PDA

View Full Version : Kefka? as a character.

Dirsion
10-19-2011, 04:10 AM
Alright I'm back guys and thank you so much for the help on my last thread. Unfortunately we as the party got wiped out on our last session. So with that, (A drowned Killed us all) (A sad fact indeed) But with us all having to make new characters I've decided to Play a Arcane Caster going into Ultimate Magus. Unless someone has a good idea I can use to cast good spells from both divine and arcane. Anyway As the thread title says. Kefka, For you who don't know who he is. He is the main villain in Final fantasy 6 and one of my favorite characters. With that out there I am going to enjoy "Role Playing kefka" I role played on a forum as Kefka People loved it so I thought I give a try in D&D now My question is. Using 32 point by system I really don't want to drop extra points where I don't have to. So is there a way to make my character cast either Wizard or Sorcerer spells using Cha, or Int, Meanin Sorc us int or wiz use Cha.?

Malruhn
10-20-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm just going to have to respond from my visceral reaction.

Bad idea. Full Stop. If you wanted to do this in my campaign, I would tell you to pack up and leave.

Okay, that being said, how about the reasons why...

Kefka is a nihilistic psychopath - only into his own stuff and will only deal with others when they support his mission at the moment. Would YOU want someone like that in your party? Someone that is only into destruction? Someone that you never knew when they were going to just walk away in the middle of battle or even set you up for failure in the middle of a scenario? I know I wouldn't.

Sorry - but you asked for opinions and that was mine. I really urge you to try again.

nijineko
10-23-2011, 09:05 PM
huh. well, not familiar at all with character, what do you like about the char?

a geomancer plus geometer is an interesting combo, that and runecaster. there was one interesting character in a campaign i'm running that was a druid and something arcane and went into a prestige that combined animal companion with familiar, and received some of the benefits of both. beefed up the companion nicely and made it a real contributor.

hopesfirexx
10-23-2011, 11:32 PM
Ooooh, that'd be a fun one to be. You'd have to get his charming laugh down really well. However, I must agree with Malruhn. He doesn't really have motive to stay with the party, and he's more likely to betray/abandon everyone than help. Unless your party is evil, that is. If they are evil, he'd probably be the group leader. The group leader who sacrifices his allies as he sees fit. I think he'd be better suited to staying the villain in the GM's hands than to be in the PC's hands.
Though if you insist, I'd send him to a charismatic spellcasting class (sorcerer), or at least have CHA be his secondary stat. He is, after all, a villain who was able to amass a great number of people to his side despite being unspeakably evil. And let's face it--he's hilarious! I don't think intelligence alone could have done that. While I think wizard would fit his fighting style slightly better, CHA is definitely important for roleplaying purposes. Perhaps a Wizard with higher than normal charisma? Be sure to max out on bluff, perhaps even a bit of intimidate.

DMMike
10-24-2011, 09:03 PM
You mean THIS Kefka?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXZvNnO1p5M

That's just not fair. Well, not until much higher PC levels. I believe this is Kefka's attitude on the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siuWZxDMGnk&feature=related

Dirsion
11-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Sorcerer is what I have decided to go with, and I toned his evilness down, I will still do some pretty evil things but in the main part of the campaign we are mercenaries, ironically no one has asked me why i am doing these jobs. My response would be to ascend to godhood and rule the world, the dm just passes me off as a crazy clown so yeah,though in that regard rping kefka wasn't getting me anywhere be the dm is being an ass and just insults me in game, so blah thanks anyway guys, ~~~~