a lot like Bubba Rae who died from a failed Potato Cannon experiment three years back. "What in tarnations is going on here?!" I shout out while pointing to the decayed bodies crashing through the already, broken screen door. Noticing one of the dead thing-a-mic-bobs using my wife's leg as its own personal KFC drumstick, I quickly jump up, purely in protection mode. "You, there, stop snacking on my wife! You don't know where she's been!"

Excellent, thank you for your help Malruhn! I'll send you the photos as soon as I find some good ones.

Malruhn
12-16-2011, 12:12 AM
Before I go and waste any more than the 15 minutes I put into the first linky you sent me - only to find out that my ideas and skills are crap - here's a VERY fast example of the "Busy Clerk". I have the original and zombi-fied next to each other for reference.

(Edit to add: The quality/clarity is crap for bandwidth. The original is about a .5 megabytes, and I didn't want to screw with the band-width. /edit)

If it's something you like, just holler - I'm gaga over doing crap like this!!

Another edit... I don't know why there's a pic AND a thumbnail... the thumbnail is for the first uber-crap resolution edit I did. The regular pic link (top one) is the slightly better quality. It's still at 30% resolution from the original.

Cryotech
12-16-2011, 02:21 AM
Hey Malruhn,

That's pretty cool actually. I like it :). I'm looking forward to seeing more zombies lol.

Malruhn
12-16-2011, 03:32 PM
The linkies have been clicked, the free pics have been downloaded, and now I'm going to start. Do you want these things piecemeal (as I get each done), or a mass-send at the end?

Cryotech
12-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Mass send is fine and there's no rush so please don't stress yourself over these.

Malruhn
01-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Four completed - and I am formulating ideas for the others.

I am doing several versions of each (kind of). I do a full color version - then sometimes a black and white WITH color (black and white face with colored eyes/wounds), and then I do a black and white for ALL of them. Since you are looking to have them printed, odds are they'll be in b/w.

Oh, and as for the contract, here's my rider for this one:

I hereby submit the following copyrighted art samples for your use, and expect ZERO monetary compensation. The only things I demand is that my "signature" on each piece remain in place, and I get a credit in the "contributing artists" section.

How's that? I'm getting paid in bragging rights!! WOOOO!!!!

Oh, and a rider for my rider...

If we ever meet face-to-face, you owe me one drink of my choice (under $10, probably a diet cola!)

Cryotech
01-07-2012, 10:08 PM
I can't wait to see the finished products :)

Hehe, bragging rights are awesome and I'll definitely buy you a diet soda, even with a meal :D.

You got it, all sigs will remain as well as credit will be given on the website and in any books they're used in.

I can't thank you enough for your help, I'm very grateful for it.

Malruhn
01-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Listen here, bucko, I never said ANYTHING about a meal!!

Jeez, what some people will do to screw up a contract! (thanks for the offer, though!)

I do have some questions... What resolution do you want - I am doing them in 600dpi jpg files - but can render them up or down as needed. Also, because of the resolution at present, the files are OMG big... I may need to mail them via CD. I'll let you know when I am done.