PDA

View Full Version : The Mutant Epoch - Rust and Dust

Ravenlord
11-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Hello, I was wanting to run a play by post game of The Mutant Epoch, a post-apocalyptic rpg, on Obsidian Portal.com . I will be recruiting 4-5 players but if I get enough interest I will create a second group of the same number.

Because The Mutant Epoch is a fairly new game created by a new company many people don't haven't heard about it yet, which is a shame as it is the best Post Apocalyptic RPG I have run across so far. As fair warning this game tends to have a higher mortality rate then games like Dungeons and Dragons, so you will all be creating two characters to insure you stay in the game.

Here is an introduction to the setting...

The Mutant Epoch takes place in the late 24th Century, nearly 200 hundred years after the collapse of the former civilizations. It is a new dark ages for humanity, where might is often right, where nature has become twisted by ancient human science and accelerated evolution, where people live in small, often remote communities, fearful of strangers and growing eccentric in their isolation. It is a time when only a few hard pressed townships have formed factions, often in response to some external threat, where communities have taken on a more or less feudal system, employing technology more reminiscent of medieval Europe, mixed with the highly prized relics left behind by the ancients. In places, digger towns have emerged on the edge of great ruined cities of the oldsters, where daily expeditions by excavators pierce the dangerous junk heaps in search of wondrous treasures, as well as answers as to how and why the civilization of the old ones ended.

To sum up, the world of The Mutant Epoch would hardly be recognizable to present day people, and is a unique era in human history, an era where pure stock humans no longer hold the reigns of power; for in this new world there are now more mutant life forms than non-mutants. This is an age where new cultures rise upon the ruins of the old and hold out corporate strongholds struggle against mecha and mutant factions. It is also a time when unlikely heroes rise up and make a stand against the onslaught of barbarian marauders, blood thirsty beasts, humanoid raiders, the mecha hives and newly emerging, hostile powers. For many intelligent beings, especially mutant humans, it is the beginning of the greatest age in history, when the former dominance of the pure stocks has faded, and the opportunity to seize power and territory is within reach of the fit, the brave, and the adventurous. “No guts, no glory” shout the former slave races, as they make their forays into the ruins to claim their inheritance from careless, arrogant forefathers.

Character types will be rolled randomly, here are the character types you could be in the game...

Pure Stock Humans (unmutated humans)
Clones (copies of specific humans, born either in machines as adults or surrogate mothers)
Trans-humans (humans enhanced at pre-birth and selectively bred)
Bioreplicas (custom, bio-engineered beings, using human-themed DNA and grown instead of born, emerging as adults)
Cyborgs (humans with nervous system augmentation and assorted implants)
Ghost Mutants (aberrant humans with no visible mutations)
Mutants (from the mildly deviated to freakish horror mutants)
Beastial Humans (Also referred to as Mutant Animals)

Please post below if you are interested in this game.