PDA

View Full Version : Supers!: Help with Power

Dragonfly
11-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Hey guys,

I have a player who wants his character to have "the ability to absorb the essence, strength, powers, or health of a person (including himself) and transfer it to another. He has the ability to raise his hand and absorb a target's powers or resistances, then use his other hand to transefer those resistances or powers to another person."

How would you guys set this up? I'm thinking this power is best modeled through modified versions of Power Steal and Vampirism.

The trick, really, is the character's ability to transfer the drained powers to somebody other than himself. I'm thinking a simple Power Boost (1d). What do you think?

Best,

Dragonfly

Dragonfly
11-23-2011, 06:14 AM
Hey guys,

I've given this some further thought and am thinking that I should simply create two new powers, rather than modify existing ones. I came to this conclusion upon considering Power Drain and Power Steal, which basically do the same thing, but have slightly different effects. So:

Power Transfer: Similar to Power Steal, excepted that the drained powered is immediately bestowed to a third party of the attacking character's choice. The attacking character cannot assume the powers for himself.

Transference Healing: Similar to Vampiric Powers, except that the drained Resistances and/or Competency Dice are bestowed to a third party of the attacking character's choice. The attacking character cannot assume the Resistances and/or Competency Dice for himself.

I think this is more elegant than monkeying with Boosts and Complications in this case.

That being said, my question still stands. What would I do if my player DID wanted the option of either assuming the powers for his own character OR transferring them to a third party?

Would a simple Boost: Usable on Others (1d) grant that sort of flexibility?

Best,

Dragonfly

Dragonfly
11-24-2011, 12:47 PM
No thoughts on this one?

Simon, I'd be really curious to hear how you would handle this...

Simon W
11-24-2011, 01:45 PM
I've only just returned from a holiday in New Orleans. I'll think about it, unless anyone else chimes in...

Dragonfly
11-24-2011, 03:43 PM
Thanks, Simon. I don't mean to be pushy, so no worries if you don't come up with something. I'm just trying to get the hang of the system. I've been tinkering with it for awhile, but haven't had the chance to play it TOO much. Just with my daughters. This weekend I'll be kicking it off with some friends.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying it. If I get comfortable with it, I might be interested in doing some third party stuff for it, if you are comfortable with that.

Best,

Dragonfly