PDA

View Full Version : The Dales At War

Johnnymac
12-05-2011, 12:06 AM
Hi there!

My name is John - currently running a (mostly) 3.5 DND campaign online using maptools software. We meet approximately once a week - sometimes a little less. We usually meet on Tuesday at 7pm EST and play for about 4 hours.

Some details:

My current players all know each other, and there is a large emphasis on friendly interaction. In other words, we're all friends and try to have fun together. Our average age is probably around 27-28, and most of us have (relatively) professional jobs - from cabdrivers to lawyers to police officers.

We've been playing together in this campaign for about a year and a half, but a bunch of us have played together (both in real life and on line) a bunch of times in the past.

The campaign uses mostly 3.5 DND rules (with some Pathfinder stuff thrown in) set in the Forgotten Realms Campaign setting around the time of Lashan's War in the Dalelands. While some knowledge of Forgotten Realms is fun, it is hardly necessary. My players run the gamut from "who's Elminster?" to "I can name all Seven Sisters backward".

While the campaign has a theme, I allow my players a lot of "sandboxing", and wandering around. I'd say that the campaign runs about half and half roleplaying/combat - with a few sessions in a row almost entirely roleplaying, followed by a few sessions of monster-slaying gratification.

Bottom line: we have a lot of fun, and don't let the rules and a bunch of junk get in the way. If you're a hardcore powergamer who spends his spare time feverishly adding up how to add every bonus in the game to your to-hit roll, you probably won't be happy here.

ff you want more details, please drop me a line - either here or directly at jmigdale@yahoo.com

ferg4096
03-25-2013, 12:12 PM
I'm a new DnD player and am looking for a game near me in the Boston area. Are you looking for new players, and if so when and where do you meet? I look forward to hearing from you.