PDA

View Full Version : Dragonlance - Price of Courage

Vardoc Bloodstone
11-06-2011, 12:29 AM
Hi folks,

Looking to add a player or two to our existing campaign, which will hopefully continue for many months to come. We are currently running the Price of Courage campaign arc, which is set to D&D 3.5 rules and takes players from levels 1-20. We are only 3rd level and still in the starting area, so you would not be missing much by joining in at this time. This is a very exciting adventure that I would love to see come to a thrilling conclusion!

A few details about the campaign and our group:

We meet every other Sunday evening from 7pm until 10-11 (we don't start a new encounter after 10, but we'll finish up wherever we are at). I have a custom gaming table in my garage with plenty of space for a large group to gather around and draw out encounter maps.
Knowledge of Dragonlance is not critical, or even necessary. You'll get to know plenty about the world as you work through the adventure.
The campaign is written for D&D 3.5, but we use the Pathfinder rules which we have found to be very easy to transition into. If you are not familiar with Pathfinder, don't worry! The switch is very easy. :)
We are currently running with a dwarf cleric, an elf druid, and a DMPC minotaur paladin. I'm not a huge fan of DMPCs, but the group needs some muscle. He will step aside for anyone who wants to take the tank/melee role.
We play at a moderate level of skill. We welcome new players, but experienced players should enjoy us as well.
Please feel free to shoot me a message if interested.

Thanks,
Vardoc

dcfitch
11-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Hello. My name is Dan, and I am interested in your game. I currently own the Pathfinder Core and a few other books and am familiar with the rules, although I have not played any version of D&D for years. I am 42 years old with a family, so I guess that makes me closer to the old fogey side of things. Just as a curiosity, how does Pathfinder compare with D&D 3.5? Hope to hear from you soon.

Dan

p.s.

My direct email is dcfitch@verizon.net, if you would care to use that way of contact. Take care.

DungeoneerPk
11-07-2011, 04:40 PM
I've always been interested in D&D but I've never played. What is the difference between D&D and Pathfinder? Also, what sort of characters are you looking for to join your group?

Vardoc Bloodstone
11-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Pathfinder is based on the D&D 3.5 core ruleset, but with a few significant adjustments that overall increase the power level of the game. From a player perspective, the biggest changes (in my opinion) are as follows:

- PC races now normally have a net ability score modifier of+2 (e.g., humans get to put a +2 into any ability score at first level);
- The base classes were re-written with a more powers at each level, more similar to a monk, with a capstone ability at level 20;
- Characters get feats every odd level, instead of every 3rd level;
- The list of skills was consolidated (e.g., Hide and Move Silently were merged into Stealth), and the class/cross-class system was simplified;
- Some of the exotic combat maneuvers (grappling, tripping, disarming) were simplified into a Combat Maneuver system; and
- A lot of little tweaks to existing rules to accommodate a different balance of play.

If you are familiar with D&D 3.5, Pathfinder will be very easy to get used to. Pathfinder was put out by Paizo, and additional info can be found on their website.

As far as what type of characters we are looking for, a good balance of combat skills and roleplaying skills will make the game enjoyable. Beyond that, feel free to put together what you feel comfortable with and I can let you know how that would fit in to our existing group.

- Vardoc