PDA

View Full Version : dark heresy campaign recruiting

crustbucket
11-29-2011, 05:19 PM
i am running a dark heresy campaign and could use a few more players. we will be playing weekly on Monday nights from 9pm-midnightish EST using skype and maptools. we also have plans to play deathwatch in the future as well as black crusade and possibly rogue trader. pm or post if interested.

gordona8
11-29-2011, 05:58 PM
I have yet to play the dark heresy games but I am still very interested in that world. If you want to discuss this more with me, please feel free to add me on Skype. Username is ashleyagordon. The time you have listed would work for me.

Vampyroteuthis
11-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Damn that timedifference, that's too early here in Europe, even for me xD

crustbucket
12-02-2011, 09:44 AM
hey, gordona8, i think we may have talked before and found that the time difference is too much. i'm in EST. i believe that's GMT-5 or something. if not, you're welcome to join.

vampyroteuthis,
that sucks.

Dark Maiden
12-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Not familiar with Dark Heresy, but I'm interested if you still have room.

crustbucket
12-03-2011, 11:30 AM
In Dark Heresy, the players assume the role of a group of Acolytes working for an Inquisitor, who sends them on various missions. Depending on the type of mission, the gameplay can involve investigation, combat, intrigue, or a number of other genres. Therefore, the Game Master can tailor his campaign to suit his player group. As the players work for an Inquisitor, most missions involve rooting out heresies or matters relating to them, but the breadth of the game allows for many other missions, including wiping out dangerous gangs, gathering evidence of corruption, dealing with alien threats or eliminating rogue psykers.

more info can be found here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000_Roleplay). if you're still interested, pm me your email and i'll send you an invite to our group page. i believe i also talked to you about joining my kingmaker campaign on wednesday nights. there is still a slot open for that if you're still interested in that as well or instead.

crustbucket
12-14-2011, 12:18 AM
update: we just played our first session this week but could still use a couple more players. so far we have an adept, arbitrator and scum. the first session featured an attack by a mutated guardsman that left the adept and arbitrator frozen with fear for the first round leaving the scum alone to deal with it. surprisingly none of them were killed but it wouldn't hurt to have another shotgun on their side.

Syraphym
12-15-2011, 04:55 PM
I may be interested in joining as a Tech Priest. Depending on work/time constraints I may need to miss a session on rare occasions, but if that isn't a problem I'd be very interested in meeting to discuss details. If the spot is not filled, shoot me a pm with your skype info and I'd be glad to talk to and/or the others.

-Syraphym

Dark Maiden
12-16-2011, 09:33 AM
PM me. I need help making a character, maybe we can work one up on skype or something.

Valewalker
01-12-2012, 09:29 PM
I don't know if you're still looking for players, but I'm interested if you are. If not, oh well. :D

derkapickle
01-13-2012, 11:27 PM
I think ive joined the thread a little late, but ill still throw my name in there as another person looking to join.

crustbucket
01-15-2012, 12:09 PM
hey, valewalker and derkapickle,
we're currently at 7 players (that's one passed my usual limit of 6) but 2 of the players didn't show up last session (and therefore missed seeing the tech-priest have his arm broken by a full auto shot from a gun servitor and then proceed to get disemboweled by a zenos beast). if any happen to drop out, i'll let you know.

WolfmanRawr
01-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Add me to that list as well, it's hard to find any of those three games going.

crustbucket
01-17-2012, 06:53 PM
ok, i'll add you to the list. yeah, it's a shame there aren't more 40k rpg games. they're tons of fun.

Phantomime
01-20-2012, 01:55 PM
I'd be interested in joining the game if it still has any openings...

crustbucket
01-23-2012, 12:37 PM
we're still currently full but i will let you know should space open up. i really do wish i had more time to run a second campaign.

Oktober
01-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Please let us know if additional spots open up. I've been a long running GW fan and would love to get into a good campaign.

-Okt

crustbucket
02-06-2012, 09:53 PM
we have one open slot for this game. preferably a combat oriented pc as the group has had some close calls so far. the groups consists of an arbitrator, assassin, tech-priest, cleric and adept. priority will be given to the waiting list i have been keeping as follows:

1- valewalker
2- derkapickle
3- wolfmanrawr
4- phantomime
5- oktober

if you're on this list and would still like to join, post or pm. i will send an invite to the highest priority response that i receive by noon (EST) on saturday. our next game is monday night at 9pm EST. so that'll give you a day or so to finish making a pc so you can jump right in.

Oktober
02-07-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm certainly interested if the spot is available.

-Okt

derkapickle
02-08-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm seeing things in my email saying you posted here again, crsutbucket, but I don't see the actual posts. Anyways, if the email is to be believed, then I too am still interested

WolfmanRawr
02-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Rats, only two more days till derka's spot went to me -sniff-

WolfmanRawr
02-10-2012, 08:10 PM
You could always take two at once and bump yourself back up to 7. That way you only have to recruit half as often.

I'd be that wonderful 7th player for coming up with the idea. Then once I get a feel for the system again I can run a Black Crusade campaign, world knows I have the time. ;)

Dark Maiden
02-11-2012, 09:02 AM
I'm not on the list, for whatever reason. LOL But I am still interested now my mondays are no longer a sh*tfest.

crustbucket
02-11-2012, 01:05 PM
hey dark maiden, looks like i overlooked your post. you should be first on the list, so, it looks like your up. i'll send you an invite right away. as for everyone else, i'll keep the list in case i have anymore drop outs. as for 7 players, that's a bit much. we had 7 but things get confusing with that many, not to mention drawn out. we, as a group, decided that 5 is best for this style of game but we also have times when at least one player can't make it. that makes what is already a deadly game that much more so. in the end we decided to get a 6th player as a sort of buffer so that we don't have to cancel games when someone can't make it.

WolfmanRawr
02-12-2012, 11:28 AM
So you were already using the buffer theory, just at 6 instead of 7... so close.

Dark Maiden
02-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Crust, did you get my pm to you?

darkanglmarine
02-12-2012, 03:24 PM
I'll toss my name in as well. I've only found 1 group playing the 40k series games at my local gaming stores as well, and they are running Dark Crusade.

crustbucket
02-13-2012, 09:44 AM
wolfmanrawr: yeah, that's pretty much exactly right.
Dark_maiden: yeah, i sent you an invite saturday. just sent another as well as sent you a link just in case it didn't work.
darkangelmarine: i'll add you to the list. yeah, WH40k games are hard to find for some reason.

Phantomime
02-15-2012, 12:11 PM
bugger.. apparently i watch this thread too infrequently.. if another slot opens Im still totally down for it, but i dont visit this site much. Will try to fix that.

Solemn
02-17-2012, 06:47 AM
Do add me to the list of "Do want!" for this campaign. I know there's plenty piled into the pot, but I'm definitely ravenous for a go at 40k pen and paper. I've got a few character-basics saved on suptg's character generator, and could dive right in with a minimal amount of fuss, depending on the XP we're working with on startup.

Snare ahold of me at "solleaux" on skype.

crustbucket
02-17-2012, 01:15 PM
so, another pc had to go on hiatus due to personal reasons. it looks like derkapickle is up next. send my your email and i'll send you an invite.

WolfmanRawr
02-22-2012, 10:01 PM
One more victim to go and its my turn. -evil grin-

Phantomime
03-05-2012, 09:18 PM
closer and closer to game :P