PDA

View Full Version : Calling all GURPS!

Ansalander
12-01-2011, 03:01 PM
GURPS

Where is everybody? We know you’re hiding out there somewhere…

Who are we?

We are a small established group of gamers who play GURPS weekly in Spokane Valley. We want to locate other GURPS gamers in the Eastern Washington area. Our current group consists of 2 GMs and 3 players. Some of us have been GURPSing since before the ink on “Man to Man” dried. Yes, we are in our 30s, thanks for wondering… 4 male and 1 female. Other useless data is available upon request.

We only know of 5 other GURPSers in all of the land. Unfortunately most, if not all, of them are inactive from a GURPS perspective. We would like, at the very least, to correspond with others interested in GURPS via e-mail and discuss future gaming plans and hopefully expand our potential player base (and yours).

FAQ

Q. Are you crazy? GURPS is difficult and tedious!

A. No, it isn’t difficult and tedious. We cannot respond to the first part of your question due to the inherent perils of self diagnosis.

Q. Do you have to be a theoretical physicist in order to play this game?

A. No. We have an armchair theoretical physicist on staff to handle all of the differential equations and such.

Q. What if I’ve never played GURPS?

A. That’s just fine with us. We’ll gladly do all the bookwork until you get the hang of it. We are really just looking for interested players that are reasonably easy to get along with and that play an active role (we have furniture already), hopefully with a little creativity.

Q. Why isn’t there a large and vibrant GURPS community in Spokane?

A. We’re wondering the same thing.

Q. Will you let me play my favorite character arch-type? It’s a psychotic cyber ninja monkey.

A. No psychotic cyber ninja monkeys allowed.

Q. Do you actually use the rules?

A. Most of them, yes.

Death By Donut
12-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Hey I am new to GURPS just started looking over the 4th edition rule books, but I am looking for a regular weekly game with active players who are actually interested in playing (which would be a nice change from my current group.)