PDA

View Full Version : Cortex+/Smallville RPG anyone?

Leffa
12-02-2011, 03:55 AM
've been wanting to run a game using the Smallville RPG for a while now. I will never be able to get my face to face group to try it though, so I'm forced to turn online for this. Was thinking of running it as a play-by-post.

I am more of a Marvel-fan than a DC one, but I have a few basic premises that I'd like to test out. If anyone else would like to play let me know.

X-Men: The players are all mutants at Xavier's school, where they are being pulled between the forces of Xavier and Magneto. Or the players could play humans that are tied to the mutant side of the marvel verse (Bolivar Trask, Senator Kelly)

Parkerville: Similiar to Smallville, only this game will be about a young Peter Parker coming to grips with his amazing powers. The players could play either Peter Parker or any of his friends or eventual villains (or any Marvel character really).

These are just the bare bones of my ideas and would develop together with the players. Perhaps we can change the premise to something more like Heroes where the game is about the birth of the age of Marvels and any character is up for grabs.

Anyone else who'd like to play? :)

Gavril
01-08-2012, 08:54 AM
I'm not a huge fan of playing established characters, but am very interested in the Smallville rules set. I do think a Play By Skype/Oovoo would work a lot better, given the colaberative nature of how the system works. Most actions/reactions are accomplished through discussion/consenses, which PBP wouldn't seem to handle too well. Have you had any other bites on this?

Leffa
01-09-2012, 05:33 AM
I am currently traveling a lot for work, so the schedule and reliable internet required for play through any form of chat would be hard to make work. And with me being in the GMT+1 timezone, has proven difficult to get a schedule where I don't have to stay up late at night (this worked when I was a carefree student).

Sadly, there don't seem to have been a lot of interest in this. But I'm still willing to run it, but it would have to be PbP.

Thnxbrvknight
04-14-2012, 08:02 PM
I'd love to play or run this over Skype; I've actually run it once before with a group in real life. If you're interested, add my on Skype: Espynwislyn